Skip to content

Redrafting the NFL

The Browns Board
23 8 1.0k
  • Here is an interesting  endeavour that I heard about on the radio:

    What if we were to re-draft the NFL right now?   So, what I would like to do here is to do simply that:

    Let's do a draft  of the current active players in the NFL.   Let's just do one round   1-32.  We will do it this way...  list picks 1-32...and take turns, no person doing more than 1 at a time. Only players active in the NFL this coming season.  Let's see who gets picked. I will fill in this initial post with whomever is take next.

    1.  Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

    2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs

    3. Aaron Donald,  Los Angeles Rams

    4. Khalil Mack,  Chicago Bears

    5 Saquon Barkley, RB NY Giants   Uhm...how did this get here?  no one made this pick to my knowledge and I did not edit this to include him...though I am fine with him being here.  Did a mod mess with this? LOL Hard to believe.

    6. DeAndre Hopkins  WR  Houston Texans

    7. Aaron Rodgers QB  Green Bay Packers

    8. Luke Keuchly,  LB  Carolina Panthers

    9.  Baker Mayfield,  QB  Browns

    10. Tom Brady  QB New England Patriots.

    11. Ezekial Elliot  RB  Dallas Cowboys

    12. Odell Beckham Jr. WR Browns

    13. Julio Jones WR  Falcons

    14

    15

    16

    17

    18

    19

    20

    21

    22

    23

    24

    25

    26

    27

    28

    29

    30

    31

    32

  • With the first pick in the NFL Current player Re-Draft,  the selection is:

    Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

    I just think he is on the verge of becoming the dominant defensive force in the league....and I believe the likes of BR/Jackson/Dalton and any QB we play is going to feel that dominance.

    Any of you feel free now to make the next choice.

  • With the first pick in the NFL Current player Re-Draft,  the selection is:

    Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

    I just think he is on the verge of becoming the dominant defensive force in the league....and I believe the likes of BR/Jackson/Dalton and any QB we play is going to feel that dominance.

    Any of you feel free now to make the next choice.

    @the-gipper said:

    With the first pick in the NFL Current player Re-Draft,  the selection is:

    Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

    I just think he is on the verge of becoming the dominant defensive force in the league....and I believe the likes of BR/Jackson/Dalton and any QB we play is going to feel that dominance.

    Any of you feel free now to make the next choice.

    How far back do you want to go?  Current or potential long term talent is the yardstick?  Who would I take for the Browns right now? Guys like Brady and Brees are certain HOFers, but are at the end of their careers. 

    Best players in the NFL right now? NFLN already answered that question.   http://www.nfl.com/network/top100  Or you want to build a team at best at a given position. 

  • #2 - Pat Mahomes, QB, KC

  • @the-gipper said:

    With the first pick in the NFL Current player Re-Draft,  the selection is:

    Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

    I just think he is on the verge of becoming the dominant defensive force in the league....and I believe the likes of BR/Jackson/Dalton and any QB we play is going to feel that dominance.

    Any of you feel free now to make the next choice.

    How far back do you want to go?  Current or potential long term talent is the yardstick?  Who would I take for the Browns right now? Guys like Brady and Brees are certain HOFers, but are at the end of their careers. 

    Best players in the NFL right now? NFLN already answered that question.   http://www.nfl.com/network/top100  Or you want to build a team at best at a given position. 

    @hoorta said:

    How far back do you want to go?  Current or potential long term talent is the yardstick?  Who would I take for the Browns right now? Guys like Brady and Brees are certain HOFers, but are at the end of their careers. 

    Best players in the NFL right now? NFLN already answered that question.   http://www.nfl.com/network/top100  Or you want to build a team at best at a given position. 

    It is up to you....you can use any measure you wish...be it based on past performance or future potential.  Just as long as they are currently active for the 2019 season. And it makes no mind what anyone else said...other than a potential reference for you when making your pick.  So, go ahead and pick based on whatever criteria you choose.  This is all just for fun.

  • Aaron Donald for sure. You start a defensive build around that monster. 

  • Sorry..... if I may...... #3 Aaron Donald, DT LA Rams 

  • With the 4th pick in the NFL ReDraft:

    Khalil Mack, Chicago Bears.       Another monster you build your defense around.

  • 6. DeAndre Hopkins. WR

  • With the 7th pick the selection is:

    Aaron Rodgers QB Green Bay Packers

  • I'm only going to draft Browns players, and my team would be the superbowl winner. lol

  • This draft should be focused on choosing the best unique players. 

    If I wanted to get a special player that can lead a defense... I would choose with #8:

    Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

  • This draft should be focused on choosing the best unique players. 

    If I wanted to get a special player that can lead a defense... I would choose with #8:

    Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

    @nero said:

    This draft should be focused on choosing the best unique players. 

    If I wanted to get a special player that can lead a defense... I would choose with #8:

    Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

    He's one more concussion away from the end of a career. Pass.

  • @nero said:

    This draft should be focused on choosing the best unique players. 

    If I wanted to get a special player that can lead a defense... I would choose with #8:

    Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

    He's one more concussion away from the end of a career. Pass.

    @texasag1969 said:

    He's one more concussion away from the end of a career. Pass.

    Yeah. Maybe I was driven by his career instead of his current status. But he still is a great defensive mind and nice leader as a veteran for a defense.

  • I'm only going to draft Browns players, and my team would be the superbowl winner. lol

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm only going to draft Browns players, and my team would be the superbowl winner. lol

    Are you?  Then where is your pick?

  • #9 - Baker Mayfield

    Young and talented, will be a presence for years and years to come. His longevity far outweighed the Tom Brady's and Drew Brees' of the world. Best QB in the NFL.  He Just Wins.

  • #9 - Baker Mayfield

    Young and talented, will be a presence for years and years to come. His longevity far outweighed the Tom Brady's and Drew Brees' of the world. Best QB in the NFL.  He Just Wins.

    @poeticg said:

    #9 - Baker Mayfield

    Young and talented, will be a presence for years and years to come. His longevity far outweighed the Tom Brady's and Drew Brees' of the world. Best QB in the NFL.  He Just Wins.

    I watched that other OU QB on ESPN last night. He was as unimpressive as he was as a freshman at Texas A&M before he transferred out when he lost the starting job to another NFL second stringer. I predict that college offense brought to the Cards will fail miserably.

  • With the #10 pick.....this guy can be avoided no longer.  I mean, most consider him the GOAT.  He IS the defending Super Bowl winning QB....and shows not much sign of diminishment....and at least for this coming year, he has be fit in here:

    Tom Brady  QB  New England Patriots

  • I guess I have to break my rule of not doing 2 in a row.

    The #11 pick in the league wide NFL draft is:

    Ezekial Elliott  RB  Dallas Cowboys      

    Of course, this is contingent on him actually playing.  He is the best RB in the league and the Cowboys go nowhere without him imo.

  • With the 12th pick in the All NFL Draft... The selection is DE Myles Garrett

    Really felt like taking OBJ but as far as generational talent, Garrett is an amazing player.