Skip to content

Callaway suspended for substance abuse

The Browns Board
51 25 1.6k
  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #1

    No link, too recent, it's being reported on all sports shows. 4-game suspension. 

    And so it begins. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #2
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Just beat me. I got a link though, tee hee. Merge...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #4

    Welp, if it is good juice...that might explain the hammy.

    Edit: likely just weed.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #5

    not PEDs...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    it's tough to draft guys with weed etc problems.

    on the bright side:

    "Hello, Jaelen Strong !!! He was really impressive.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-wr-jaelen-strong-proving-his-worth-with-the-browns-after-acl-injury

  • not PEDs...

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @choco said:

    not PEDs...

    Same result. 

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I'm not surprised but he's a talented kid so let's hope he's smarter than Gordon!

    Mike

  • Welp, if it is good juice...that might explain the hammy.

    Edit: likely just weed.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tiamat63 said:

    Welp, if it is good juice...that might explain the hammy.

    Edit: likely just weed.

    As of right now, just as bad as results as PEDs. And now he's gonna be randomly tested for drugs the rest of his career, and he's shown he can't stay off the weed, so his career could be over. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Hollywood Higgins next man up. Not worried. This was from an incident last year apparently before the season, so I guess his appeals ran out and now theyu're suspending him. Not worried. Weed ain't shit either, im more worried about PED users

  • Hollywood Higgins next man up. Not worried. This was from an incident last year apparently before the season, so I guess his appeals ran out and now theyu're suspending him. Not worried. Weed ain't shit either, im more worried about PED users

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #11

    @clevfan4life said:

    Hollywood Higgins next man up.   Weed ain't shit either

    Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

    @icecube said:

    As of right now, just as bad as results as PEDs. And now he's gonna be randomly tested for drugs the rest of his career, and he's shown he can't stay off the weed, so his career could be over. 

    Depends on the next CBA, where weed will absolutely be addressed.

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #12

    They knew he was a character risk when they drafted him: He had 1-2 round skills taken in the 4th (and they moved up to get him) due to his prior history with hippie lettuce. 

    It was a gamble. I'm not liking how it feels at this point. $1,000 body, 10 cent head. 

  • Hollywood Higgins next man up. Not worried. This was from an incident last year apparently before the season, so I guess his appeals ran out and now theyu're suspending him. Not worried. Weed ain't shit either, im more worried about PED users

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @clevfan4life said:

    Hollywood Higgins next man up. Not worried. This was from an incident last year apparently before the season, so I guess his appeals ran out and now theyu're suspending him. Not worried. Weed ain't shit either, im more worried about PED users

    "Weed" may not be "shit" except that it gets you suspended from playing in the NFL. How stupid do you have to be? Throwing away millions just to toke. That takes a real idiot. After you retire with 10's of millions in the bank, get baked all you want. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Hollywood Higgins next man up.   Weed ain't shit either

    Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

    @icecube said:

    As of right now, just as bad as results as PEDs. And now he's gonna be randomly tested for drugs the rest of his career, and he's shown he can't stay off the weed, so his career could be over. 

    Depends on the next CBA, where weed will absolutely be addressed.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

    Depends on the next CBA where weed will absolutely be addressed.

    When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

    Depends on the next CBA where weed will absolutely be addressed.

    When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @icecube said:

    When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

    Well aware of that.  However to say Callaway's career could be over because of it is....  premature.      It's looking bleak though, I won't lie about that.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

    Depends on the next CBA where weed will absolutely be addressed.

    When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @icecube said:

    When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

    I don’t think they’ll be testing for it even after the next CBA no matter where the legal status is in various states around the country. 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #17

    With Beckham, Landry, Higgins he is battling for one of the last spots in the reciever room. With so many young players playing well I say package him with some picks and try and get trent William's. They need help at the position and I doubt they will get anything as good as a young promising receiver and a mid round pick

  • @icecube said:

    When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

    Well aware of that.  However to say Callaway's career could be over because of it is....  premature.      It's looking bleak though, I won't lie about that.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tiamat63 said:

    Well aware of that.  However to say Callaway's career could be over because of it is....  premature.      It's looking bleak though, I won't lie about that.

    Of course it's not technically over right now, just saying this means he will be tested randomly from now on (until the NFL stops testing for it) and his past is checkered with his inability to stop the hippie lettuce. Such a shame. And a waste. 

  • With Beckham, Landry, Higgins he is battling for one of the last spots in the reciever room. With so many young players playing well I say package him with some picks and try and get trent William's. They need help at the position and I doubt they will get anything as good as a young promising receiver and a mid round pick

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @louisville-slugger said:

    With Beckham, Landry, Higgins he is battling for one of the last spots in the reciever room. With so many young players playing well I say package him with some picks and try and get trent William's. They need help at the position and I doubt they will get anything as good as a young promising receiver and a mid round pick

    That would be a major coup, but I can't see Skins going for it, as far as Calloway goes. But Williams would be an incredible upgrade to OL. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Which should leave some to wonder how Joe Haden has gone all of these years without getting busted.. He smokes more pot than anybody...