Skip to content

Charles chucked, Gathers gathered

The Browns Board
30 14 752
  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

    Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

  • There is some evidence that says Kitchens likes 2 TE sets. Even in the last preseason game. There was one running play where they used Higgins as a blocker playing tight on the line. He did well too.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

    This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

    Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

    @the-gipper said:

    Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

    Honestly I was hoping the Browns picked up a TE in the last draft...

  • https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-rico-gathers-signs-with-cleveland/

    Are they trying to add more and more tokers? Is this part of the overall plan?

  • Ever since we heard Dorsey was forming a new Steve Miller Band it's been like this. ?

    I'm a joker, I'm a smoker
    I'm a midnight toker

    I get my lovin' on the run

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't. For a small fee I will sell my pee, it is clean just not free I will sell it to a G

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    Not everybody. But it currently is. That's for freaking sure.  

  • If you’re in the program, you cannot even drink a beer. Let alone smoke weed. Just the way it is. 

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

  • @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

  • here's another million dollar freak athlete with a 1 scent brain..These dudes know exactly when & when not, they can smoke the goncha.. Rico sat in a park with a women. burnt half a J, till the bicycle police popped him for 2 grams in his possession(less than half a J & told cops they just smoked 1st half).. Suspended 1st game & welcome to the piss list..no players, can't smoke weed till they bargain against it..they had a chance too..They signed up for No..

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

    Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

    Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law.

    But a federal law that is no longer enforced in the states on the linked map. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

  • Apart from the legality of pot I am not on board with players smoking pot because I don't see how it makes then any better athletes but is counterproductive to them performing at their highest level. I don't think with the money they make asking them to refrain from smoking pot during football season anyway is asking too much or requesting too big of a sacrifice. JMO.

  • Yea , what he said!!!!

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

  • @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

    @icecube said:

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

    You mean players who get caught.

  • @icecube said:

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

    You mean players who get caught.

    @alkid3 said:

    You mean players who get caught.

    No, the big difference is once clipped, you get tested randomly, making it much harder for chronic users to slip by. Rico is now on that program, where as before he just had to make sure he tested clean once a year, when he knew the test was coming. Just look at Gordon.