Skip to content

Andrew Luck

Locked The Browns Board
186 34 4.3k 2
  • The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    Some fans can be really obnoxious jerks.

  • The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    It's really shitty on them, but I think they are in the why wait until 2 weeks until the season starts. profootballtalk.com is reporting that the Colts knew about this possibility in March. The whole story will come out soon.

  • @orion said:

    yyyYeahhhhh buuut, this isn't without precedence.  Vikings RB Robert Smith quit to become a doctor, well prior to our present concussion era.

    A player who has 'enough' money...and was always wise with his money, can choose to get out while the gettin's good.  The guy's got enough money,   He claims that he's been in pain all the time, rehab, pain, another injury, pain, rehab, pain.....four years straight......I can't blame him.   But a lot of guys that don't make Andrew Luck money need to stay in the game for as long as they can...in pain or not.   

    Luck wasn't Lucky.  He wasn't one of the lucky ones who mostly avoided injury.  And he just plain got sick of being in pain.

    He'll have pain the rest of his life...

    @nickers said:

    He'll have pain the rest of his life...

    Probably, to some degree.  But hopefully his body will heal from his current injuries and he won't be in that kind of pain.  

    ...might I suggest golf.   (going to bed, 7:52am tee time )   🙂

  • The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

  • @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    Hey, we threw snowballs  at Santa Claus.

  • @orion said:

    yyyYeahhhhh buuut, this isn't without precedence.  Vikings RB Robert Smith quit to become a doctor, well prior to our present concussion era.

    A player who has 'enough' money...and was always wise with his money, can choose to get out while the gettin's good.  The guy's got enough money,   He claims that he's been in pain all the time, rehab, pain, another injury, pain, rehab, pain.....four years straight......I can't blame him.   But a lot of guys that don't make Andrew Luck money need to stay in the game for as long as they can...in pain or not.   

    Luck wasn't Lucky.  He wasn't one of the lucky ones who mostly avoided injury.  And he just plain got sick of being in pain.

    He'll have pain the rest of his life...

    @nickers said:

    He'll have pain the rest of his life...

    From What I "Gathered" He plans on going to the XFL. I am not sure if he plans on playing or just doing media type work but the word is that is his next stop 

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    Hey, we threw snowballs  at Santa Claus.

    @hoorta said:

    Hey, we threw snowballs  at Santa Claus.

    That was Philadelphia fans.

    We threw plastic beer bottles at refs. 

  • THIS is the reason I thought Kyler Murray made a mistake walking away from baseball. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    Thought that was Tim Couch? Most Browns fans thought Brady Quinn was going to be a NFL Super Star and thought D.A. was standing in his way, Anderson was only a tad bit better than Quinn, We won 10 games thanks to Anderson then he fell flat on his face the very next year. Not lets never bring up his name again 

  • The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    Definitely shitty and a terrible look for the fans...

    ... though I'm not so sure we wouldn't have some posters on here doing the same thing...

  • We have booed our own players, we have booed our entire team at times. 

  • Good for the Dolts. This isn’t about Luck but the way they got him. They intentionally tanked  a season to get him. Then they took care of him by giving him a lousy team and expecting him to carry them solo. Fuck em! They got what they deserve. Go Karma!

  • This sucks. It doesn't matter if you are a Colts fan or not, having elite players retiring way earlier than expected doesn't do any good to the NFL. 

    Luck was a quaterback who made up for the shitty rosters the Colts had for many years. Not only that, he also was the nicest guy and a Independence War veteran. Plus he has an Architecture degree 😉

    Thee Colts and the league will surely miss him. I wish him the best in his future endeavours.

  • This sucks. It doesn't matter if you are a Colts fan or not, having elite players retiring way earlier than expected doesn't do any good to the NFL. 

    Luck was a quaterback who made up for the shitty rosters the Colts had for many years. Not only that, he also was the nicest guy and a Independence War veteran. Plus he has an Architecture degree 😉

    Thee Colts and the league will surely miss him. I wish him the best in his future endeavours.

    @nero said:

    This sucks. It doesn't matter if you are a Colts fan or not, having elite players retiring way earlier than expected doesn't do any good to the NFL. 

    Luck was a quaterback who made up for the shitty rosters the Colts had for many years. Not only that, he also was the nicest guy and a Independence War veteran. Plus he has an Architecture degree 😉

    Thee Colts and the league will surely miss him. I wish him the best in his future endeavours.

    You could also say that Luck was a victim of those same shitty rosters. They took care of him like I take care of worn out sneakers. I don’t. 

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    Hey, we threw snowballs  at Santa Claus.

    @hoorta said:

    Hey, we threw snowballs  at Santa Claus.

    I was all in on that until I found out from my kids I was Santa Claus.?

  • Players leaving well before they have to isn’t some unprecedented thing, but I have no doubt this type of thing will happen more and more.

    hell, JT albeit a bit older could have easily come back for several more years but chose against it. It won’t shock me at all to see guys play through their 2nd contract and call it quits around 30. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

    Mike

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

    If it makes you feel any better some fans booed him when he was running onto the field too.

  • So do they win a game this season?  Sit the vets, lose every game and pick number one. Sounds like the irsay way. Sneak and cheat

  • Players leaving well before they have to isn’t some unprecedented thing, but I have no doubt this type of thing will happen more and more.

    hell, JT albeit a bit older could have easily come back for several more years but chose against it. It won’t shock me at all to see guys play through their 2nd contract and call it quits around 30. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    Players leaving well before they have to isn’t some unprecedented thing, but I have no doubt this type of thing will happen more and more.

    hell, JT albeit a bit older could have easily come back for several more years but chose against it. It won’t shock me at all to see guys play through their 2nd contract and call it quits around 30. 

    According to the NFLPA, the average career is 3.3 years.  

    Looks like he’ll be a full time caveman for geico now... lol

    07BA21D2-A394-4488-9BE5-D44D6E4CA47C.jpeg

  • So do they win a game this season?  Sit the vets, lose every game and pick number one. Sounds like the irsay way. Sneak and cheat

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    So do they win a game this season?  Sit the vets, lose every game and pick number one. Sounds like the irsay way. Sneak and cheat

    And yet ironically we had Hue who was able to lasso two number 1's in a row by only being completely incompetent. ?