The Scary Week of Practice
-
What is this I hear about Odell Beckham Jr. having a hip pointer is a result of having too much sex?
What is this I hear about Odell Beckham Jr. having a hip pointer is a result of having too much sex?
LOL, YOU should be so lucky.... If it was regular season, he'd be out there playing.
-
I don’t get why “scary”. This TC is different than the past few years when we had a head coach that didn’t feel that practice was necessary. And it showed in the record. One reason that CBS has us in the playoffs this year. Are they right? Hope so but I’ll believe it when I see it.
I could be mistaken, but I think the OP was saying scary because of potential injuries. At least, that's what I always worry about during both team practices and joint versions, LOL.
However, after looking at the practice updates from Thursday and listening to some podcasts, I think fans should be extremely excited. Multiple analysts made reference of the Browns setting the tone, not backing down, and looking like we belong against a team that made the playoffs last year AND won a game. Now of course the Colts aren’t playing Andrew Luck, but it was nice to hear that our guys appeared physical, hungry, and evenly matched in various matchups throughout practice.
We have to take this information with a grain of salt, but our radio and podcast people said we looked like the superior team and they made multiple references that we appeared to set the tone throughout the day. There were multiple skirmishes, including one bench-clearing incident, but I don’t believe anyone was hurt and cooler heads prevailed.
Some stand out performers included Jaelen Strong at WR, and this is a guy who didn’t play football last year due to an ACL injury, and he’s making an extremely….well…”strong” case to make the team. In fact, it sounds like he’s not only a lock to make the roster, he’s actually going to factor into our offense. Strong caught just about everything threw his way and I keep hearing his name routinely after practices.
Other standouts include Nick Chubb, who ripped off a 65 yard TD run after making one cut and smashing the gas. Everyone was celebrating the run and the offensive line was ecstatic. In the two minute drill, Baker connected to Landry multiple times, and I believe we finished this drive off with a TD, unlock Wednesday’s practice where we settled for 3. Kush remains entrenched as the RG starter, Beckham didn’t practice again, and Landry only participated sparingly.
Our defensive line starters have all been out there during both days, and I read they were “dominant”. This is terrific to hear, and I really wish our entire offense was out there so they could get some time together. Oh, Genard Avery is back full time and has looked impressive rushing the QB, and I also read that Kareem Hunt was impressive on Wednesday. Overall, I’m happy with the practices and I’m so relieved to read that we looked like the more physical team out there.
I could be mistaken, but I think the OP was saying scary because of potential injuries. At least, that's what I always worry about during both team practices and joint versions, LOL.
That's it, in a nutshell.
-
What is this I hear about Odell Beckham Jr. having a hip pointer is a result of having too much sex?
LOL, YOU should be so lucky.... If it was regular season, he'd be out there playing.
-
How do you know that I am not.
I mean, my arthritis, neuropathy, embolism, diabetes.....all the result of a lot of sex? (or lack thereof).
Yeah, I tried to convince my wife I had a prostate problem from underutilization. You guessed it. She didn't buy it and the surgeon reamed it out with a laser.?
-
Practice like a pussy, play like a pussy.
Practice like a pussy, play like a pussy.
The CBA almost forces them to practice soft.
-
a old high school friend sent me a link from the colts..my friend was a writer for the Indy star when Peyton was a Colt..Phil now covers Indy car racing for the Star..our official***gameday thread stalker has nothing on this guy.. https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preseason-preview-colts-browns-week-2
-
a old high school friend sent me a link from the colts..my friend was a writer for the Indy star when Peyton was a Colt..Phil now covers Indy car racing for the Star..our official***gameday thread stalker has nothing on this guy.. https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preseason-preview-colts-browns-week-2
a old high school friend sent me a link from the colts..my friend was a writer for the Indy star when Peyton was a Colt..Phil now covers Indy racing for the Star..our official***gameday thread stalker has nothing on this guy.. https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preseason-preview-colts-browns-week-2
Needed the local radio talking heads station before and after the game, WKNR seriously out of range..... But they may have done something there, upping their power output. Used to fade out before I got to Medina on the way back home, now I can usually get them as far as Columbus, and sometimes all the way to Dayton..... Some of the CIBB Tailgating a couple blocks from Lucas Oil. Great place to watch a game, but as usual going into enemy territory you have to deal with the occasional obnoxious Homer....
-
a old high school friend sent me a link from the colts..my friend was a writer for the Indy star when Peyton was a Colt..Phil now covers Indy racing for the Star..our official***gameday thread stalker has nothing on this guy.. https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preseason-preview-colts-browns-week-2
Needed the local radio talking heads station before and after the game, WKNR seriously out of range..... But they may have done something there, upping their power output. Used to fade out before I got to Medina on the way back home, now I can usually get them as far as Columbus, and sometimes all the way to Dayton..... Some of the CIBB Tailgating a couple blocks from Lucas Oil. Great place to watch a game, but as usual going into enemy territory you have to deal with the occasional obnoxious Homer....
-
-
I'll have plenty of Orange Curacao for the Tailgate. bringing some of the Great Lakes Joe Thomas specials, and a bottle of Kenwood Chardonnay. That should about do it.
send Zombo a bottle as he tries to open the Tavern before the weekend..?️ were still under re-construction & wheres the bouncer Marko ?
️ Fife been?
-
Practice like a pussy, play like a pussy.
The CBA almost forces them to practice soft.
The CBA almost forces them to practice soft.
It's funny, I kind of thought that too, but apparently our version of camp is no laughing matter. Obviously I can't speak for ALL Browns fans, but I know enough that desperately want a TOUGH, PHYSICAL team, and we simply haven't had that. Now, I get the feeling that toughness and physicality are what we're hanging our hat on, and that's what it'll take to beat the Ravens and Steelers. Newspapers like to report on the dangers of our passing attack, but the real power of our offense will likely come from the ground, especially after the weather turns.
-
a old high school friend sent me a link from the colts..my friend was a writer for the Indy star when Peyton was a Colt..Phil now covers Indy car racing for the Star..our official***gameday thread stalker has nothing on this guy.. https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preseason-preview-colts-browns-week-2
Phil now covers Indy car racing
That's my favorite brand of auto racing. I also enjoy IMSA (and the Corvette team).
Newspapers like to report on the dangers of our passing attack, but the real power of our offense will likely come from the ground, especially after the weather turns.
If your QB has a decently strong arm, then the weather doesn't keep you from kicking ass with the pass. The Patriots have set passing records in snow storms. The QB & the receiver know where they're going. The DB has to guess right. That said, you HAVE TO be able to run, half decent anyway, in ANY weather.
-
The CBA almost forces them to practice soft.
It's funny, I kind of thought that too, but apparently our version of camp is no laughing matter. Obviously I can't speak for ALL Browns fans, but I know enough that desperately want a TOUGH, PHYSICAL team, and we simply haven't had that. Now, I get the feeling that toughness and physicality are what we're hanging our hat on, and that's what it'll take to beat the Ravens and Steelers. Newspapers like to report on the dangers of our passing attack, but the real power of our offense will likely come from the ground, especially after the weather turns.
It's funny, I kind of thought that too, but apparently our version of camp is no laughing matter. Obviously I can't speak for ALL Browns fans, but I know enough that desperately want a TOUGH, PHYSICAL team, and we simply haven't had that. Now, I get the feeling that toughness and physicality are what we're hanging our hat on, and that's what it'll take to beat the Ravens and Steelers. Newspapers like to report on the dangers of our passing attack, but the real power of our offense will likely come from the ground, especially after the weather turns.
I hear you. If the Browns establish a rushing attack, the passing game will be lethal. If they can find a way to keep the rush going (Chubb stays healthy) until week 10, Hunt comes in, and look out. Most all good teams can get down and dirty with the run, even if they have potent passing. Pats just kept rushing in the Super Bowl run 2018. Elway won nothing until he had a running game (TD). Browns need to be tough. Got to.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
..Enjoy the Game