Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Hong Kong Protesters love America

Hong Kong Protesters love America

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
6 Posts 3 Posters 115 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
    • 28k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
      • 11k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
      #2

      Our ship pulled into Hong Kong in 1976 and it was a cool place to visit. All kinds of shops with great prices. It was under British control then. I got a few of my tattoos there. Matter of fact I think most of the sailors on my ship got them there. They had a great sales pitch. They had people on the street advertising this place with free beer...and yep they did give you free beer and then tattoo you with all the bad decisions too much free beer can produce LOL...Actually a sad story for one guy on the ship. He was drunk and got a huge tattoo (and it was huge). It was a dear head that covered his stomach and chest and shoulders and the antlers went around into his back. The next day when he sobered up and saw what he had done he freaked out and they took him off the ship and I never saw him again. I don't if they can remove a fresh tattoo like he had or not, this was back in the 70's before laser removal of tattoos?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Hong Kong and Taiwan are both getting a raw deal but I don't think there will be much that can be done about it. 

        OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

          Hong Kong and Taiwan are both getting a raw deal but I don't think there will be much that can be done about it. 

          OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
          • 11k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @logicisforsquares said:

          Hong Kong and Taiwan are both getting a raw deal but I don't think there will be much that can be done about it. 

          I think Hong Kong is in a worse position. In 1997 when the British turned back control of Hong Kong to China I'm not sure there is anything but protests by the people of Hong Kong from keeping China just going in and strong arming them into submission like they did with the students at Tianaman Square.

          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
            • 28k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
            #5

            Hong Kong was the first port I pulled into on the USS MIDWAY (CV-41) got my first tattoo there.  Next port was Subic Bay.?

            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
            OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

              Hong Kong was the first port I pulled into on the USS MIDWAY (CV-41) got my first tattoo there.  Next port was Subic Bay.?

              OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
              • 11k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @diehardbrownsfan said:

              Hong Kong was the first port I pulled into on the USS MIDWAY (CV-41) got my first tattoo their.  Next port was Subc Bay.?

              I was on the USS Decatur DDG 31. The "dicky do's" LOL. Actually that was our mascot name the "USS Decatur Dicky Do's" named after Dick Decatur.

              When I enlisted in 75 I was expecting we would have the old cracker jack uniforms which I always liked and the denim bell bottom work jeans but as fate would have it they changed the uniforms to a double breasted suit and did away with the denim jeans just at the time I joined and after I left they went back to the old uniforms. Also I liked the idea of having a beard but mother nature at the time wouldn't allow me to grow a decent one and I was only in the Navy for a short time when they did away with allowing beards  at all.

              You had to be in Subic Bay in the 70's.......crazy place. The best port we pulled into for me was Sydney Australia. I had a lot of fun there and met some great people.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate