Skip to content

Cuts around the League

The Browns Board
61 23 2.0k 1
  • @orion said:

    Practically a 'cut'

    Cleveland traded QB David Blough to the Lions, with the two teams swapping 7ths in 2022, per source. But Lions add another QB.

    Good for David..He seemed like a good team guy..I did not think Blough would get to our PS without a claim with the look of some of these back-up QB's..We got something for nothing & the player really has a better chance to play there..Good Luck David!!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @gumby73 said:

    Good for David..He seemed like a good team guy..I did not think Blough would get to our PS without a claim with the look of some of these back-up QB's..We got something for nothing & the player really has a better chance to play there..Good Luck David!!

    Matt Stafford is wearing out his welcome... Honestly.. I think he blows...

  • @gumby73 said:

    Good for David..He seemed like a good team guy..I did not think Blough would get to our PS without a claim with the look of some of these back-up QB's..We got something for nothing & the player really has a better chance to play there..Good Luck David!!

    Matt Stafford is wearing out his welcome... Honestly.. I think he blows...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @nickers said:

    Matt Stafford is wearing out his welcome... Honestly.. I think he blows...

    Too be fair, other than Calvin Johnson, he has not had a lot of help.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #25

    TE- Luke Wilson

    RB- Donnel Pumphrey 

    DB- Corn Elder

  • @nickers said:

    Matt Stafford is wearing out his welcome... Honestly.. I think he blows...

    Too be fair, other than Calvin Johnson, he has not had a lot of help.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    Too be fair, other than Calvin Johnson, he has not had a lot of help.

    Even when he had help.. He was marginal at best...

  • @orion said:

    Practically a 'cut'

    Cleveland traded QB David Blough to the Lions, with the two teams swapping 7ths in 2022, per source. But Lions add another QB.

    So technically if the lions finish better than the browns in 2021 the browns give up a player and a pick for a worse pick. There has to be some sort of stipulation or the browns should have just cut him. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @bjh2130 said:

    So technically if the lions finish better than the browns in 2021 the browns give up a player and a pick for a worse pick. There has to be some sort of stipulation or the browns should have just cut him. 

    That's about what I said to Mrs. Wife.  We possibly could get the lesser pick AND gave up the player.  

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Orlando Scandrick was cut. The secondary seems fine tho 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Good for David..He seemed like a good team guy..I did not think Blough would get to our PS without a claim with the look of some of these back-up QB's..We got something for nothing & the player really has a better chance to play there..Good Luck David!!

    Matt Stafford is wearing out his welcome... Honestly.. I think he blows...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @nickers said:

    Matt Stafford is wearing out his welcome... Honestly.. I think he blows...

    Who blows worse, in back to back drafts? A) In 09,Stafford went 1st overall, signed for 6/41.7M. he's 31 with 4 yrs. left on 60.5M all up front at signing in 17..Confirmed Matt, also played with broken bone in back most of last season (ouch MF).. The draft next season, in 2010 the world was gifted with B.) Sam f'n Bradford who robbed a brink truck 6/78M with 58M up front..Blow-ford has earned 129M in career.... I don't know what the lions think they got left with Stafford? So the kid from Purdue has a good chance to play..Lions sure won't risk putting Blough to PS..

  • Tour, give Cleve his miss typing phone back😉.. The growing hot take of most fans* throughout the preseason was cheepers "our OL sucks!" So, were not the only fan base that thinks so..Really getting to a top 10 may end at finding 6 teams OL's that are above average.. So as of the moment, getting trade value for trading OL is the popular take. Before they just cut them..The Bills have been hit 3 times trading OL..Who's next? Come on Skins,Trent says he ain't show'in next week either  ? 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @gumby73 said:

    Tour, give Cleve his miss typing phone back😉.. The growing hot take of most fans* throughout the preseason was cheepers "our OL sucks!" So, were not the only fan base that thinks so..Really getting to a top 10 may end at finding 6 teams OL's that are above average.. So as of the moment, getting trade value for trading OL is the popular take. Before they just cut them..The Bills have been hit 3 times trading OL..Who's next? Come on Skins,Trent says he ain't show'in next week either  ? 

    I thinks the whole line/QB thing is so intertangled that we need to see all the starters play together. With Mayfield’s quick judge and release he makes the line look better. And with some time together, the line plays pretty good.  Competent coaching helps too

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Interesting that two QBs of note are on there. Ghoolie's Paxton Lynch by the Seahawks and Baby Huey's "trust me" Cody Kessler by the Eagles.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Zombo said:

    The only Browns QB Hue never rallied behind was Baker Mayfield ... Big Mistake.

    Z

    Actually he wanted no part of JFF returning to the team. Give some credit anyway.

    And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/8/30/20841451/browns-trade-qb-david-blough-to-lions-with-a-bit-of-a-cocky-trade-parameter

  • Zombo said:

    The only Browns QB Hue never rallied behind was Baker Mayfield ... Big Mistake.

    Z

    Actually he wanted no part of JFF returning to the team. Give some credit anyway.

    And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/8/30/20841451/browns-trade-qb-david-blough-to-lions-with-a-bit-of-a-cocky-trade-parameter

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @texasag1969 said:

    And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

    ....a couple of us pointed out that 'interesting take' earlier in the thread.   -  just sayin'

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

    + great 3rd down back

    + plays very well in snowy conditions 

    + still has starter level talent

    - character 

    - injury concerns

    - salary

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #35

    Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Any Cash left in Bank?

    Z

    FIFH..fixed it for Hoorta😉   

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

    + great 3rd down back

    + plays very well in snowy conditions 

    + still has starter level talent

    - character 

    - injury concerns

    - salary

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

    + great 3rd down back

    + plays very well in snowy conditions 

    + still has starter level talent

    - character 

    - injury concerns

    - salary

    AGE. Wear. 

  • I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @alkid3 said:

    I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

    Hilliard had a few nice runs last game. If he averaged 5.4 ypc in the regular season, would you take it? 

    Dontrell Hilliard 12 65  

    5.4

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Eli Harold is a linebacker I’d look hard at. 

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @jcam222 said:

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    NFL...not for long.  How long has he been at it?    RBs on average have a 3-5 year shelf life.  Past that, and it is often downhill.

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @jcam222 said:

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    I had him on my FFL team that last two years. Had to drop him at first chance last season. Just wasn't getting me any points. Picked up Henry and he made me money the second half of the season.