Skip to content

wtf? Ogunjobi lookin like an OLB'er....

Locked The Browns Board
80 19 2.4k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

  • If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @the-gipper said:

    If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

    As soon as the season gets going why not.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

    As soon as the season gets going why not.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @texasag1969 said:

    As soon as the season gets going why not.

    The season is going. First game is Thursday night. It may be preseason but it’s part of the season.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    As soon as the season gets going why not.

    The season is going. First game is Thursday night. It may be preseason but it’s part of the season.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @the-gipper said:

    The season is going. First game is Thursday night. It may be preseason but it’s part of the season.

    Unfortunately I can't see it until the replay on Friday afternoon on NFL Net.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ali couldnt hit mikes head movement. If tyson caught him and ali went rope a doping....tyson would chop through that guard. Other men ali faced hit as hard as mike but not in such quick succession...they had to load up their power unlike mike who could uncork multiple bombs nano seconds apart that had no dropoff in power. 

    Only way ali would win is if he lirerally turned his back and ran for 12 rounds. Mike in his prime was just something that was never seen before and not seen since in the HW division. 

    whsts freakish is that tyson never lifted weights in his prime..before his jail stint. Just 1000's of pushups, pullups and situps daily. 

    Ali was far more strategic than you give him credit for.  He knew the type of guys he could rope-a-dope vrs the type of guys he needed to stick and move against until fatigue and frustration set in.  The younger version of Ali especially had some really quick hands and feet that could enable any style necessary.  He also faced far better competition than Tyson did and nobody ever knocked him out.  Buster Douglas, not to be confused with George Foreman, got Tyson to a later round and knocked his asss out.  Douglas was a diluted version of Ernie Shavers that exposed what was possible vrs Tyson that a very weak pool of competition could rarely duplicate. Ali finished every single fight (even with a broken jaw).  He also got up after a knock down to win fights.  When Tyson fought, the competition sucked so bad guys like Michael Spinks and Evander Holyfield had to move up to the Heavyweight Class for bigger pay days. 

    Who on Tyson's resume of W's was at the level of George Foreman at the time?  Sonny Liston was a lot like Tyson until he fought Ali. So was George Foreman.  Ali's sparring partner was an eventual long-time Heavyweight Champion (Larry Holmes) who also capitalized on a weaker pool of heavy weight competition.

    I'm not saying Tyson wasn't fun to watch or he wasn't impressive for a while.   I'm just saying the level of competition in Tyson's era couldn't hold a candle to Ali's era. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @flugel said:

    Ali was far more strategic than you give him credit for.  He knew the type of guys he could rope-a-dope vrs the type of guys he needed to stick and move against until fatigue and frustration set in.  The younger version of Ali especially had some really quick hands and feet that could enable any style necessary.  He also faced far better competition than Tyson did and nobody ever knocked him out.  Buster Douglas, not to be confused with George Foreman, got Tyson to a later round and knocked his asss out.  Douglas was a diluted version of Ernie Shavers that exposed what was possible vrs Tyson that a very weak pool of competition could rarely duplicate. Ali finished every single fight (even with a broken jaw).  He also got up after a knock down to win fights.  When Tyson fought, the competition sucked so bad guys like Michael Spinks and Evander Holyfield had to move up to the Heavyweight Class for bigger pay days. 

    Who on Tyson's resume of W's was at the level of George Foreman at the time?  Sonny Liston was a lot like Tyson until he fought Ali. So was George Foreman.  Ali's sparring partner was an eventual long-time Heavyweight Champion (Larry Holmes) who also capitalized on a weaker pool of heavy weight competition.

    I'm not saying Tyson wasn't fun to watch or he wasn't impressive for a while.   I'm just saying the level of competition in Tyson's era couldn't hold a candle to Ali's era. 

    i said career wise Ali was the goat....no question. And yes competition in the HW division had slid when mike came on the scene. But when mike lost to buster he was already in party mode....wasnt tsking fights seriously while king was skimming away his winnings.

    But i dont think there can be any discussion that 19 or 20 yr old mike tyson was an animal Ali never saw. Like i said he faced big hitters, but hitters that had to wind their power....and for a skilled boxer lije Ali if u see the shot coming u can mitigate it. 

  • If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @the-gipper said:

    If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

    No.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If they remove soccer talk to the barbershop shouldn’t they do the same with boxing talk

    No.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @dutch-oven said:

    No.

    Then maybe you do not also believe that talk about Quidditch should be moved. Who did you favor in the last Quidditch World Cup Ireland or Bulgaria

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #71

    I think a nice addition to a thread would be "NTR (non topic related) chat" tag, so before checking it you would know that latter comments don't follow the OP. 

    I like these chats, but sometimes if you're not in the conversarion the title becomes misleading.

  • I think a nice addition to a thread would be "NTR (non topic related) chat" tag, so before checking it you would know that latter comments don't follow the OP. 

    I like these chats, but sometimes if you're not in the conversarion the title becomes misleading.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @nero said:

    I think a nice addition to a thread would be "NTR (non topic related) chat" tag, so before checking it you would know that latter comments don't follow the OP. 

    I like these chats, but sometimes if you're not in the conversarion the title becomes misleading.

    I think what is happening is that after Gipper posts some trivia thread that gets little to no reaction he starts pouting and pointing out what should be eliminated or moved in other threads. 

  • @nero said:

    I think a nice addition to a thread would be "NTR (non topic related) chat" tag, so before checking it you would know that latter comments don't follow the OP. 

    I like these chats, but sometimes if you're not in the conversarion the title becomes misleading.

    I think what is happening is that after Gipper posts some trivia thread that gets little to no reaction he starts pouting and pointing out what should be eliminated or moved in other threads. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #73

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think what is happening is that after Gipper posts some trivia thread that gets little to no reaction he starts pouting and pointing out what should be eliminated or moved in other threads. 

    No not at all you just making that up because obviously you’re pouting about something. I mention this because were holy off-topic With boxing BSjust as soccer Fagge talk is totally off topic. The question I guess I’m have to ask is do we no longer move anything that is wholly off topic   

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I think what is happening is that after Gipper posts some trivia thread that gets little to no reaction he starts pouting and pointing out what should be eliminated or moved in other threads. 

    No not at all you just making that up because obviously you’re pouting about something. I mention this because were holy off-topic With boxing BSjust as soccer Fagge talk is totally off topic. The question I guess I’m have to ask is do we no longer move anything that is wholly off topic   

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @the-gipper said:

    No not at all you just making that up because obviously you’re pouting about something. I mention this because were holy off-topic With boxing BSjust as soccer Fagge talk is totally off topic. The question I guess I’m have to ask is do we no longer move anything that is wholly off topic   

    The thing is that any given day, this thread can come back on topic with someone posting something about Ogunjobi, who hasn't got any other thread related to him (maybe McCoy/Daniels by position group?). 

    Threads get moved because they're initially non football related or because they deviate so fast that the topic has a little life in the football section.

    Also, mods don't get paid so I understand if they don't give a fuck about this thread being on point or not.

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
    #75

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157762028404684&id=87392379683

    Obi with the mic on so camera is following him around for this building the browns episode. (He has to use the restroom before practice.) Best thing I've seen of him with pads. Definitely looks to be trimmed up. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    No not at all you just making that up because obviously you’re pouting about something. I mention this because were holy off-topic With boxing BSjust as soccer Fagge talk is totally off topic. The question I guess I’m have to ask is do we no longer move anything that is wholly off topic   

    The thing is that any given day, this thread can come back on topic with someone posting something about Ogunjobi, who hasn't got any other thread related to him (maybe McCoy/Daniels by position group?). 

    Threads get moved because they're initially non football related or because they deviate so fast that the topic has a little life in the football section.

    Also, mods don't get paid so I understand if they don't give a fuck about this thread being on point or not.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @nero said:

    The thing is that any given day, this thread can come back on topic with someone posting something about Ogunjobi, who hasn't got any other thread related to him (maybe McCoy/Daniels by position group?). 

    Threads get moved because they're initially non football related or because they deviate so fast that the topic has a little life in the football section.

    Also, mods don't get paid so I understand if they don't give a fuck about this thread being on point or not.

    SureSure

  • https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157762028404684&id=87392379683

    Obi with the mic on so camera is following him around for this building the browns episode. (He has to use the restroom before practice.) Best thing I've seen of him with pads. Definitely looks to be trimmed up. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @bjh2130 said:

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157762028404684&id=87392379683

    Obi with the mic on so camera is following him around for this building the browns episode. (He has to use the restroom before practice.) Best thing I've seen of him with pads. Definitely looks to be trimmed up. 

    that video alleviates my concerns a bit. He still looks thick enough through the legs and ass. Curious as to why they had him drop upperbody mass tho. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157762028404684&id=87392379683

    Obi with the mic on so camera is following him around for this building the browns episode. (He has to use the restroom before practice.) Best thing I've seen of him with pads. Definitely looks to be trimmed up. 

    that video alleviates my concerns a bit. He still looks thick enough through the legs and ass. Curious as to why they had him drop upperbody mass tho. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @clevfan4life said:

    that video alleviates my concerns a bit. He still looks thick enough through the legs and ass. Curious as to why they had him drop upperbody mass tho. 

    So he can squeeze between fatass Olinemen of course.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Zombo said:

    If a football thread turns to boxing, what's the harm? Feel free to talk like men.

    Soccer gets moved because it is gay.

    Quiddich gets deleted because we don't have a child's forum.

    Zombo

    Lacrosse then? 

    Dungeons and Dragons?

    Disc golf? 

    Naked Yoga?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    Gladitorial Sports?

    300_prepare_for_glory.jpg