Skip to content

Cuts around the League

The Browns Board
61 23 2.0k 1
  • Tour, give Cleve his miss typing phone back😉.. The growing hot take of most fans* throughout the preseason was cheepers "our OL sucks!" So, were not the only fan base that thinks so..Really getting to a top 10 may end at finding 6 teams OL's that are above average.. So as of the moment, getting trade value for trading OL is the popular take. Before they just cut them..The Bills have been hit 3 times trading OL..Who's next? Come on Skins,Trent says he ain't show'in next week either  ? 

    @gumby73 said:

    Tour, give Cleve his miss typing phone back😉.. The growing hot take of most fans* throughout the preseason was cheepers "our OL sucks!" So, were not the only fan base that thinks so..Really getting to a top 10 may end at finding 6 teams OL's that are above average.. So as of the moment, getting trade value for trading OL is the popular take. Before they just cut them..The Bills have been hit 3 times trading OL..Who's next? Come on Skins,Trent says he ain't show'in next week either  ? 

    I thinks the whole line/QB thing is so intertangled that we need to see all the starters play together. With Mayfield’s quick judge and release he makes the line look better. And with some time together, the line plays pretty good.  Competent coaching helps too

  • Interesting that two QBs of note are on there. Ghoolie's Paxton Lynch by the Seahawks and Baby Huey's "trust me" Cody Kessler by the Eagles.

  • Zombo said:

    The only Browns QB Hue never rallied behind was Baker Mayfield ... Big Mistake.

    Z

    Actually he wanted no part of JFF returning to the team. Give some credit anyway.

    And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/8/30/20841451/browns-trade-qb-david-blough-to-lions-with-a-bit-of-a-cocky-trade-parameter

  • Zombo said:

    The only Browns QB Hue never rallied behind was Baker Mayfield ... Big Mistake.

    Z

    Actually he wanted no part of JFF returning to the team. Give some credit anyway.

    And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/8/30/20841451/browns-trade-qb-david-blough-to-lions-with-a-bit-of-a-cocky-trade-parameter

    @texasag1969 said:

    And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

    ....a couple of us pointed out that 'interesting take' earlier in the thread.   -  just sayin'

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

    + great 3rd down back

    + plays very well in snowy conditions 

    + still has starter level talent

    - character 

    - injury concerns

    - salary

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Any Cash left in Bank?

    Z

    FIFH..fixed it for Hoorta😉   

  • I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

    + great 3rd down back

    + plays very well in snowy conditions 

    + still has starter level talent

    - character 

    - injury concerns

    - salary

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

    + great 3rd down back

    + plays very well in snowy conditions 

    + still has starter level talent

    - character 

    - injury concerns

    - salary

    AGE. Wear. 

  • I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

    @alkid3 said:

    I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

    Hilliard had a few nice runs last game. If he averaged 5.4 ypc in the regular season, would you take it? 

    Dontrell Hilliard 12 65  

    5.4

  • Eli Harold is a linebacker I’d look hard at. 

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    @jcam222 said:

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    NFL...not for long.  How long has he been at it?    RBs on average have a 3-5 year shelf life.  Past that, and it is often downhill.

  • Zombo said:

    Shady McCoy released by Bills.

    Gas in tank?

    Z

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    @jcam222 said:

    Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

    I had him on my FFL team that last two years. Had to drop him at first chance last season. Just wasn't getting me any points. Picked up Henry and he made me money the second half of the season.

  • @alkid3 said:

    I'd feel better about our running game with him on the team. Hillard and Johnson are trash. 

    Hilliard had a few nice runs last game. If he averaged 5.4 ypc in the regular season, would you take it? 

    Dontrell Hilliard 12 65  

    5.4

    @icecube said:

    Hilliard had a few nice runs last game. If he averaged 5.4 ypc in the regular season, would you take it? 

    Dontrell Hilliard 12 65  

    5.4

    If you are saying do I rather have Duke back then yes I rather have Duke back. Lol who is averaging that much. Lol

  • There's a couple options for line help but they are older. 

    Austin Pastzor- a retread but could compete for the RT spot and kick Hubbard to RG.

    Stephen Winewski- older but has performed well when given a chance. Has C/G versatility 

  • Another ex-Browns QB gets the heave-ho.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045896/article/packers-jettison-rodgers-backup-deshone-kizer

    The Hoorta isn't all world in the drafting department, but I know a bum when I see one....   I almost barfed when JB announced the pick...  

  • The Eagles cut two young RB’s that both had multiple touchdowns with over 500 yards last year. In fact, Adams was their leading rusher.

  • Another ex-Browns QB gets the heave-ho.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045896/article/packers-jettison-rodgers-backup-deshone-kizer

    The Hoorta isn't all world in the drafting department, but I know a bum when I see one....   I almost barfed when JB announced the pick...  

    @hoorta said:

    Another ex-Browns QB gets the heave-ho.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045896/article/packers-jettison-rodgers-backup-deshone-kizer

    The Hoorta isn't all world in the drafting department, but I know a bum when I see one....   I almost barfed when JB announced the pick...  

    I knew he wasn't a leader of men during his preseason here in 17.. He's complete and utter garbage.. He should get into rap.. its prolly all he could do...

  • @hoorta said:

    Another ex-Browns QB gets the heave-ho.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045896/article/packers-jettison-rodgers-backup-deshone-kizer

    The Hoorta isn't all world in the drafting department, but I know a bum when I see one....   I almost barfed when JB announced the pick...  

    I knew he wasn't a leader of men during his preseason here in 17.. He's complete and utter garbage.. He should get into rap.. its prolly all he could do...

    @nickers said:

    I knew he wasn't a leader of men during his preseason here in 17.. He's complete and utter garbage.. He should get into rap.. its prolly all he could do...

    It was way before that with me Nickers- all you had to do was scout a couple Notre Dame games, and it was obvious the guy (Kizer) sucked. I can't freaking believe we were actually paying guys money who could be so utterly wrong on talent evaluation....  His inaccuracy was glaringly obvious at the collegiate level, and it sure didn't improve a whit in the NFL. 

    OTOH, where Deshone sucked, Baker shined- Mayfield was deadly accurate at Oklahoma.  Why I had him as one of the top two QBs in that draft. Will be interesting to see if him or Darnold have the better career.  🙂  

  • @nickers said:

    I knew he wasn't a leader of men during his preseason here in 17.. He's complete and utter garbage.. He should get into rap.. its prolly all he could do...

    It was way before that with me Nickers- all you had to do was scout a couple Notre Dame games, and it was obvious the guy (Kizer) sucked. I can't freaking believe we were actually paying guys money who could be so utterly wrong on talent evaluation....  His inaccuracy was glaringly obvious at the collegiate level, and it sure didn't improve a whit in the NFL. 

    OTOH, where Deshone sucked, Baker shined- Mayfield was deadly accurate at Oklahoma.  Why I had him as one of the top two QBs in that draft. Will be interesting to see if him or Darnold have the better career.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    It was way before that with me Nickers- all you had to do was scout a couple Notre Dame games, and it was obvious the guy (Kizer) sucked. I can't freaking believe we were actually paying guys money who could be so utterly wrong on talent evaluation....  His inaccuracy was glaringly obvious at the collegiate level, and it sure didn't improve a whit in the NFL. 

    OTOH, where Deshone sucked, Baker shined- Mayfield was deadly accurate at Oklahoma.  Why I had him as one of the top two QBs in that draft. Will be interesting to see if him or Darnold have the better career.  🙂  

    I'll put my money on Baker.. His arm is real live... But he also has the football IQ to back it up!