Skip to content

Daughter Has A New Book

Barber Shop Talk
39 6 2.2k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Here ya go. Googled it.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41085209-the-rogue-king

    Wow all around 4 star reviews not bad for book #1.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Here ya go. Googled it.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41085209-the-rogue-king

    Wow all around 4 star reviews not bad for book #1.

    @mjp28 said:

    Wow all around 4 star reviews not bad for book #1.

    She's written several others but this is the first to be picked up by a publisher and placed in national bookstore chains. And I was wrong about Target. It was B&N and Walmart.

  • Kamalarry said:

    Hey. Dont know where to post this, but I have a GU Golf Cart bag that I dont use anymore if anyone has an interest. Looking to get it to a Zag fan.

    Hey rook get off my damn thread. Wanna get a birdie? Then buy yourself a 12 gauge for dove season next month.??

    Oh and welcome to the Brownsboard.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hey rook get off my damn thread. Wanna get a birdie? Then buy yourself a 12 gauge for dove season next month.??

    Oh and welcome to the Brownsboard.?

    Does she get her manuscript copyrighted before she sends it to the publisher? I assume she does...?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hey rook get off my damn thread. Wanna get a birdie? Then buy yourself a 12 gauge for dove season next month.??

    Oh and welcome to the Brownsboard.?

    Does she get her manuscript copyrighted before she sends it to the publisher? I assume she does...?

    @calfoxwc said:

    Does she get her manuscript copyrighted before she sends it to the publisher? I assume she does...?

    Not sure cal. I'll ask her this afternoon.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Wow all around 4 star reviews not bad for book #1.

    She's written several others but this is the first to be picked up by a publisher and placed in national bookstore chains. And I was wrong about Target. It was B&N and Walmart.

    @texasag1969 said:

    She's written several others but this is the first to be picked up by a publisher and placed in national bookstore chains. And I was wrong about Target. It was B&N and Walmart.

    Ok but still book #1 that is in the main stream.... not bad. Sequel? Series?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    She's written several others but this is the first to be picked up by a publisher and placed in national bookstore chains. And I was wrong about Target. It was B&N and Walmart.

    Ok but still book #1 that is in the main stream.... not bad. Sequel? Series?

    @mjp28 said:

    Ok but still book #1 that is in the main stream.... not bad. Sequel? Series?

    That  is the first of 3 in a series and they are taking on another series of 3 with different characters.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Does she get her manuscript copyrighted before she sends it to the publisher? I assume she does...?

    She told me she copyrights everything she writes for publication, even the initial ones she self published.

  • BTW here are all the awards she has won thus far with her writing, likely the reason why she was picked up for national distribution.

    https://abigailowen.com/about-the-author/awards/

    She attributes it to the recognition of what she thought was her best before The Rogue King and The Boss, Andromeda's Fall.

    The Boss (1st of that second series) just won first place in The Prism awards and she was invited to NY to accept the award. Andromeda's Fall won the same award in 2015. She's one heck of a writer. In my signed copy I bought yesterday of The Rogue King she wrote, "To Dad, who helps with my many personalities."? As the daughter of a counselor/psychologist she is very familiar with the concept of "Multiple Personality Disorder" in my diagnostic manuals.LOL! Like many an author she has successfully created "personalities" in all her fictional writing.

  • BTW here are all the awards she has won thus far with her writing, likely the reason why she was picked up for national distribution.

    https://abigailowen.com/about-the-author/awards/

    She attributes it to the recognition of what she thought was her best before The Rogue King and The Boss, Andromeda's Fall.

    The Boss (1st of that second series) just won first place in The Prism awards and she was invited to NY to accept the award. Andromeda's Fall won the same award in 2015. She's one heck of a writer. In my signed copy I bought yesterday of The Rogue King she wrote, "To Dad, who helps with my many personalities."? As the daughter of a counselor/psychologist she is very familiar with the concept of "Multiple Personality Disorder" in my diagnostic manuals.LOL! Like many an author she has successfully created "personalities" in all her fictional writing.

    @texasag1969 said:

    ?...........As the daughter of a counselor/psychologist she is very familiar with the concept of "Multiple Personality Disorder" in my diagnostic manuals.LOL! Like many an author she has successfully created "personalities" in all her fictional writing.

    That would also come in handy on this board.   😆

    BTW congratulations to her.

  • Very cool

  • Very cool

    @one-post said:

    Very cool

    Yes, she is. Thanks.

    PS-And I taught her so well in skydiving that she exceeded my minor accomplishments by winning a 4 person relative work national competition in Denver one year. She's a Renaissance Woman. LOL! ?

  • @one-post said:

    Very cool

    Yes, she is. Thanks.

    PS-And I taught her so well in skydiving that she exceeded my minor accomplishments by winning a 4 person relative work national competition in Denver one year. She's a Renaissance Woman. LOL! ?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yes, she is. Thanks.

    PS-And I taught her so well in skydiving that she exceeded my minor accomplishments by winning a 4 person relative work national competition in Denver one year. She's a Renaissance Woman. LOL! ?

    I hope you never write a recipe book - nobody wants your recipe for turd stew.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yes, she is. Thanks.

    PS-And I taught her so well in skydiving that she exceeded my minor accomplishments by winning a 4 person relative work national competition in Denver one year. She's a Renaissance Woman. LOL! ?

    I hope you never write a recipe book - nobody wants your recipe for turd stew.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hope you never write a recipe book - nobody wants your recipe for turd stew.

    WTF are you even talking about.?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I hope you never write a recipe book - nobody wants your recipe for turd stew.

    WTF are you even talking about.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    WTF are you even talking about.?

    lol. About you jabbing me right in the middle of anywhere other places. "sorry" What goes around, comes around.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    WTF are you even talking about.?

    lol. About you jabbing me right in the middle of anywhere other places. "sorry" What goes around, comes around.

    @calfoxwc said:

    lol. About you jabbing me right in the middle of anywhere other places. "sorry" What goes around, comes around.

    But I don't go through your family like you have done. Just reconsider next time around. I have no problem with you taking shots anywhere else. Feel free.

  • nah. Your daughter is amazing - I wish I could get my novel published. I'll figure it out, about how to decide it's ready, and where to try. You still hit my threads when I least expect it. Think about that next time.

  • The  novel I want to write  involves Time  Travel.

  • I've had some friends read mine - some quit after the first two chapters - it stopped being funny for a while...

    a few friends loved it, want me to get it published, and my Wife and friends Mom read it, really liked it, except for highlighting my mistakes - like run on sentences, too much descriptions in certain places.

    They were right. It's different when you write it, and then when you read it. LOL. I just wanted to get the adventure down officially.

  • nah. Your daughter is amazing - I wish I could get my novel published. I'll figure it out, about how to decide it's ready, and where to try. You still hit my threads when I least expect it. Think about that next time.

    @calfoxwc said:

    nah. Your daughter is amazing - I wish I could get my novel published. I'll figure it out, about how to decide it's ready, and where to try. You still hit my threads when I least expect it. Think about that next time.

    Thank you for your comment on my daughter. I too will be a little bit more careful next time around.You have already figured out by now I'm a bit of a ham and a tease. But since you don't know me personally I can see why you might take it differently than what is meant. My friend whom I play RB with and retired Special forces is used to our give and  take on emails back and forth on Trump pros and cons, but we see each other several times a week and neither of us takes the jabs personally. We are far worse with one another than I am with you here. And he gets away with a lot worse with me too. That's one thing I hate about internet chat boards. You can't really know the other person on the other end. I do know we have  lot more in common than not, like the spiritual wonder of the outdoors, trips across America, love of country and military background. Too bad you're not a fine red wine drinker too. LOL!??

    BTW I have a really good mystery novel  to recommend. It's an old one that takes place on the Navajo and adjacent Zuni reservation in NW New Mexico and goes in depth into their spiritual beliefs and ceremonies. It's Tony Hillerman's Dance Hall of the Dead. My son is now reading it since he spent two years as a teacher/coach in Zuni and my grandson attended preschool in Ramah on the Navajo reservation next door. I was familiar with all the locales from our visits out there. In fact I had a famous jewelry making Zuni woman make a ring for me that has the Zuni river falling through the Black Rock volcanic escarpment above Zuni with their sacred flattop mountain with turquoise and pearl sun rays coming over it's top with a 1/10 ounce real gold 2008 U.S. Buffalo coin in the center. It's set in a very heavy near pure silver antiqued ring. All I had to do was bring her the coin with a sketch of how I wanted it to look and within weeks she had completed the very intricate stone carvings and settings to make it come to life. The Zuni are known for their jewelry making abilities and this one is a perfect one of a kind. Zuni is a very special place and well worth a guide. We were lucky my son had Zuni friends to show us their community and take us to their sacred ceremonial dances as they explained what it was all about.

  • My daughter just got a box of her newest followup novel to The Rogue King entitled The Blood King, which will also be carried in Barnes & Noble.

    She surprised me with a dedication in the front section:  "To Dad: Thanks for teaching us not to be afraid, that life is an adventure, and to be ready for anything." 

    Very proud of her writing abilities and the courage to attempt novel writing. She went well beyond her own expectations with so many awards.?

    EDIT: Link to writing her awards won and up for currently. She writes under a pseudonym.

    https://abigailowen.com/about-the-author/awards/

  • How cool !  Nice to be a recognized published author.