wtf? Ogunjobi lookin like an OLB'er....
-
I have to think that Wilks and the trainers know a hell of a lot more than I do, but that was my same thought when I saw that video yesterday, clev
-
I have to think that Wilks and the trainers know a hell of a lot more than I do, but that was my same thought when I saw that video yesterday, clev
I have to think that Wilks and the trainers know a hell of a lot more than I do, but that was my same thought when I saw that video yesterday, clev
Coaches are human and not beyond poor decisions re: personnel requirements.
Billy Winn was never the same after Pettine had him put on weight.
-
-
heres the same presser but cameras straight on.....he's def dropped a ton of weight
im really curious as to why our starting DT was made to drop this much weight. He looks lije he could be a hybrid DE/OLB'er now. When ur an interior guy u gotta have ass so u dont get blown off tge line. Smaller lighter guys can still create problems from tge interior but they take dmg when holding up at the point.
-

now thats an interior lineman....
-
I have to think that Wilks and the trainers know a hell of a lot more than I do, but that was my same thought when I saw that video yesterday, clev
Coaches are human and not beyond poor decisions re: personnel requirements.
Billy Winn was never the same after Pettine had him put on weight.
-

now thats an interior lineman....
now thats an interior lineman....
Was that last year?
-
now thats an interior lineman....
Was that last year?
Was that last year?
im not exactly sure but it sure doesnt look recent. The jobi in the presser video is easily going on 20lbs smaller than tgat. I mean jobi was never a massive 2 gapper...he was around 290+ Now he looks in the 270's, maybe less i dunno...id have to see his legs. But for sure those shoulders, neck, chest...all def smaller now
-
Can you say Aaron Donald
-
-
Why is this interesting?
Dude played 40 years ago.
When 258 lbs was fairly big.
EDIT: Bob Lilly was 6'6" and 260 lbs.
-
Why is this interesting?
Dude played 40 years ago.
When 258 lbs was fairly big.
EDIT: Bob Lilly was 6'6" and 260 lbs.
When 258 lbs was fairly big.
EDIT: Bob Lilly was 6'6" and 260 lbs.
I was thinking Alan Page as well - interior guy who was all over the place in the backfield
-
Was that last year?
im not exactly sure but it sure doesnt look recent. The jobi in the presser video is easily going on 20lbs smaller than tgat. I mean jobi was never a massive 2 gapper...he was around 290+ Now he looks in the 270's, maybe less i dunno...id have to see his legs. But for sure those shoulders, neck, chest...all def smaller now
im not exactly sure but it sure doesnt look recent. The jobi in the presser video is easily going on 20lbs smaller than tgat. I mean jobi was never a massive 2 gapper...he was around 290+ Now he looks in the 270's, maybe less i dunno...id have to see his legs. But for sure those shoulders, neck, chest...all def smaller now
your out of your mind here is an article from last year he was 300 lbs at 12% body fat. thats only 30 lbs of fat as a 300 lb man. he isnt getting much lower than 12% . hes 290-300 lbs. he would have to be at like 3% body fat to be in the 270s
-
im not exactly sure but it sure doesnt look recent. The jobi in the presser video is easily going on 20lbs smaller than tgat. I mean jobi was never a massive 2 gapper...he was around 290+ Now he looks in the 270's, maybe less i dunno...id have to see his legs. But for sure those shoulders, neck, chest...all def smaller now
your out of your mind here is an article from last year he was 300 lbs at 12% body fat. thats only 30 lbs of fat as a 300 lb man. he isnt getting much lower than 12% . hes 290-300 lbs. he would have to be at like 3% body fat to be in the 270s
your out of your mind here is an article from last year he was 300 lbs at 12% body fat. thats only 30 lbs of fat as a 300 lb man. he isnt getting much lower than 12% . hes 290-300 lbs. he would have to be at like 3% body fat to be in the 270s
and thats prob when that picture i posted was taken....i thought he was in the 290-295 range. In any case, he does not look anywhere near 300 nor 290. My point isnt ahout his bodyfat....its about muscle it appears he's lost. Bf wise he may have also dropped...look at his face in the presser...he's remarkably lean and if he wasnt playing DL id be fine.
-
interesting -

I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.
Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.
-
interesting -

I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.
Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.
I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.
Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.
That’s not the reason. He would be running over and around those 300 pounders today. He was bigger faster stronger than any running back playing today’s game
-
interesting -

I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.
Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.
I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.
Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.
then you miss the interesting point. of COURSE the size of players is different/larger on the lines. Bob Golic was drafted as a lb by the Patriots, who ended up cutting him. The Browns signed him and moved him to NT. They were both wrestlers - very athletic and tough/durable.
Bob Golic
Robert Perry Golic
Position: NT-DT-LB-DE
6-2, 264lb (188cm, 119kg)
Born: October 26, 1957 (Age: 61-277d) in Cleveland, OH
The FREAKING INTERESTING POINT is,
Ogunjobi :
also athletic:
https://cci.uncc.edu/news/2019-02-18/alumni-spotlight-larry-ogunjobi
"At 6’3” and more than 300lbs, with unusual quickness for a big man, Ogunjobi almost immediately established himself as a force on the football field "
Therefore - Ogunjobi is bigger, but also very athletic - quick feet and balance. He got a lot lighter, reformed his body shape, and is predicted.
"Ogunjobi could be a breakout star for the Browns on the defensive line — at least that’s a sentiment his teammate, All-Pro and defensive line buddy Myles Garrett believes."
*****************************************************
The point is NOT that the players in Golic's and Sherk's day were smaller, but that with the increase in average size of players, Ogunjobi is very, very quick, and is now far more powerful with all his weight room work....
Larry Ogunjobi voted most present in the weight room - 247Sports
Jul 1, 2019 - When several players were asked to vote for the player that spends the most time in the weight room, defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi received ...he may very well fulfill Myles Garrett's prediction. And all three were/are very intense players, very, very smart. Sherk and Golic were smart players. Ogunjobi is a smart player.
THAT IS WHAT IS INTERESTING.
I didn't think I had to explain it....
-
I can only imagine the shenanigans that is calfox on the Politics board, based on that "explanation".
-
ok this thread is over see below this was 4 weeks ago ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login