Skip to content

The Corvette That Never Was

Barber Shop Talk
44 7 1.9k
  • And not to be outdone, Ford came up with the Nuleon in 1957.  Is this nulcear powered thing butt ugly or what? Or maybe they were just making fun of the 57 Chevy "rudders". LOL!?

     

    nucleon-1024x427.jpg

    @texasag1969 said:

    And not to be outdone, Ford came up with the Nuleon in 1957.  Is this nulcear powered thing butt ugly or what? Or maybe they were just making fun of the 57 Chevy "rudders". LOL!?

     

    nucleon-1024x427.jpg

    Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And not to be outdone, Ford came up with the Nuleon in 1957.  Is this nulcear powered thing butt ugly or what? Or maybe they were just making fun of the 57 Chevy "rudders". LOL!?

     

    nucleon-1024x427.jpg

    Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever? 

    @medicineman said:

    Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever? 

    Totally a concept car and it really did not have a nuclear engine in it. They were anticipating miniaturization years down the road that might allow one. It was one of a kind.

  • @medicineman said:

    Was this just a concept car? I don't ever recall this car ever? 

    Totally a concept car and it really did not have a nuclear engine in it. They were anticipating miniaturization years down the road that might allow one. It was one of a kind.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Totally a concept car and it really did not have a nuclear engine in it. They were anticipating miniaturization years down the road that might allow one. It was one of a kind.

    The  'Merican car companies don't have the cash anymore to do concept cars, too bad.  Now it's electric and that kind of stuff.

  • That  was 1 ugly ass car but I can see people wanting it just to show off, no matter how ugly it is somebody would want 1 to show off

  • All I know is that I cannot recall a corvette being in any famous movie chase scene. 

    hqdefault.jpg

    fc.jpg French Connection

    Here, a lot of Mustangs, no vettes

  • All I know is that I cannot recall a corvette being in any famous movie chase scene. 

    hqdefault.jpg

    fc.jpg French Connection

    Here, a lot of Mustangs, no vettes

    @the-gipper said:

    All I know is that I cannot recall a corvette being in any famous movie chase scene.

    Here, a lot of Mustangs, no vettes

    I don't think you will ever see a fiberglass car in those kind of scenes.

  • The one that got a way (at least the driver disappears). Ignore the second chase tagged on - they never find the Vette driver who bailed late in the chase.

  • Or just buy yourself a little Subaru and track down Porches with it.  LOL!

  • Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.

  • Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.

    @mjp28 said:

    Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.

    The T-Bird was right there.....before Ford fucked with it...then discontued it.   Though, I would say that the Mustang is also basically a sport car...and American.

    AA7W_1_201901042067467829.jpg

  • @mjp28 said:

    Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.

    The T-Bird was right there.....before Ford fucked with it...then discontued it.   Though, I would say that the Mustang is also basically a sport car...and American.

    AA7W_1_201901042067467829.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    The T-Bird was right there.....before Ford fucked with it...then discontued it.   Though, I would say that the Mustang is also basically a sport car...and American.

    My first car a 1965 red Mustang 289 4 speed 4 bbl, very nice. I also had a 1969 red Mach 1 351 Windsor real nice and a 1969 Camaro 302 unreal car best I ever owned  -but- I wouldn't put any of them in the 2 seater Chevrolet Corvette class.

  • My '66 Chevy Belair 4 door, maroon metallic, three on the column 250 six got better gas mileage, and I would never have taken your all's fancy cars to the Canadian Wilderness. lol1966-chevy-impalacaprice-is-currently-fi

  • My '66 Chevy Belair 4 door, maroon metallic, three on the column 250 six got better gas mileage, and I would never have taken your all's fancy cars to the Canadian Wilderness. lol1966-chevy-impalacaprice-is-currently-fi

    @calfoxwc said:

    My '66 Chevy Belair 4 door, maroon metallic, three on the column 250 six got better gas mileage, and I would never have taken your all's fancy cars to the Canadian Wilderness. lol1966-chevy-impalacaprice-is-currently-fi

    Was the Olds Cutlass the Olds version of that? sure looks a lot like my old granny's F-85. This one isn't hers which was a light gold in color, but this is what a '66 looked like.

    220px-1966_Oldsmobile_F-85_Deluxe_four-d
  • Today Friday 8-30-2019 we were turning right on route 224 in Boardman and a really sharp red sports car was turning behind us in the left lane.

    It was a brand now Chevrolet Corvette and it was really nice!!  It pulled ahead of us and we followed it for a few miles.

    If I was in the market for a new sports car I'd put an order in for one in a minute.  😉

  • Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

    3aa110e8061fe9b4fb2ee0f33718af85--redneck-trucks-mudding-trucks.jpg

  • Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

    3aa110e8061fe9b4fb2ee0f33718af85--redneck-trucks-mudding-trucks.jpg

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

    3aa110e8061fe9b4fb2ee0f33718af85--redneck-trucks-mudding-trucks.jpg

    I can almost hear the dueling banjos music over it's radio. ?

  • Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

    3aa110e8061fe9b4fb2ee0f33718af85--redneck-trucks-mudding-trucks.jpg

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Here's my weekend fun vehicle:

    3aa110e8061fe9b4fb2ee0f33718af85--redneck-trucks-mudding-trucks.jpg

    That's what you need to drive to the store now.  Defensive driving!  😆

  • This coming year Corvette is finally putting a mid-engine Corvette on sale for the first time ever after decades of it being just a concept car. It made me think of a Corvette way back in the day I had seen as a concept car that just might get produced some day. I kind of wish this one had been produced instead of the new 1963 Stingray. The 1963 Corvette Maco Shark.

    bill-mitchells-mako-sharks-the-most-infl

    @texasag1969 said:

    This coming year Corvette is finally putting a mid-engine Corvette on sale for the first time ever after decades of it being just a concept car. It made me think of a Corvette way back in the day I had seen as a concept car that just might get produced some day. I kind of wish this one had been produced instead of the new 1963 Stingray. The 1963 Corvette Maco Shark.

    bill-mitchells-mako-sharks-the-most-infl

    What's nice about it is it has the LT2 engine and will probably have a huge aftermarket support like the LS engines which means you will see people ripping these things apart right from the factory and doing all kinds of crazy stuff to them like adding turbos. This car is already stupid fast in naturally aspirated form, wait till they come out with the z06 and zr1. Shit is going to be nuts.

  • Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.

    @mjp28 said:

    Still the Chevrolet Corvette is the long running and only true American sports car......now going mid-engine starting at $59,999.

    The Grand National was destroying the corvettte in the 80"s that's why they stopped making the GN. Can't have their baby getting spanked by a turbo 6.

  • Still for the money (starting at $59,999) the C8 is hot if I was in the market for another sports car I'd buy it in a minute.

    Just for comparison I was 24/25 in 1977 when I bought my 1975 vette for $7900 from a woman owner it had about 10,000 miles on it and it was cherry!....right after that the "old vettes" prices went through the roof.  

    Just for comparison the 2020 new vette C8 starting at $59,999 are a steal.  My cherry 1975 with 10,000 miles on it was also a steal 33 years ago.  See both pictures below the 2020 and my vette, miss it ! The only other car I said that about was my 1969 Camaro Z-28 bought it from my next door neighbor for $1,800 used in 1971 also cherry with about 12,000 miles on it.

    Oh yeah..... 33 years and $52,099 difference in the price either one a steal.   😉

    1565794511391.png

    1975-corvette-1-owner-only-40124-actual-miles-true-survivor-4.jpg.ef282234858b02338809bb14c1c4de6f.jpg <---- my baby !