Skip to content

***Browns @ Colts Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
165 29 4.7k 1
  • You have no idea

  •  "I love the level of commitment from the both of you."-Ibleedbrown

    Except the ref standing right over it saw it my way. Gips "testimony" does not hold up in referee court.  LOLOLOL??

    EDIT: BTW I've been living with a hard headed woman 50 years come this Valentine's Day. I can write a book on stubborn because a lot has rubbed off on me. Gip is my best competition on the football board. Cal holds the title on the polyboard. But I haven't raised a white flag yet,. Right cal?  LOLOLOL?️?

    @texasag1969 said:

     "I love the level of commitment from the both of you."-Ibleedbrown

    Except the ref standing right over it saw it my way. Gips "testimony" does not hold up in referee court.  LOLOLOL??

    EDIT: BTW I've been living with a hard headed woman 50 years come this Valentine's Day. I can write a book on stubborn because a lot has rubbed off on me. Gip is my best competition on the football board. Cal holds the title on the polyboard. But I haven't raised a white flag yet,. Right cal?  LOLOLOL?️?

    wait... I thought competition was supposed to bring out the BEST in people...eh.... LOL

  • Well if Redwine, and Whitehead don't workout. What about bringing in Dorsey's boy Eric Berry? 29yrs old.been thru alot but when healthy would be a great addition and leader.

  • Everyone knows that lawyers make the worst witnesses...

    As for the game and this thread...

    • I'm shocked no one commented on Greedy's unwillingness to tackle. Marlon Mack came his way early on and Williams dove for his ankles... head down no less. Mack barely broke stride on his way to a nice gain, however, a worm suffered a season ending injury. Mitchell looks like the better CB opposite Ward to me. He's simply more complete. I'd use Greedy as the nickle although not necessarily as the slot cover.
    • Our OTs are not PassPro pros... but they are road-graders and that just may be enough combined with Bake's quick decisions to work. Comments were made about Hubbard (mental errors leading to penalties), but it was a Robinson brain-fart of epic proportions that almost got Gilbert killed. Greg had outside help in the form of a RB chip and yet allowed himself to be beaten cleanly inside by one of Indy's young DEs. That's Erving level stuff just can't happen.
    • Higgins continues to impress me. Seems to "chemistry" with whomever is slingin' the rock.The kid has arrived. it would not shock me if he ended up leading our WR room in yardage in 2019.
    • Loved seeing a real FB in a Browns uni blowing up LBs and DBs in the hole again. Kerridge may be a luxury we can't afford in the 53. Hopefully he adds enough value to STs to stick.
    • Still reserving opinion on the D. This week's 3rd Preseason game should yield much better data.

    On Stanton... As I've posted before I believe Dorsey and company like him in the QB room with Baker... and Baker likes him there, too. That's enough to punch his ticket to the 53 even with Gilbert likely earning the #2 opening day. That doesn't mean that Stanton isn't the opening day backup, but... as I've also posted before... for a short-term stint as starter should Baker get nicked I can see Stanton. However, should Baker have to sit for any length on time I see Gilbert with his superior arm and legs getting the starts. If I am right then someone will dig up the old QB jersey....

  • Everyone knows that lawyers make the worst witnesses...

    As for the game and this thread...

    • I'm shocked no one commented on Greedy's unwillingness to tackle. Marlon Mack came his way early on and Williams dove for his ankles... head down no less. Mack barely broke stride on his way to a nice gain, however, a worm suffered a season ending injury. Mitchell looks like the better CB opposite Ward to me. He's simply more complete. I'd use Greedy as the nickle although not necessarily as the slot cover.
    • Our OTs are not PassPro pros... but they are road-graders and that just may be enough combined with Bake's quick decisions to work. Comments were made about Hubbard (mental errors leading to penalties), but it was a Robinson brain-fart of epic proportions that almost got Gilbert killed. Greg had outside help in the form of a RB chip and yet allowed himself to be beaten cleanly inside by one of Indy's young DEs. That's Erving level stuff just can't happen.
    • Higgins continues to impress me. Seems to "chemistry" with whomever is slingin' the rock.The kid has arrived. it would not shock me if he ended up leading our WR room in yardage in 2019.
    • Loved seeing a real FB in a Browns uni blowing up LBs and DBs in the hole again. Kerridge may be a luxury we can't afford in the 53. Hopefully he adds enough value to STs to stick.
    • Still reserving opinion on the D. This week's 3rd Preseason game should yield much better data.

    On Stanton... As I've posted before I believe Dorsey and company like him in the QB room with Baker... and Baker likes him there, too. That's enough to punch his ticket to the 53 even with Gilbert likely earning the #2 opening day. That doesn't mean that Stanton isn't the opening day backup, but... as I've also posted before... for a short-term stint as starter should Baker get nicked I can see Stanton. However, should Baker have to sit for any length on time I see Gilbert with his superior arm and legs getting the starts. If I am right then someone will dig up the old QB jersey....

    @tour2ma said:

    Everyone knows that lawyers make the worst witnesses...

    Possibly true....we are use to controlling the questioning.  But it is still a fact that that was a BS call.

    As for the game and this thread...

    • I'm shocked no one commented on Greedy's unwillingness to tackle. Marlon Mack came his way early on and Williams dove for his ankles... head down no less. Mack barely broke stride on his way to a nice gain, however, a worm suffered a season ending injury. Mitchell looks like the better CB opposite Ward to me. He's simply more complete. I'd use Greedy as the nickle although not necessarily as the slot cover.
    • But on other plays he made so hard, tough nosed tackles...which we were all told he was unwilling to do.  So, with him it is perhaps a 50/50 deal on tackling
    • Our OTs are not PassPro pros... but they are road-graders and that just may be enough combined with Bake's quick decisions to work. Comments were made about Hubbard (mental errors leading to penalties), but it was a Robinson brain-fart of epic proportions that almost got Gilbert killed. Greg had outside help in the form of a RB chip and yet allowed himself to be beaten cleanly inside by one of Indy's young DEs. That's Erving level stuff just can't happen.
    • Our OL may be our weak link this year, yes.
    • Higgins continues to impress me. Seems to "chemistry" with whomever is slingin' the rock.The kid has arrived. it would not shock me if he ended up leading our WR room in yardage in 2019.
    • Loved seeing a real FB in a Browns uni blowing up LBs and DBs in the hole again. Kerridge may be a luxury we can't afford in the 53. Hopefully he adds enough value to STs to stick.
    • Thanks for providing an opinion on him...where some refused to do so when requested.
    • Still reserving opinion on the D. This week's 3rd Preseason game should yield much better data.

    On Stanton... As I've posted before I believe Dorsey and company like him in the QB room with Baker... and Baker likes him there, too. That's enough to punch his ticket to the 53 even with Gilbert likely earning the #2 opening day. That doesn't mean that Stanton isn't the opening day backup, but... as I've also posted before... for a short-term stint as starter should Baker get nicked I can see Stanton. However, should Baker have to sit for any length on time I see Gilbert with his superior arm and legs getting the starts. If I am right then someone will dig up the old QB jersey....

    Well...this brings up, again, the whole stupid "inactive status" issue.  That should be abolished.  NFL teams have a 53 man roster. ALL of them should be available to play...and particularly 3 QBs.