Skip to content

Parma ranked 2nd in Ohio for best place to retire

Barber Shop Talk
9 4 402
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #1
    70.-Parma.jpgCollege Rentals

    31. Ohio

    Rank: Runner Up
    City: Parma
    Population: 80,000
    Median Home Price: $118,000

    Cost of living 12% below national average. PROS: Good rank on Milken Institute list of best cities for successful aging, high number of doctors per capita. Good air quality. Low serious crime rate. No state estate/inheritance tax, no state income tax on Social Security earnings. CONS: Cold winters.

    No. 1 was Sandusky.

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I still buy and wear my Parma socks proudly

  • I still buy and wear my Parma socks proudly

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @fairhooker11 said:

    I still buy and wear my Parma socks proudly

    I am wearing mine right now

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #4

    My godparents and cousins lived in Parma across the street from I think it was the Pleasant Valley school spent summer visits there until they moved to California and then Florida to actually retire.

    Parma #2? Really? Well in some people's mind I guess.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Jealous??

  • Jealous??

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Jealous??

    Of California, Florida or Parma......no, none of them.

    My sister in law just got home from Florida and said that she would never go back again. Hot, expensive, congested no thanks!  

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Too hot for me.   Also too many bugs, gators, snakes, etc.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Jealous??

    Of California, Florida or Parma......no, none of them.

    My sister in law just got home from Florida and said that she would never go back again. Hot, expensive, congested no thanks!  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mjp28 said:

    Of California, Florida or Parma......no, none of them.

    My sister in law just got home from Florida and said that she would never go back again. Hot, expensive, congested no thanks!  

    Uhh, yea.  I have always told people I would prefer a winter in NE Ohio to a summer in Florida.  I mean...really, now, if I were to go the Fla. now,  it would have to be sometime between November and April.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Of California, Florida or Parma......no, none of them.

    My sister in law just got home from Florida and said that she would never go back again. Hot, expensive, congested no thanks!  

    Uhh, yea.  I have always told people I would prefer a winter in NE Ohio to a summer in Florida.  I mean...really, now, if I were to go the Fla. now,  it would have to be sometime between November and April.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    Uhh, yea.  I have always told people I would prefer a winter in NE Ohio to a summer in Florida.  I mean...really, now, if I were to go the Fla. now,  it would have to be sometime between November and April.

    Right from Thanksgiving weekend to the end of spring break if I'd even go.

    Spring break 1969, 70, 71......well that's another thing.   😉