The Corvette That Never Was
-
Most of the people driving corvettes are in their 60s and 70s. My neighbor across the street has a bright red one that he just stands in his garage every weekend and stares at it or something. I think he might drive it once a year.
Most of the people driving corvettes are in their 60s and 70s. My neighbor across the street has a bright red one that he just stands in his garage every weekend and stares at it or something. I think he might drive it once a year.
That is too funny, Guy that lives right up from me has 2 corvettes 1 is a stingray the other is kinda newer but never drives either of them, when he leaves the house he drives a 2002 Ford F150 that has seen better days, Once in a great while me mite pull them out of the garage but never leaves the drive way. I am not saying he should drive them everyday but why have it if you just want it to sit? Let alone 2 of them? Go out, have fun, geesh.
-
And not to be outdone, Ford came up with the Nuleon in 1957. Is this nulcear powered thing butt ugly or what? Or maybe they were just making fun of the 57 Chevy "rudders". LOL!?
And not to be outdone, Ford came up with the Nuleon in 1957. Is this nulcear powered thing butt ugly or what? Or maybe they were just making fun of the 57 Chevy "rudders". LOL!?

Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever?
-
And not to be outdone, Ford came up with the Nuleon in 1957. Is this nulcear powered thing butt ugly or what? Or maybe they were just making fun of the 57 Chevy "rudders". LOL!?

Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever?
Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever?
Totally a concept car and it really did not have a nuclear engine in it. They were anticipating miniaturization years down the road that might allow one. It was one of a kind.
-
Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever?
Totally a concept car and it really did not have a nuclear engine in it. They were anticipating miniaturization years down the road that might allow one. It was one of a kind.
Totally a concept car and it really did not have a nuclear engine in it. They were anticipating miniaturization years down the road that might allow one. It was one of a kind.
The 'Merican car companies don't have the cash anymore to do concept cars, too bad. Now it's electric and that kind of stuff.
-
That was 1 ugly ass car but I can see people wanting it just to show off, no matter how ugly it is somebody would want 1 to show off
-
All I know is that I cannot recall a corvette being in any famous movie chase scene.

French Connection
Here, a lot of Mustangs, no vettes
-
All I know is that I cannot recall a corvette being in any famous movie chase scene.

French Connection
Here, a lot of Mustangs, no vettes
All I know is that I cannot recall a corvette being in any famous movie chase scene.
Here, a lot of Mustangs, no vettes
I don't think you will ever see a fiberglass car in those kind of scenes.
-
The one that got a way (at least the driver disappears). Ignore the second chase tagged on - they never find the Vette driver who bailed late in the chase.
-
Or just buy yourself a little Subaru and track down Porches with it. LOL!
-
Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.
Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.
The T-Bird was right there.....before Ford fucked with it...then discontued it. Though, I would say that the Mustang is also basically a sport car...and American.

-
Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.
The T-Bird was right there.....before Ford fucked with it...then discontued it. Though, I would say that the Mustang is also basically a sport car...and American.

The T-Bird was right there.....before Ford fucked with it...then discontued it. Though, I would say that the Mustang is also basically a sport car...and American.
My first car a 1965 red Mustang 289 4 speed 4 bbl, very nice. I also had a 1969 red Mach 1 351 Windsor real nice and a 1969 Camaro 302 unreal car best I ever owned -but- I wouldn't put any of them in the 2 seater Chevrolet Corvette class.
-
My '66 Chevy Belair 4 door, maroon metallic, three on the column 250 six got better gas mileage, and I would never have taken your all's fancy cars to the Canadian Wilderness. lol

-
My '66 Chevy Belair 4 door, maroon metallic, three on the column 250 six got better gas mileage, and I would never have taken your all's fancy cars to the Canadian Wilderness. lol

My '66 Chevy Belair 4 door, maroon metallic, three on the column 250 six got better gas mileage, and I would never have taken your all's fancy cars to the Canadian Wilderness. lol

Was the Olds Cutlass the Olds version of that? sure looks a lot like my old granny's F-85. This one isn't hers which was a light gold in color, but this is what a '66 looked like.
-
Today Friday 8-30-2019 we were turning right on route 224 in Boardman and a really sharp red sports car was turning behind us in the left lane.
It was a brand now Chevrolet Corvette and it was really nice!! It pulled ahead of us and we followed it for a few miles.
If I was in the market for a new sports car I'd put an order in for one in a minute.

-
Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

-
Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

I can almost hear the dueling banjos music over it's radio. ?
-
Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

That's what you need to drive to the store now. Defensive driving!
-
This coming year Corvette is finally putting a mid-engine Corvette on sale for the first time ever after decades of it being just a concept car. It made me think of a Corvette way back in the day I had seen as a concept car that just might get produced some day. I kind of wish this one had been produced instead of the new 1963 Stingray. The 1963 Corvette Maco Shark.
This coming year Corvette is finally putting a mid-engine Corvette on sale for the first time ever after decades of it being just a concept car. It made me think of a Corvette way back in the day I had seen as a concept car that just might get produced some day. I kind of wish this one had been produced instead of the new 1963 Stingray. The 1963 Corvette Maco Shark.
What's nice about it is it has the LT2 engine and will probably have a huge aftermarket support like the LS engines which means you will see people ripping these things apart right from the factory and doing all kinds of crazy stuff to them like adding turbos. This car is already stupid fast in naturally aspirated form, wait till they come out with the z06 and zr1. Shit is going to be nuts.
-
Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
