Skip to content

Charles chucked, Gathers gathered

The Browns Board
30 14 752
  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

  • @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #19

    here's another million dollar freak athlete with a 1 scent brain..These dudes know exactly when & when not, they can smoke the goncha.. Rico sat in a park with a women. burnt half a J, till the bicycle police popped him for 2 grams in his possession(less than half a J & told cops they just smoked 1st half).. Suspended 1st game & welcome to the piss list..no players, can't smoke weed till they bargain against it..they had a chance too..They signed up for No..

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

    Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

    Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

    Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law.

    But a federal law that is no longer enforced in the states on the linked map. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Apart from the legality of pot I am not on board with players smoking pot because I don't see how it makes then any better athletes but is counterproductive to them performing at their highest level. I don't think with the money they make asking them to refrain from smoking pot during football season anyway is asking too much or requesting too big of a sacrifice. JMO.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Yea , what he said!!!!

  • Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

  • @alkid3 said:

    Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

    A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @icecube said:

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

    You mean players who get caught.

  • @icecube said:

    That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

    You mean players who get caught.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @alkid3 said:

    You mean players who get caught.

    No, the big difference is once clipped, you get tested randomly, making it much harder for chronic users to slip by. Rico is now on that program, where as before he just had to make sure he tested clean once a year, when he knew the test was coming. Just look at Gordon. 

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Gordon wasn't only weed.

  • Gordon wasn't only weed.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @alkid3 said:

    Gordon wasn't only weed.

    Not only weed, but definitely weed was included in his hot mess.

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

    It's surprising with how badly the Gordon experiment went that the Browns are still adding players with similar backgrounds. 

  • @alkid3 said:

    Gordon wasn't only weed.

    Not only weed, but definitely weed was included in his hot mess.

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

    It's surprising with how badly the Gordon experiment went that the Browns are still adding players with similar backgrounds. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @icecube said:

    Not only weed, but definitely weed was included in his hot mess.

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

    It's surprising with how badly the Gordon experiment went that the Browns are still adding players with similar backgrounds. 

    I understand giving a guy a chance. I seriously doubt that this FO will let these guys have any more than that chance. They just hoping the bats call soon

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #30

    back to gathering - Building the Browns long play video - saw one I missed watching...

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-te-rico-gathers