46 Breakdown (Part One)
-
you can find a great breakdown of how the 46 works here at dawgsbynature.com, a site that's definitely worth checking out if you don't already know them.
the long and short of it is that the 46 is essentially just a one-gap 3-4 with the strong safety in the box, but there's also a fairly detailed breakdown of some basic play possibilities that the browns could use.
it's a far better read and tutorial than any credentialed writer from the mainstream media has put out and definitely worth your time.
-
Nice......thanks
-
Wow.. that was a really good read. I'm hoping our boy Ryan will be able to use some of the young talent we have and get it done on defense..
-
I love Dawgsbynature. Its a great site.
-
Thanks JD. Great read.
Nice to see this when discussing schemes/ formations:
Left Defensive Tackle/Nose Tackle:
The Left Defensive Tackle lines up directly over the Center.
Desired Skills: same as Left End, but bigger. Can sacrifice some mobility for strength/size. Probably at least 320lbs and strong.
NFL ideal: Shaun Rogers,
Probable Brown playing the position: Shaun Rogers
Wish we had a few more.

p.s. Everytime we (I) saw Pollymouthfull blitz or fake a blitz, he'd line up in that SS position of the 46. I hope Abe can fill the role (I think he can).
Cover 2: I imagine Robaire & Rogers will be swapping - I just cant see Robaire sliding out into the flats to cover an RB/FB. Rogers can (and has).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login