Tiamat's 2019 training camp observations, thoughts, ramblings (who the hell knows at this point?)
-
LMAO!!! Did you put them in touch with MKC?
Thanks for the OL feast.
USA Today article is out "gushing" about Robinson's improved "tech". Based on the two clips in the article I have to ask, "What 'tech'?" and "Who are these writers?"
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/27/greg-robinsons-technical-progress-evident-in-browns-camp/
- Kicks his left foot back at the snap, but does not no slide the right foot.
- Every move after that is a hop!
- Topside? Lotta grabbing... and not of the good, inside variety.
Garrett is either a chump or wasn't trying... my $$$ is on the latter. Any DE worth his salt catches a hopping OT in mid-air and plants him on his ass.
I feel like l watched both clips multiple times trying to see what you see, but not sure l do. I saw more of a gallop with his feet. Right left, right left, etc. In the first clip maybe l saw a point where both feet were in the air at the same time when Myles was pulling off spin move number two.
In clip 2 l saw him lose his base when his right foot went down near his left foot, but he regained it with a push off with the right hand to Myles’ gut and got his right foot back in place.
I’m not sure any of this equates to “better technique”, but l’ve always felt Robinson’s main bugaboo was a lack of tenacity.
I feel like l watched both clips multiple times trying to see what you see, but not sure l do. I saw more of a gallop with his feet. Right left, right left, etc. In the first clip maybe l saw a point where both feet were in the air at the same time when Myles was pulling off spin move number two.
In clip 2 l saw him lose his base when his right foot went down near his left foot, but he regained it with a push off with the right hand to Myles’ gut and got his right foot back in place.
I’m not sure any of this equates to “better technique”, but l’ve always felt Robinson’s main bugaboo was a lack of tenacity.
I moved it to the big screen for a closer look and Robinson would have been called for two holds (By the jersey) with his left hand around the back of Myles' right shoulder, first as Myles moves to R's left and second as he spins around right and you clearly see the hold to the back of the jersey. But of course that is typical of how people try to stop Myles, so it's good training. At least he didn't tackle him by his neck like everyone else gets away with.?
-
Good stuff, thanks. You probably noticed Avery is pretty much a fulltime lineman now I assume. Edit: Nevermind, I think he was out.
That's a nice motor to call on for nascar packages where Garrett slides down. Avery has a chance to make huge leaps this year since he can concentrate solely on line play with hybrid opportunities here and there to drop into coverage.
Good stuff, thanks. You probably noticed Avery is pretty much a fulltime lineman now I assume. Edit: Nevermind, I think he was out.
That's a nice motor to call on for nascar packages where Garrett slides down. Avery has a chance to make huge leaps this year since he can concentrate solely on line play with hybrid opportunities here and there to drop into coverage.
Nah, didnt notice that. But from what I've seen, he's spent time in 11's and drills between off ball and on ball backer. His primary role will be as a pass rusher though.
-
was listening to alex boone on a radio show last week..Boonie feels Kalis with his past history of just missing out on starting jobs, thinks this is where it's Kalis winning the RG spot..good to see you noted Kalis & he should be the leader of that OL2..wonder how freddie will play the RG spots during pre-season?
-
was listening to alex boone on a radio show last week..Boonie feels Kalis with his past history of just missing out on starting jobs, thinks this is where it's Kalis winning the RG spot..good to see you noted Kalis & he should be the leader of that OL2..wonder how freddie will play the RG spots during pre-season?
was listening to alex boone on a radio show last week..Boonie feels Kalis with his past history of just missing out on starting jobs, thinks this is where it's Kalis winning the RG spot..good to see you noted Kalis & he should be the leader of that OL2..wonder how freddie will play the RG spots during pre-season?
1st and 3rd games pre-season will be telling on that battle. Right now it's Kush and Kalis 1a/1b. But the sooner it's solved - the better.
-
was listening to alex boone on a radio show last week..Boonie feels Kalis with his past history of just missing out on starting jobs, thinks this is where it's Kalis winning the RG spot..good to see you noted Kalis & he should be the leader of that OL2..wonder how freddie will play the RG spots during pre-season?
1st and 3rd games pre-season will be telling on that battle. Right now it's Kush and Kalis 1a/1b. But the sooner it's solved - the better.
-
Did Corbett at least show any improvement in his facial hair game?
I saw Baker nuanced his with a porn ‘stache.
Didn't see. But given his lack of ability to standout on the line - I doubt he has embraced the beardage.
Baker is taking the Stewie approach. Stache' just above the upper lip. Says you've been nude on camera before, but who gives a damn. Just tan Baker being tan Baker.
-
Just also wanted to say thanks man. Succinct, good content is so hard to come by nowadays with the click bait BS of the world. Keep it comin.
-
Just also wanted to say thanks man. Succinct, good content is so hard to come by nowadays with the click bait BS of the world. Keep it comin.
Just also wanted to say thanks man. Succinct, good content is so hard to come by nowadays with the click bait BS of the world. Keep it comin.
Thanks for the kind words man. That's the type of content I believe in and what I'm going to pursue. I don't need/want bait headlines. Just honest assessments, thought out and educated opinions with insight that actually informs or challenges. I simply don't trust the reporting of Zagura, MCC, Grossi, etc etc. Too many details get overlooked.
I'm working on making it to camp Wednesday. If I can, I'll have more to share.
-
Just also wanted to say thanks man. Succinct, good content is so hard to come by nowadays with the click bait BS of the world. Keep it comin.
Thanks for the kind words man. That's the type of content I believe in and what I'm going to pursue. I don't need/want bait headlines. Just honest assessments, thought out and educated opinions with insight that actually informs or challenges. I simply don't trust the reporting of Zagura, MCC, Grossi, etc etc. Too many details get overlooked.
I'm working on making it to camp Wednesday. If I can, I'll have more to share.
Thanks for the kind words man. That's the type of content I believe in and what I'm going to pursue. I don't need/want bait headlines. Just honest assessments, thought out and educated opinions with insight that actually informs or challenges. I simply don't trust the reporting of Zagura, MCC, Grossi, etc etc. Too many details get overlooked.
I'm working on making it to camp Wednesday. If I can, I'll have more to share.
You may want to follow Jake Burns.
-
Thanks for the kind words man. That's the type of content I believe in and what I'm going to pursue. I don't need/want bait headlines. Just honest assessments, thought out and educated opinions with insight that actually informs or challenges. I simply don't trust the reporting of Zagura, MCC, Grossi, etc etc. Too many details get overlooked.
I'm working on making it to camp Wednesday. If I can, I'll have more to share.
You may want to follow Jake Burns.
-
as if I wasn't happy enough before that Johnny didn't work out....seeing Bakers mustache, I mean god dammit thank god we drafted him. If johhny had worked out here we'd never have been privileged to see that stache…..
-
I was hoping for some info about the competition for kr, but... that is probably tough to notice in training camps.
-
I was hoping for some info about the competition for kr, but... that is probably tough to notice in training camps.
-
There really wasn't any action fielding or returning kicks. Punts, yes. And when they were back there it wasn't ideal. I counted 2 fumbles.
I'd also be interested in the kicking battle if there's anything interesting. I have a bit of a vested interest as Greg is a friend of a friend. Gut feeling though is that Seibert makes the squad, seems unlikely to draft a kicker that high without planning to have him on the 53.
-
There really wasn't any action fielding or returning kicks. Punts, yes. And when they were back there it wasn't ideal. I counted 2 fumbles.
I'd also be interested in the kicking battle if there's anything interesting. I have a bit of a vested interest as Greg is a friend of a friend. Gut feeling though is that Seibert makes the squad, seems unlikely to draft a kicker that high without planning to have him on the 53.
I'd also be interested in the kicking battle if there's anything interesting. I have a bit of a vested interest as Greg is a friend of a friend. Gut feeling though is that Seibert makes the squad, seems unlikely to draft a kicker that high without planning to have him on the 53.
As Corbett has shown, being drafted by this FO doesn't mean playing. Especially when there is another player that beats you out rather clearly.
That said, I am looking forward to the kicking battle as well and I have faith Freddie and Co. will pick the right man.
-
Tia, thanks for the camp insights for the folks who can't make it up that way. It is greatly appreciated.
-
I'd also be interested in the kicking battle if there's anything interesting. I have a bit of a vested interest as Greg is a friend of a friend. Gut feeling though is that Seibert makes the squad, seems unlikely to draft a kicker that high without planning to have him on the 53.
As Corbett has shown, being drafted by this FO doesn't mean playing. Especially when there is another player that beats you out rather clearly.
That said, I am looking forward to the kicking battle as well and I have faith Freddie and Co. will pick the right man.
As Corbett has shown, being drafted by this FO doesn't mean playing. Especially when there is another player that beats you out rather clearly.
That said, I am looking forward to the kicking battle as well and I have faith Freddie and Co. will pick the right man.
Me too. Early reports (for what they are worth) said Seibert is less than 50% in kicks and Greg hasn't missed. I thought Greg got much stronger as the year went on too.
-
Tia, thanks for the camp insights for the folks who can't make it up that way. It is greatly appreciated.
Tia, thanks for the camp insights for the folks who can't make it up that way. It is greatly appreciated.
You know Tia luh da kids.
I'll have a bit more for you guys Wednesday night.
-
LMAO!!! Did you put them in touch with MKC?
Thanks for the OL feast.
USA Today article is out "gushing" about Robinson's improved "tech". Based on the two clips in the article I have to ask, "What 'tech'?" and "Who are these writers?"
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/27/greg-robinsons-technical-progress-evident-in-browns-camp/
- Kicks his left foot back at the snap, but does not no slide the right foot.
- Every move after that is a hop!
- Topside? Lotta grabbing... and not of the good, inside variety.
Garrett is either a chump or wasn't trying... my $$$ is on the latter. Any DE worth his salt catches a hopping OT in mid-air and plants him on his ass.
I feel like l watched both clips multiple times trying to see what you see, but not sure l do. I saw more of a gallop with his feet. Right left, right left, etc. In the first clip maybe l saw a point where both feet were in the air at the same time when Myles was pulling off spin move number two.
In clip 2 l saw him lose his base when his right foot went down near his left foot, but he regained it with a push off with the right hand to Myles’ gut and got his right foot back in place.
I’m not sure any of this equates to “better technique”, but l’ve always felt Robinson’s main bugaboo was a lack of tenacity.
I feel like l watched both clips multiple times trying to see what you see, but not sure l do. I saw more of a gallop with his feet. Right left, right left, etc. In the first clip maybe l saw a point where both feet were in the air at the same time when Myles was pulling off spin move number two.
In clip 2 l saw him lose his base when his right foot went down near his left foot, but he regained it with a push off with the right hand to Myles’ gut and got his right foot back in place.
I’m not sure any of this equates to “better technique”, but l’ve always felt Robinson’s main bugaboo was a lack of tenacity.
You nailed the one time Robinson hopped up into the air in clip one....

And yes, there is some shuffling when he has time, but there's as much foot-to-foot short-hopping as there is shuffling.
As for his bugaboo... to my mind it's his athleticism... he was such a specimen that he was able to dominate at every level through Div I and he never had to learn Tech.
-
I feel like l watched both clips multiple times trying to see what you see, but not sure l do. I saw more of a gallop with his feet. Right left, right left, etc. In the first clip maybe l saw a point where both feet were in the air at the same time when Myles was pulling off spin move number two.
In clip 2 l saw him lose his base when his right foot went down near his left foot, but he regained it with a push off with the right hand to Myles’ gut and got his right foot back in place.
I’m not sure any of this equates to “better technique”, but l’ve always felt Robinson’s main bugaboo was a lack of tenacity.
You nailed the one time Robinson hopped up into the air in clip one....

And yes, there is some shuffling when he has time, but there's as much foot-to-foot short-hopping as there is shuffling.
As for his bugaboo... to my mind it's his athleticism... he was such a specimen that he was able to dominate at every level through Div I and he never had to learn Tech.
You nailed the one time Robinson hopped up into the air in clip one....
And yes, there is some shuffling when he has time, but there's as much foot-to-foot short-hopping as there is shuffling.
As for his bugaboo... to my mind it's his athleticism... he was such a specimen that he was able to dominate at every level through Div I and he never had to learn Tech.
Oddly enough good ol’ Maserati driving former OL coach with his Powerpoint of Rhinos somehow resonates with me. Who knew that Animal Planet could translate to football?
My recollection is what it is, skewed at best, but something about undersized blitzers gets me re: Robinson. Like he’s tentative or something.
Like it’s the blitzing safety that he’s not comfortable with leveling instead of the DE, a guy more his size.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login