Skip to content

Hue Jackson: Cleveland was 'some of the best coaching I did'

The Browns Board
33 20 1.4k 1
  • CBS Sports: Hue Jackson: Despite 3-36-1 record, Cleveland was 'some of the best coaching I did

    I did a literal spit take when I first saw this. The man has lost all touch with reality at this point.

  • Is that on his resume too? I hear he’s looking for a job. DQ is hiring

  • I finally challenged myself to read this CPDa.gif   (I think😉)                                                                                                                             same results.. CABZ.gif     Was there ever a new head coaching candidate hyped so highly thru the media? That turned out so wrong? Like Goodell..Haslam should have been forced to send out apology letters to the fans giving Hue that 3rd season..Toad Haley was the square peg, being hammered into the round hole..Wait! Actually props to Haslem..last we heard or seen from him was? A presser with Dorse, firing both. Perfect!. Really excited to be moving on to a guy like Kitchens..Lets Go!!        

  • Is that on his resume too? I hear he’s looking for a job. DQ is hiring

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Is that on his resume too? I hear he’s looking for a job. DQ is hiring

    So is McDonalds. Hue could be the guy at the counter whose job it is to say, "You'll have to place your order at the kiosk Sir" to which the correct answer is "I'll place MY order at Wendy's".

    Perfect job for Hue...doing absolutely NOTHING that is productive.

    Mike

  • Reminds me of that restaurant scene in Taxi when Louie is consoled by Alex that he did the best he could have done, so he did not have to worry that God would punish him for falling short of "good". He realizes that Alex is right, so he steals tip money left on a table for the waitress as he walks out the door. LOL!?

  • Honest reflection isn't Hue's strength. Probably why we saw some pretty dull game plans and execution. 

  • I guess it begs the question, what was the worst coaching he ever did?

  • Well....the thing is, Hue may be perfectly honest and perfectly correct.   This may have been the best coaching he had done.  And all that says is how really bad he was as a coach.

    Which...we knew.

  • I guess it begs the question, what was the worst coaching he ever did?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I guess it begs the question, what was the worst coaching he ever did?

    Pick any redzone possession.?

    Or any useless TO, like that one within the first minute of the game.?

  • The man is in pure "De-Nile",,,, His best bet is college ball.. He can be a kid the rest of his life there....

  • The man is in pure "De-Nile",,,, His best bet is college ball.. He can be a kid the rest of his life there....

    @nickers said:

    The man is in pure "De-Nile",,,, His best bet is college ball.. He can be a kid the rest of his life there....

    I would not wish him on any major college team........................................except Texas.?

  • If Cleveland was his best coaching, please - any other team in the ACFN - hire this guy immediately!

    I still trust Hue's judgement regarding Cody Kessler.. in the sense that he's wrong every time.

  • A HUE HAIKU by Calfox

    Hue blew, and who knew?

    until t'was too freaking late.

    All wet in Egypt

  • If Cleveland was his best coaching, please - any other team in the ACFN - hire this guy immediately!

    I still trust Hue's judgement regarding Cody Kessler.. in the sense that he's wrong every time.

    @unsympathetic said:

    If Cleveland was his best coaching, please - any other team in the ACFN - hire this guy immediately!

    I still trust Hue's judgement regarding Cody Kessler.. in the sense that he's wrong every time.

    LOL, and felt the earth move when he watched RG III running around in shorts. Actually, it was a truck dumping a load of garbage behind him, just didn't know the difference. The man couldn't recognize talent if it walked up to him and bit him in the ass. 

    Hue, you were so bad, if I was sponsoring a Pop Warner team, I wouldn't let you coach it. Do the football world a favor, and just fade away into retirement. Lord knows, you got plenty of Haslam's money to live it up on. 

  • The Ghoul hated him from the start.    

    It took 'til game seven before I knew we had the wrong coach.

    The Bengals had been marching down the field on us all first half.scoring TD's..........near the end of the half we move the ball to their 38 with like, 4th and 2 or 3.    I'm like, GO FOR IT.  (they led, 14-10)............Well, Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching, can't make up his mind and gets a delay of game penalty making it 4th & 8 from the 43 with 1:10 left in the half.  He punts.   -  ok, he's a wuss, but...ok.

    Now, I'm a little concerned about keeping Cincy from FG range....'cuz we really can't stop them.   --  They run it up the gut for 5 yards, and get up slowly, and are moseying back to the huddle, and I'm like, Thank You!  Let's go to the half.  BUT NOOOOooo!  Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching calls TO.  I'm like, WHAT?  WE CALLED TO?    You see, we only had 2 left after losing a coaches challenge......so we couldn't possibly get them to have to punt.   Sooooo, the Bengals run it up the gut again for 6 yards, 1st down....and so they decide, Let's call TO.  -  They went on to score a TD.  I said, We have the wrong fucking coach!  

  • “Get the fuck outta my office!”

  • “Get the fuck outta my office!”

    @comeonman said:

    “Get the fuck outta my office!”

    We have a winner of "the post of the off season" ?

  • The Ghoul hated him from the start.    

    It took 'til game seven before I knew we had the wrong coach.

    The Bengals had been marching down the field on us all first half.scoring TD's..........near the end of the half we move the ball to their 38 with like, 4th and 2 or 3.    I'm like, GO FOR IT.  (they led, 14-10)............Well, Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching, can't make up his mind and gets a delay of game penalty making it 4th & 8 from the 43 with 1:10 left in the half.  He punts.   -  ok, he's a wuss, but...ok.

    Now, I'm a little concerned about keeping Cincy from FG range....'cuz we really can't stop them.   --  They run it up the gut for 5 yards, and get up slowly, and are moseying back to the huddle, and I'm like, Thank You!  Let's go to the half.  BUT NOOOOooo!  Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching calls TO.  I'm like, WHAT?  WE CALLED TO?    You see, we only had 2 left after losing a coaches challenge......so we couldn't possibly get them to have to punt.   Sooooo, the Bengals run it up the gut again for 6 yards, 1st down....and so they decide, Let's call TO.  -  They went on to score a TD.  I said, We have the wrong fucking coach!  

    @orion said:

    The Ghoul hated him from the start.    

    It took 'til game seven before I knew we had the wrong coach.

    The Bengals had been marching down the field on us all first half.scoring TD's..........near the end of the half we move the ball to their 38 with like, 4th and 2 or 3.    I'm like, GO FOR IT.  (they led, 14-10)............Well, Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching, can't make up his mind and gets a delay of game penalty making it 4th & 8 from the 43 with 1:10 left in the half.  He punts.   -  ok, he's a wuss, but...ok.

    Now, I'm a little concerned about keeping Cincy from FG range....'cuz we really can't stop them.   --  They run it up the gut for 5 yards, and get up slowly, and are moseying back to the huddle, and I'm like, Thank You!  Let's go to the half.  BUT NOOOOooo!  Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching calls TO.  I'm like, WHAT?  WE CALLED TO?    You see, we only had 2 left after losing a coaches challenge......so we couldn't possibly get them to have to punt.   Sooooo, the Bengals run it up the gut again for 6 yards, 1st down....and so they decide, Let's call TO.  -  They went on to score a TD.  I said, We have the wrong fucking coach!  

    Oh jessss, you had to remind me of that boneheaded TO. I'll take another drink of that great rum now.? What an f'n idiot. Worst user of TO's in the history of football above middle school level.

  • The Ghoul hated him from the start.    

    It took 'til game seven before I knew we had the wrong coach.

    The Bengals had been marching down the field on us all first half.scoring TD's..........near the end of the half we move the ball to their 38 with like, 4th and 2 or 3.    I'm like, GO FOR IT.  (they led, 14-10)............Well, Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching, can't make up his mind and gets a delay of game penalty making it 4th & 8 from the 43 with 1:10 left in the half.  He punts.   -  ok, he's a wuss, but...ok.

    Now, I'm a little concerned about keeping Cincy from FG range....'cuz we really can't stop them.   --  They run it up the gut for 5 yards, and get up slowly, and are moseying back to the huddle, and I'm like, Thank You!  Let's go to the half.  BUT NOOOOooo!  Mr. Some Of My Best Coaching calls TO.  I'm like, WHAT?  WE CALLED TO?    You see, we only had 2 left after losing a coaches challenge......so we couldn't possibly get them to have to punt.   Sooooo, the Bengals run it up the gut again for 6 yards, 1st down....and so they decide, Let's call TO.  -  They went on to score a TD.  I said, We have the wrong fucking coach!  

    @orion said:

    The Ghoul hated him from the start.    

    the gword hated EVERYTHING from the start. the odds are, ...

    don't say it again. Like "beetlejui**"

  • Running a fake punt without lining up a kicker.  Brilliant!!!!!!