Skip to content

MBA Debt

Political Discussion
70 11 772
  • @mld-woody said:

    Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc

    I haven't had any issues with engineers.

    My comment was more directed at degrees professionals

    This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.

    I'm telling you there hasn't really been any major change in degreed professional level hiring, at least within what I know (engineering) since Trump took over. Again, at least based on everything I'm seeing. 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.

    picky picky picky

    @calfoxwc said:

    picky picky picky

    I just like my numbers to be honest. That is why a lot of people put fingers in their ears about national debt.

  • If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying. 🙂 

  • If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying. 🙂 

    @canton-dawg said:

    If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying. 🙂 

    After we address taking over the social media, we will work on these mortgages, comrade.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    picky picky picky

    I just like my numbers to be honest. That is why a lot of people put fingers in their ears about national debt.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I just like my numbers to be honest. That is why a lot of people put fingers in their ears about national debt.

    I think the people with fingers in their ears (and asses) reside on Capital Hill.

  • I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...

  • I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...

    Reparations FOR ALL!!!!

  • I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...

    Oh that would be fantastic. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

    WSS

    Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.

    But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.

    I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.

    But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.

    I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.

    My Bachelor's degree in Biology ended up just a shade under $70k. Miami University definitely isn't among the cheapest unis to go to.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...

    Oh that would be fantastic. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh that would be fantastic. 

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh that would be fantastic. 

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

    I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.

    And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh that would be fantastic. 

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

    Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.

    Or try to close their tax loopholes

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

    I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.

    And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off. 

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.

    And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off. 

    Point the finger where it belongs at Washington DC..there have been a lot of boomers who never signed on to overspending by our government and have said we are saddling the next generation with this debt.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

    Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.

    Or try to close their tax loopholes

    @mld-woody said:

    Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.

    Or try to close their tax loopholes

    Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful  I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are. 

    Remember this too that businesses do not pay taxes anyway. Whatever increase in taxes are put on them will just get passed on to consumers.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.

    Or try to close their tax loopholes

    Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful  I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are. 

    Remember this too that businesses do not pay taxes anyway. Whatever increase in taxes are put on them will just get passed on to consumers.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful  I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are. 

    Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful  I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are. 

    Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

    Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

    The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

    Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

    The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

    The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

    Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

    Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

    The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

    The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

    @mld-woody said:

    Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

    That is only part of it. The great job market we have now will disappear because why would anyone in business want to build a new business or expand their business if they are only going to get penalized for it?  

    Here is a great article from a very liberal senator (George Mcgovern) who ran for president in 1972 about what he learned when he started his own business after leaving the senate and how he found out how wrong and destructive his liberal policies were to business and how he would have done things differently if he knew what he found out as a business owner. 

    George McGovern, Small Business Owner

     
     

    By Fran Tarkenton    |   Monday, 22 October 2012 04:49 PM

    https://www.newsmax.com/frantarkenton/mcgovern-small-business-owner/2012/10/22/id/460970/

  • Yes, why would anyone want to get rich if they're now getting slightly less rich. I mean why bother at that point? I'd rather make minimum wage than make 7 figures with a slightly higher tax rate

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

    The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

    Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

    @mld-woody said:

    Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

    I also laugh at your premise of taxing the "Super Wealthy". 

    Like they're going to sit around in a country that's going to tax the shit out of them.

    Newsflash...they will be gone faster than last week's paycheck.