Skip to content

Josh Gordon reinstated again

The Browns Board
35 22 864 1
  • @hoorta said:

    I wouldn't bet against him playing in all 16 games- now that he's on the Patriots.

    Larry, he was on the Patriots last year when football wasn't his priority once again.  It's like the knucklehead that watches the 1st Rocky movie countless times thinking if he just watches it in another theater that Rocky might finally win.  Do you know how much money I wasted? 

    They don't cure every tin man without a heart in NE, right Kenny Britt?   Kenny?

    The didn't even get uno out of Ochocinco.  They just got No-show Sinko'd.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @flugel said:

    Larry, he was on the Patriots last year when football wasn't his priority once again.  It's like the knucklehead that watches the 1st Rocky movie countless times thinking if he just watches it in another theater that Rocky might finally win.  Do you know how much money I wasted? 

    They don't cure every tin man without a heart in NE, right Kenny Britt?   Kenny?

    The didn't even get uno out of Ochocinco.  They just got No-show Sinko'd.

    Ocho Stinko is the most overrated WR I ever saw.. He was chickenshit.. And avoided going over the middle whenever he could.. He always came of as a loudmouth who in truth.. Is a soft man...

  • @hoorta said:

    Guy has more NFL lives than the proverbial nine of a cat. I agree with some of the conspiracy theories. I wouldn't bet against him playing in all 16 games- now that he's on the Patriots. 

    I'ts why people stop and slow down to gawk at a car wreck.

    Out of topic, but I think it is very curious... In Spain we say cats have seven! 

    About Gordon. Bets. When will we hear about him edging a suspension or having trouble with the Patriots? I say game 5.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @nero said:

    Out of topic, but I think it is very curious... In Spain we say cats have seven! 

    About Gordon. Bets. When will we hear about him edging a suspension or having trouble with the Patriots? I say game 5.

    Clearly our cats are better than your cats! 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    It's no secret that I've always been enamored with the physical gifts possessed by Gordon, and even though we tried over and over again to keep him on our active roster, it never worked out. Maybe it's because I work with people experiencing addiction problems, and I know how much damage drugs can cause, and perhaps I just simply love a good redemption story, but I know I'll always root for this guy to get his life together. 

    Has he been given a ton of chances? Of course. But here's the thing, and this matters...Josh has to pass a bunch of drug tests each month when he's reinstated into the league. He wouldn't BE reinstated if he hasn't been passing these tests and doing the work. Going to counseling, therapy, group sessions, and also maintaining a ridiculous level of physical performance is NOT easy people. This is a very sick man, and he's also dealing with child support issues, custody crap, and all the while trying to piece his life together. What he's trying to do is not easy, and I want people to understand that. To many, it might seem like "All he has to do is stop smoking pot", but it's so much more than that. 

    Josh let us down, and nobody knows that more than him. He's a greatly flawed man, but you know what? So am I. I'm still rooting for him and I probably always will. That being said, I totally understand why our fans are over this guy, and I really don't blame them. The good news for us is that we got a little bit of compensation, and now the Patriots fans get to check the news wire every day and pray they don't see a Gordon headline. 

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I kinda liked Oucho Sucko, we threw beer on him and food on him and yet he still shook our hands before games. I am not saying he was or wasn't overrated because imo he was just "Loud" But I never saw him as a bad person 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #22

    This is such bullshit. He fails a test in Cleveland , and you suspend him a year then does it in New England , and you just let him come back in. I don’t wanna hear pats fans complain the NFL is against them

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    The decision Gordon has to make should be an easy call. Does he want to stay clean for a few years, play to his best ability and rake in millions of dollars that should set him up nicely for the rest of his life or be broke and penniless a few years down the road? 

  • This is such bullshit. He fails a test in Cleveland , and you suspend him a year then does it in New England , and you just let him come back in. I don’t wanna hear pats fans complain the NFL is against them

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @nickers said:

    This is such bullshit. He fails a test in Cleveland , and you suspend him a year then does it in New England , and you just let him come back in. I don’t wanna hear pats fans complain the NFL is against them

    Absolutely....and on a time or two here in Cleveland he didn't even fail a test....he just checked himself in for help...and he gets 10 games to a year.  It clearly has the appearance of favoritism toward the Patriots.  Clearly.  But I say, again, that despite the Pats troubles of the field....Spygate, Deflategate. Handjob/blowjob gate....the Pats still get preferential treatment by the league because of Kraft's apparent standing among NFL owners.   And why Jimmy Haslam would not call the league on it?  I don't know.....either because he is a big pussy or because he is a newer owner in the league and is told to keep in his place

  • The decision Gordon has to make should be an easy call. Does he want to stay clean for a few years, play to his best ability and rake in millions of dollars that should set him up nicely for the rest of his life or be broke and penniless a few years down the road? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    The decision Gordon has to make should be an easy call. Does he want to stay clean for a few years, play to his best ability and rake in millions of dollars that should set him up nicely for the rest of his life or be broke and penniless a few years down the road? 

    He's answered that question many times already.  It's been Groundhog Day with him.

    He doesn't try very hard.......at anything......he's dumb as a stump.......I don't care how articulate he can be. 

  • @nickers said:

    This is such bullshit. He fails a test in Cleveland , and you suspend him a year then does it in New England , and you just let him come back in. I don’t wanna hear pats fans complain the NFL is against them

    Absolutely....and on a time or two here in Cleveland he didn't even fail a test....he just checked himself in for help...and he gets 10 games to a year.  It clearly has the appearance of favoritism toward the Patriots.  Clearly.  But I say, again, that despite the Pats troubles of the field....Spygate, Deflategate. Handjob/blowjob gate....the Pats still get preferential treatment by the league because of Kraft's apparent standing among NFL owners.   And why Jimmy Haslam would not call the league on it?  I don't know.....either because he is a big pussy or because he is a newer owner in the league and is told to keep in his place

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

     And why Jimmy Haslam would not call the league on it?  I don't know.....either because he is a big pussy or because he is a newer owner in the league and is told to keep in his place

    oh i agree jimmy.needs a "wtf" press conference dedicated specifically to this imbalance.

  • @nero said:

    Out of topic, but I think it is very curious... In Spain we say cats have seven! 

    About Gordon. Bets. When will we hear about him edging a suspension or having trouble with the Patriots? I say game 5.

    Clearly our cats are better than your cats! 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Clearly our cats are better than your cats! 

    Well they certainly are harder to kill.   😆

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I think he’s only there to give Kraft a happy ending

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I dont care what anyone says on here im pulling for him

    Hope he rebounds his career and does good, except when he plays us.

  • I think he’s only there to give Kraft a happy ending

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I think he’s only there to give Kraft a happy ending

    & Let Brady ride off into the sunset with another Super Bowl win?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I think he’s only there to give Kraft a happy ending

    & Let Brady ride off into the sunset with another Super Bowl win?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @hoorta said:

    & Let Brady ride off into the sunset with another Super Bowl win?

    No, I meant the rub n tug happy ending. He won’t win them squat. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    we should be a expert at this? but...Did we not have to wait for Gordon to get Re-instated before Roger could suspend him games? sorry, but am done googling this guy ?

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    The decision Gordon has to make should be an easy call. Does he want to stay clean for a few years, play to his best ability and rake in millions of dollars that should set him up nicely for the rest of his life or be broke and penniless a few years down the road? 

    He's answered that question many times already.  It's been Groundhog Day with him.

    He doesn't try very hard.......at anything......he's dumb as a stump.......I don't care how articulate he can be. 

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @orion said:

    .....he's dumb as a stump.......I don't care how articulate he can be. 

    Articulate?......hahahahaha

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I am done wasting time paying attention to this guy, until he can actually last a whole season without another "event" happening.

    If there is anyone left who "feels sorry" for him at this point, they need hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer. 

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #35

    69197757_152822309239087_5058742799126495232_n.jpg