Skip to content

Charles chucked, Gathers gathered

The Browns Board
30 14 752
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Can’t say l’m terribly surprised. Orson didn’t show great in the last game. Looked pretty ordinary. Not the head of steam ass chapper l thought l’d see.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #3

    If there ever was a position that demands no less and no more than the veteran minimum, backup TE.

  • If there ever was a position that demands no less and no more than the veteran minimum, backup TE.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @unsympathetic said:

    If there ever was a position that demands no less and no more than the veteran minimum, backup TE.

    What if you are an offense that can and will utilize two TEs regularly, like New England with Gronkowski and Hernandez? 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    If there ever was a position that demands no less and no more than the veteran minimum, backup TE.

    What if you are an offense that can and will utilize two TEs regularly, like New England with Gronkowski and Hernandez? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #5

    @dutch-oven said:

    What if you are an offense that can and will utilize two TEs regularly, like New England with Gronkowski and Hernandez? 

    I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What if you are an offense that can and will utilize two TEs regularly, like New England with Gronkowski and Hernandez? 

    I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

    Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    There is some evidence that says Kitchens likes 2 TE sets. Even in the last preseason game. There was one running play where they used Higgins as a blocker playing tight on the line. He did well too.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

    Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

    Honestly I was hoping the Browns picked up a TE in the last draft...

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #10

    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-rico-gathers-signs-with-cleveland/

    Are they trying to add more and more tokers? Is this part of the overall plan?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Ever since we heard Dorsey was forming a new Steve Miller Band it's been like this. ?

    I'm a joker, I'm a smoker
    I'm a midnight toker

    I get my lovin' on the run

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't. For a small fee I will sell my pee, it is clean just not free I will sell it to a G

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    Not everybody. But it currently is. That's for freaking sure.  

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #15

    If you’re in the program, you cannot even drink a beer. Let alone smoke weed. Just the way it is. 

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

  • @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #19

    here's another million dollar freak athlete with a 1 scent brain..These dudes know exactly when & when not, they can smoke the goncha.. Rico sat in a park with a women. burnt half a J, till the bicycle police popped him for 2 grams in his possession(less than half a J & told cops they just smoked 1st half).. Suspended 1st game & welcome to the piss list..no players, can't smoke weed till they bargain against it..they had a chance too..They signed up for No..

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

    Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

    Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law.

    But a federal law that is no longer enforced in the states on the linked map. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it.