What 2 or 3 Players Would It Be Hardest To Cut
-
Two or 3 that would be hardest to cut? Well, how about Baker Mayfield, OBJ, Myles Garrett. I would have a hard time seeing those guys cut.
Oh...ah...errr.....you meant "bubble" guys?
Hmm.... How about Gilbert Grape, Seth DeValve, Corbett
-
I'm with you on Sheehy cal. From total obscurity to a pro football starter at KO and P returner. A great story like that just has to stay a part of Browns lore.
Devalve just can't stay healthy. If anyone else shows consistency there besides Njoku, I think he's a goner.
Ratley was showing real promise, but he's been hurt. Maybe PUP to protect him if he still can't go?
-
Too early to tell. Only see 1 game.
Sheehy-Guiseppe, is the feel good story....but can he run routes crisply, can he block at all for the running game? Can he consistently catch the ball in the return game? (he juggled the td return)
Corbett is NOT getting cut. imo
....gonna have to see a couple more games.
-
-
-
I'm sure the player's union would approve of that.
I think that if they give ya 53....then they should all be able to dress and play.
I talked about this with someone else. With the new concussion rules they really should bump up the roster numbers, even if it's just a few spots.
I wondered if they wouldn't do it because of the pensions they get. After 3 years in the league they have to pay out a pension. Would cost quite a bit.
-
I'm sure the player's union would approve of that.
I think that if they give ya 53....then they should all be able to dress and play.
I talked about this with someone else. With the new concussion rules they really should bump up the roster numbers, even if it's just a few spots.
I wondered if they wouldn't do it because of the pensions they get. After 3 years in the league they have to pay out a pension. Would cost quite a bit.
I talked about this with someone else. With the new concussion rules they really should bump up the roster numbers, even if it's just a few spots.
I wondered if they wouldn't do it because of the pensions they get. After 3 years in the league they have to pay out a pension. Would cost quite a bit.
Owners probably rake in enough in concession profits after one game to pay a three year guys pension for life....
-
It's going to he a hard decision on which WR to cut. With Callaway suspended, I would keep Beckham, Landry, Higgins, Strong, Montgomery, and use 4 games to see what we have in Sheehy.
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I know alot of people are still assuming that Stanton is the backup, but I would rather keep Blough on the roster than him at this point. I would keep 2 QBs and stash Blough on the P.S. We need to shop around for OLmen, a backup safety, and maybe a backup RB. That 3rd QB spot would hurt more than it would help.
-
It's going to he a hard decision on which WR to cut. With Callaway suspended, I would keep Beckham, Landry, Higgins, Strong, Montgomery, and use 4 games to see what we have in Sheehy.
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I know alot of people are still assuming that Stanton is the backup, but I would rather keep Blough on the roster than him at this point. I would keep 2 QBs and stash Blough on the P.S. We need to shop around for OLmen, a backup safety, and maybe a backup RB. That 3rd QB spot would hurt more than it would help.
It's going to he a hard decision on which WR to cut. With Callaway suspended, I would keep Beckham, Landry, Higgins, Strong, Montgomery, and use 4 games to see what we have in Sheehy.
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I know alot of people are still assuming that Stanton is the backup, but I would rather keep Blough on the roster than him at this point. I would keep 2 QBs and stash Blough on the P.S. We need to shop around for OLmen, a backup safety, and maybe a backup RB. That 3rd QB spot would hurt more than it would help.
Don't leave out the recovering Ratley. He was doing well this spring before the hamstring injury and Freddie is aware of that. Looks like he may now be well enough to get into the last two preseason games and daily practices. He knows the stakes.
-
I didn't forget about him we are just so deep at that position. Montgomery and Strong have all but solidified their roster spots in my eyes. I dont think Ratley is eligible for the P.S. is he?
The team rallies around Sheehy and if he proves to be a dynamic KR I would rather keep him than Ratley or Callaway. Maybe we could get a competent OLman in a trade for Callaway.
-
It's going to he a hard decision on which WR to cut. With Callaway suspended, I would keep Beckham, Landry, Higgins, Strong, Montgomery, and use 4 games to see what we have in Sheehy.
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I know alot of people are still assuming that Stanton is the backup, but I would rather keep Blough on the roster than him at this point. I would keep 2 QBs and stash Blough on the P.S. We need to shop around for OLmen, a backup safety, and maybe a backup RB. That 3rd QB spot would hurt more than it would help.
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I don't disagree, but Colquitt has been a top 7-8 punter in the league for a long time. He was exceptional last year getting them pinned deep too (32 punts inside the 20). We have a very strong squad this year, I take that steady player all day. The money is likely very inconsequential for the short-term. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gilliams ends up on the 53 for another squad, though.
-
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I don't disagree, but Colquitt has been a top 7-8 punter in the league for a long time. He was exceptional last year getting them pinned deep too (32 punts inside the 20). We have a very strong squad this year, I take that steady player all day. The money is likely very inconsequential for the short-term. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gilliams ends up on the 53 for another squad, though.
I don't disagree, but Colquitt has been a top 7-8 punter in the league for a long time. He was exceptional last year getting them pinned deep too (32 punts inside the 20). We have a very strong squad this year, I take that steady player all day. The money is likely very inconsequential for the short-term. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gilliams ends up on the 53 for another squad, though.
I would like to stash him on the P.S. but after that 74 yarder I think people took notice. We save nearly 3 million by going with the young guy too.
-
It's going to be a tough call between keeping Colquitt or Gilliam. I think Colquitt is a great, but Gilliams potential is through the roof. I would probably save the money and go with the rookie.
I don't disagree, but Colquitt has been a top 7-8 punter in the league for a long time. He was exceptional last year getting them pinned deep too (32 punts inside the 20). We have a very strong squad this year, I take that steady player all day. The money is likely very inconsequential for the short-term. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gilliams ends up on the 53 for another squad, though.
I don't disagree, but Colquitt has been a top 7-8 punter in the league for a long time. He was exceptional last year getting them pinned deep too (32 punts inside the 20). We have a very strong squad this year, I take that steady player all day. The money is likely very inconsequential for the short-term. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gilliams ends up on the 53 for another squad, though.
I agree. Can't cut or trade a player just because he's $2 million cheaper. People also forget that our punter holds for the FG kicker, and I don't really want someone with zero experience making our already volatile kicking game worse.
You know what's funny? There were tons of people going on about Gilligan's 74 yard punt (which was terrific), but Freddie Kitchens was not pleased at all. He said that it would have been a great kick if it was a distance competition, but coach said the punt wasn't any good because there was not enough hang time. That being said, Gillian is also tremendously fast and could be used as a trick play specialist.
I still don't know if we can cut Colquitt though. It really doesn't seem like a difficult decision.
-
I don't disagree, but Colquitt has been a top 7-8 punter in the league for a long time. He was exceptional last year getting them pinned deep too (32 punts inside the 20). We have a very strong squad this year, I take that steady player all day. The money is likely very inconsequential for the short-term. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gilliams ends up on the 53 for another squad, though.
I would like to stash him on the P.S. but after that 74 yarder I think people took notice. We save nearly 3 million by going with the young guy too.
I would like to stash him on the P.S. but after that 74 yarder I think people took notice. We save nearly 3 million by going with the young guy too.
Even so, the Browns aren't a cap-strapped team despite all our moves. We have about $33 million in free space and a lot of the "VIP" guys (Baker, Beckham, Garrett) are under contract a couple more years yet. I don't disagree though, good or bad booming a punt like that is going to get some peepers on the guy. I'd be pretty surprised if we went that route though.
-
Can't argue with keeping the better player, just sucks to watch a young promising player walk.
-
Can't argue with keeping the better player, just sucks to watch a young promising player walk.
Can't argue with keeping the better player, just sucks to watch a young promising player walk.
Unfortunately, we WILL see some promising young players walk because of the talent we have compiled. In past years it wasn't an issue as we had so little talent/depth.
Mike
-
Can't argue with keeping the better player, just sucks to watch a young promising player walk.
Unfortunately, we WILL see some promising young players walk because of the talent we have compiled. In past years it wasn't an issue as we had so little talent/depth.
Mike
Unfortunately, we WILL see some promising young players walk because of the talent we have compiled. In past years it wasn't an issue as we had so little talent/depth.
Mike
That's such a great point, and our cuts are definitely going to be getting tougher as our team acquires more talent throughout the roster. Honestly, the hardest to cut might be Sheehy. We know Callaway is out for 4 games and he won't count against our roster during that time, so it's entirely possible we'd keep somebody like Sheehy. Why? Well, we sucked at both punt returns AND kick returns last year, so much so that teams intentionally didn't want touchbacks and they kicked it TO our returners.
Also, there's a qualitative emotional factor that's impossible to measure regarding Sheehy, and it was evident by the gleeful celebration following the TD return. Furthermore, Sheehy has been called the hardest working person on the team, and think about that for a moment. His work ethic could literally boost other player's conditioning because they'll know he gets to work at 3am to train BEFORE the training. They'll see him staying late to run stairs after the long day is over. Sheehy is the kind of guy you want on your team, and I'd give him Callaway's roster spot until week 5, then put him on practice team.
-
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so those other teams don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
-
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so those other teams don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so they don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
-
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so they don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
I don't know about you, Bill, but my alarm clock is the constant ringing in my ears! Courtesy of never wearin' earplugs. ??
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login