Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Redskins Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
142 33 4.8k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Holy shit did you see that!?!? Dude can fly......but PAT no good, oh well.

    AND INDIANS 6 twinks 2 bottom 7, Clevinger dealin'.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think I'm gonna enjoy seeing the entire game tomorrow on Direct TV replay. I never expect that many points or that many INTs in preseason.

    there have definitely been worse preseason games to watch

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @mld-woody said:

    there have definitely been worse preseason games to watch

    Like maybe 98.6% of them?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    Well the BROWNS won fairly easily 30-10.

    Indians up 6-2 going into the bottom of the 8th, Clevinger looked great last K in the 7th was 95 mph.

    But Cimber comes in and walks two, no outs....now 6-3 with 1 out and I'm going to finish watching it.......

  • Any chance of bad weather is gone. It’s gonna be a nice summer evening at the stadium. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #97

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Any chance of bad weather is gone. It’s gonna be a nice summer evening at the stadium. 

    Really nice perfect weather at the stadium.  

    @mjp28 said:

    BROWNS first team looks like they are ready for the Super Bowl.

    Meanwhile TRIBE 1 Twinkies 0 top 3 on a wild throw to first, Puig scores from 3rd.

    And Bernie looks way older than me!  😮

    Hey- keep that Tribe stuff to the baseball board, there's what-  150 games left in the season?  😁 

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think I'm gonna enjoy seeing the entire game tomorrow on Direct TV replay. I never expect that many points or that many INTs in preseason.

    To quote the departed Ghoolie- It was a total doopa kicking. Freddie puled the starters after one series each from the offense and defense. 🙁 Apparently Freddie had "seen enough". Could have been 50-0 by halftime. Had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter, the nephew had a big meeting at 7AM. Want to see that 85 yard return though.  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #98

    For your CLEVELAND BROWNS preseason LIVE and replay games on the NFL NETWORK:

    Screenshot_2019-08-08_233233.jpg

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Any chance of bad weather is gone. It’s gonna be a nice summer evening at the stadium. 

    Really nice perfect weather at the stadium.  

    @mjp28 said:

    BROWNS first team looks like they are ready for the Super Bowl.

    Meanwhile TRIBE 1 Twinkies 0 top 3 on a wild throw to first, Puig scores from 3rd.

    And Bernie looks way older than me!  😮

    Hey- keep that Tribe stuff to the baseball board, there's what-  150 games left in the season?  😁 

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think I'm gonna enjoy seeing the entire game tomorrow on Direct TV replay. I never expect that many points or that many INTs in preseason.

    To quote the departed Ghoolie- It was a total doopa kicking. Freddie puled the starters after one series each from the offense and defense. 🙁 Apparently Freddie had "seen enough". Could have been 50-0 by halftime. Had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter, the nephew had a big meeting at 7AM. Want to see that 85 yard return though.  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #99

    @hoorta said:

      Want to see that 85 yard return though.  

    i want to see the next gen stats on the mph Guiseppi got to..first 10 yards he shifted some gears 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Yes this is the BROWNS game thread -but- the TRIBE hung on and won 7-5! Only 1 GB!

    GO CLEVELAND 2-0 tonight!

  • Yes this is the BROWNS game thread -but- the TRIBE hung on and won 7-5! Only 1 GB!

    GO CLEVELAND 2-0 tonight!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes this is the BROWNS game thread -but- the TRIBE hung on and won 7-5! Only 1 GB!

    GO CLEVELAND 2-0 tonight!

    Whoop ti do. Yawn- I'd rather watch women's World Cup Soccer. The real baseball season (playoffs) is about 7 weeks away. Wake me up if the Tribe gets there. 

    At least the football fans didn't have to deal with excessive traffic from Progressive tonight. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes this is the BROWNS game thread -but- the TRIBE hung on and won 7-5! Only 1 GB!

    GO CLEVELAND 2-0 tonight!

    Whoop ti do. Yawn- I'd rather watch women's World Cup Soccer. The real baseball season (playoffs) is about 7 weeks away. Wake me up if the Tribe gets there. 

    At least the football fans didn't have to deal with excessive traffic from Progressive tonight. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Whoop ti do. Yawn- I'd rather watch women's World Cup Soccer. The real baseball season (playoffs) is about 7 weeks away. Wake me up if the Tribe gets there. 

    At least the football fans didn't have to deal with excessive traffic from Progressive tonight. 

    Hey only about 2 freakin' more months of this stuff and then it's the playoffs!  BEISBOL 24/7!  😆

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes this is the BROWNS game thread -but- the TRIBE hung on and won 7-5! Only 1 GB!

    GO CLEVELAND 2-0 tonight!

    Whoop ti do. Yawn- I'd rather watch women's World Cup Soccer. The real baseball season (playoffs) is about 7 weeks away. Wake me up if the Tribe gets there. 

    At least the football fans didn't have to deal with excessive traffic from Progressive tonight. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Whoop ti do. Yawn- I'd rather watch women's World Cup Soccer. The real baseball season (playoffs) is about 7 weeks away. Wake me up if the Tribe gets there. 

    At least the football fans didn't have to deal with excessive traffic from Progressive tonight. 

    The Pennant race starts at the first of August.

    But the only reason to watch women's World Cup soccer is for the jingoistic aspect of that endeavour.  Beyond that and the Olympics...I would never have any interest in a women's soccer match.....unless it was played in the nude.  Maybe then.

    But...back to football:

    Biggest issue going forward may be the OL run blocking.  Not a great night in that regard.  

    Browns sliced and diced Wash....and we didn't even have our top 2 WRs play. 

    I never saw Otto play live, but Baker gave me glimpses of Joe Montana nostalgia....he seems that kind of QB.

    We need a kick/punt returner.....could this Sheehy kid be the ticket?  

    Mack Wilson looks like he could become a stud.  Takitaki not far back. 

    Except for their FUBAR play that lead to the Skins TD, I thought Redwine and Greedy showed very well.

    Again, I thought that Kareem Hunt could play in the preseason....but did not see him at all...did we?  If he could play...why did he not play?

    Our D line may at some point need a Purple People Eater/Steel Curtain like nickname.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    Most impressive D stat?....Myles was the ONLY Browns DL starter to play tonight. It's only preseason, but I like our speed & hustle.

    Note to Joe & Kirko...Be very concerned.....I was interested in seeing our 2 young LBs & we may be hearing "Mack-A-Taki" sooner rather than later. These guys are fast & have a "chip"!

    Mike

  • Mack Wilson has just earned a starting spot. 2 INTs

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mack Wilson has just earned a starting spot. 2 INTs

    I love that kid! He just may turn into that dominant LB I have wanted for DECADES!

    Mike

  • @nero said:

    I think we should ignore these "Official" threads and just start chatting ourselves everytime he steps out of his cave and posts one of these. 

    How are you doing, Comeonman? Looking forward to the weekend? 

    No, unfortunately. Three 12 hour shifts coming up. You?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @comeonman said:

    No, unfortunately. Three 12 hour shifts coming up. You?

    Woah! Are you a doctor, a firefighter? Ive been working all week all week mornings and afternoons, I'll go on Saturday morning to a village south of Navarra to a friend's house to enjoy their local fest.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero

    I won't be able to watch the full game so I just watched the highlights. Nice drive by Baker and seeing offense, defense and special teams making plays was really nice. I don't mind not having our top 2 receivers, better keep them safe for regular season. Higgins can be one of the best WR3 in the league.

    I dont know if Mack will start but having competition in the LB corp is great. It looks that at least we have some good depth there now. 

    Sheehy (idk if I wrote it properly) is a nice cinderella story and everyone roots for him. His problem is that apart from a PR he is a receiver and we have plenty good ones. 

    Also, good thing about improving the roster is that these guys face each other in practice. If you have better receivers, secondary will improve and so on. There are a very few areas of concern in this team for me and I can't wait for regular season!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    ...any thoughts on moving #51 to WR?   (lol)

  • ...any thoughts on moving #51 to WR?   (lol)

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    ...any thoughts on moving #51 to WR?   (lol)

    Well, he was recruited to Bama initially for offense IIRC. 

    That sort of thing is paying off.

  • Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

    Me too. I miss having that slippery "waterbug" type returning kicks.

    What about our Special Teams? I feel much better this year than in the recent past thanks to ST Coach Mike Priefer & Staff. It was nice watching the game & not seeing flags on every return (except the initial one) but Baker & company took care of that.

    Mike

  • Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

    Watched the highlights on youtube this morning and when I saw that acceleration and speed I said to myself, "Now we have a real punt returner and I'd sure like to see him on KO returns too."

  • Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hoping Guiseppi makes it as our PR.  Great quickness and lateral burst.

    did you see if Phiefer has tried Sheehy as a gunner on ST/punt at camp? saw some hang time on punts & this hungry crazed Taz ain't scared of contact (waiting on all 22 to see who's out there)