Hue Jackson Interview: SI
-
-
I got through the first couple dozen paragraphs and the last few paragraphs and feel confident that l got the gist of what was in between. There was definitely an element of over the top with the article as others have pointed out. A quote from it...
”This all comes from the same place, from the soul of a coach who’s watching for the first time in an eternity as a season starts without him.”
You can’t just throw out “the soul of” whatever without a few eyes rolling at the melodrama. And sure, everyone gets it. Coaches are humans with feelings. Even at the end of the article it was still portraying this sad tragic figure, which is at best counterproductive to getting a coaching job. Who wants to hire a guy hell bent on feeling sorry for himself?
-
I got through the first couple dozen paragraphs and the last few paragraphs and feel confident that l got the gist of what was in between. There was definitely an element of over the top with the article as others have pointed out. A quote from it...
”This all comes from the same place, from the soul of a coach who’s watching for the first time in an eternity as a season starts without him.”
You can’t just throw out “the soul of” whatever without a few eyes rolling at the melodrama. And sure, everyone gets it. Coaches are humans with feelings. Even at the end of the article it was still portraying this sad tragic figure, which is at best counterproductive to getting a coaching job. Who wants to hire a guy hell bent on feeling sorry for himself?
I got through the first couple dozen paragraphs and the last few paragraphs and feel confident that l got the gist of what was in between. There was definitely an element of over the top with the article as others have pointed out. A quote from it...
”This all comes from the same place, from the soul of a coach who’s watching for the first time in an eternity as a season starts without him.”
You can’t just throw out “the soul of” whatever without a few eyes rolling at the melodrama. And sure, everyone gets it. Coaches are humans with feelings. Even at the end of the article it was still portraying this sad tragic figure, which is at best counterproductive to getting a coaching job. Who wants to hire a guy hell bent on feeling sorry for himself?
How much money is he getting paid to sit at home? I assume he is still being paid on a contract by Jimmy.

-
“I slept in each of my 3 guest bedrooms for days as I got paid while sleeping, endless miserable hours sitting by my pool and using my water slide...countless trips to the beach that just didn’t seem like before, the filet mignon at the gourmet steakhouse just didn’t taste the same...I wouldn’t wish any of this on my worst enemy”
-
He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.
He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority.
You know, like an asshole.
I don't feel anything at all for him.
-
He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.
He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority.
You know, like an asshole.
I don't feel anything at all for him.
He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.
He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority.
You know, like an asshole.
I don't feel anything at all for him.
Your screen name says it all..... ?
-
Hot tip: Defending Hue Jackson is really not a great look.
I have zero sympathy for narcissists.. because they don't reciprocate. Don't fall for the trap - you're better than Hue.
-
Funny thing is I was just going to credit nickers with a surprisingly empathetic take on Hue, but Unsympathetic made some seriously good points about Hue (and narcissists in general). Strangely I feel both guys are right, if that's possible.
-
He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.
He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority.
You know, like an asshole.
I don't feel anything at all for him.
He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.
He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority.
You know, like an asshole.
I don't feel anything at all for him.
Nailed it!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login