Skip to content

Taywan Taylor

The Browns Board
42 12 1.2k
  • Have no idea if he would even be remotely available but I really like what that kid Chris Godwin from TB has shown the two times I’ve seen him play against us. 

    Wishful thinking. 

    @alporcini said:

    Have no idea if he would even be remotely available but I really like what that kid Chris Godwin from TB has shown the two times I’ve seen him play against us. 

    Wishful thinking. 

    I really liked him coming into the Draft, and was hoping the Browns drafted him. I totally agree. 

  • Have no idea if he would even be remotely available but I really like what that kid Chris Godwin from TB has shown the two times I’ve seen him play against us. 

    Wishful thinking. 

    @alporcini said:

    Have no idea if he would even be remotely available but I really like what that kid Chris Godwin from TB has shown the two times I’ve seen him play against us. 

    Wishful thinking. 

    If we're targeting players we can't get why settle for Godwin let's get luke kuechly Aaron Donald Derwin James or Jamal Adams 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Browns trade for titans receiver.  All that is known is it is 2020 pick in exchange for him.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1167886811139436550?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-6262445102660469571.ampproject.net%2F1908231648370%2Fframe.html

    Edit still don't know what round the pick given up was but it is suspected a 5th or later.  Regardless bad news for one of ratley or braxton if not bad news for both. 

    Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.?

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

  • Given their usage on ST, 5 WR seems like not enough to account for injuries.. I'd bet one of the OL gets the boot when Callaway returns.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.?

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.?

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    Gips, the key word in that post is "yet".  Not worth arguing about.  You might be right about Dorsey's loyalty to draft picks; but Dorsey also brings in the guys he has to cut as well.  Meaning?   He's gonna get credit either way for what we put on the field.  For example, The Scottish Hammer. Dorsey just cut a veteran punter he paid a rat load of cake to. That may not have been a draft pick but the Scottish Hammer was undrafted. Somebody is going to get a lot of credit for FINDING a guy that not only does his job well but he also tackles people extremely well. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

    ? God bless ya!   We got A&M beating out Ohio State for that last WR spot.   Just when it couldn't get any more interesting, Mr Me-Aggie is here to remind us College Station still has a 12th Man with a GPS designed by the same people that set up Gipper's text message.  Stay tuned?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Braxton is cut but after my call to Dorsey that he could piss off Gipper by retaining Aggie Ratley, he got to stay.?

    Yeah I did not have ratley above willies.

    @bjh2130 said:

    Yeah I did not have ratley above willies.

    I didn't either.  That's why I'm stranded in Corporate America feeling like I'm in an extended lost episode of Gilligan's Island.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

    Don't believe he is practice squad eligible as he played in 13 games last year. 

    The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s).

    An accrued season is a season during which a player has been on a team's roster for six or more regular season games

    Edit for all who had Willies above ratley like me. I just noticed Willies is practice squad eligible as he appeared in only 5 games last year so maybe that is why they waived him and not ratley. Neither one is going to be a important cog this year but they would  like to see both developmental growth and if willies clear waivers (likely) then the best way to achieve that without taking up two active roster spots is to waive him and sign him to practice squad.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

    Don't believe he is practice squad eligible as he played in 13 games last year. 

    The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s).

    An accrued season is a season during which a player has been on a team's roster for six or more regular season games

    Edit for all who had Willies above ratley like me. I just noticed Willies is practice squad eligible as he appeared in only 5 games last year so maybe that is why they waived him and not ratley. Neither one is going to be a important cog this year but they would  like to see both developmental growth and if willies clear waivers (likely) then the best way to achieve that without taking up two active roster spots is to waive him and sign him to practice squad.

    @bjh2130 said:

    Edit for all who had Willies above ratley like me. I just noticed Willies is practice squad eligible as he appeared in only 5 games last year so maybe that is why they waived him and not ratley. Neither one is going to be a important cog this year but they would  like to see both developmental growth and if willies clear waivers (likely) then the best way to achieve that without taking up two active roster spots is to waive him and sign him to practice squad.

    Thanks for the update!    Good news for all!    We can get the Willies from either guy until they get consistent enough at catching the ball for game reps.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why, I don't care.  Keep the best players.  The thing is....Ratley has done nothing yet.....but Dorsey IS loyal to his own draft picks.   He could be gone after 4 games when Callaway comes back.

    Gips, the key word in that post is "yet".  Not worth arguing about.  You might be right about Dorsey's loyalty to draft picks; but Dorsey also brings in the guys he has to cut as well.  Meaning?   He's gonna get credit either way for what we put on the field.  For example, The Scottish Hammer. Dorsey just cut a veteran punter he paid a rat load of cake to. That may not have been a draft pick but the Scottish Hammer was undrafted. Somebody is going to get a lot of credit for FINDING a guy that not only does his job well but he also tackles people extremely well. 

    @flugel said:

    Gips, the key word in that post is "yet".  Not worth arguing about.  You might be right about Dorsey's loyalty to draft picks; but Dorsey also brings in the guys he has to cut as well.  Meaning?   He's gonna get credit either way for what we put on the field.  For example, The Scottish Hammer. Dorsey just cut a veteran punter he paid a rat load of cake to. That may not have been a draft pick but the Scottish Hammer was undrafted. Somebody is going to get a lot of credit for FINDING a guy that not only does his job well but he also tackles people extremely well. 

    I agree....the key word being "yet".  

    A lot of conversation over a guy that has done nothing...yet.    Maybe we can pick it up when the "yet"  is no longer a factor.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Nope. They will retain 6 and drop whomever they decide from the extra OLs they signed to sort out RG. Our offense is designed to throw a lot and wear out DBs. But first we have to fix the RG position to protect Baker so he has time to find those guys. Now you could argue whether or not Ratley is the one who gets retained among those 6 and depending upon how the season goes with him, you might make a good argument for PS at some point. But since neither of us was there to watch daily practices at camps, we're not in position to know why he was retained and Willies/Strong cut.

    ? God bless ya!   We got A&M beating out Ohio State for that last WR spot.   Just when it couldn't get any more interesting, Mr Me-Aggie is here to remind us College Station still has a 12th Man with a GPS designed by the same people that set up Gipper's text message.  Stay tuned?

    @flugel said:

    ? God bless ya!   We got A&M beating out Ohio State for that last WR spot.   Just when it couldn't get any more interesting, Mr Me-Aggie is here to remind us College Station still has a 12th Man with a GPS designed by the same people that set up Gipper's text message.  Stay tuned?

    Actually...I think it is more like he beat out Texas Tech....Derrick Willies.  I mean...Miller wasn't even here for a full week, was he?  Whereas  Ratley and Willies were competing for a spot ever since like last year, no?

    Edit....saw that "practice squad" eligibility thing after I typed this....that could be a major factor in the decision.

  • @flugel said:

    Gips, the key word in that post is "yet".  Not worth arguing about.  You might be right about Dorsey's loyalty to draft picks; but Dorsey also brings in the guys he has to cut as well.  Meaning?   He's gonna get credit either way for what we put on the field.  For example, The Scottish Hammer. Dorsey just cut a veteran punter he paid a rat load of cake to. That may not have been a draft pick but the Scottish Hammer was undrafted. Somebody is going to get a lot of credit for FINDING a guy that not only does his job well but he also tackles people extremely well. 

    I agree....the key word being "yet".  

    A lot of conversation over a guy that has done nothing...yet.    Maybe we can pick it up when the "yet"  is no longer a factor.

    @the-gipper said:

    I agree....the key word being "yet".  

    A lot of conversation over a guy that has done nothing...yet.    Maybe we can pick it up when the "yet"  is no longer a factor.

    Indeed!  It'll be nice if we can save millions for a stronger leg though so I see why there's some intrigue to what played out in the Scottish Hammer's favor. 

    I'm naming my FF Team  Drink Beer after this Mother Hocker.  

  • @flugel said:

    ? God bless ya!   We got A&M beating out Ohio State for that last WR spot.   Just when it couldn't get any more interesting, Mr Me-Aggie is here to remind us College Station still has a 12th Man with a GPS designed by the same people that set up Gipper's text message.  Stay tuned?

    Actually...I think it is more like he beat out Texas Tech....Derrick Willies.  I mean...Miller wasn't even here for a full week, was he?  Whereas  Ratley and Willies were competing for a spot ever since like last year, no?

    Edit....saw that "practice squad" eligibility thing after I typed this....that could be a major factor in the decision.

    @the-gipper said:

    Actually...I think it is more like he beat out Texas Tech....Derrick Willies.  I mean...Miller wasn't even here for a full week, was he?  Whereas  Ratley and Willies were competing for a spot ever since like last year, no?

    Edit....saw that "practice squad" eligibility thing after I typed this....that could be a major factor in the decision.

    No worries.  It wasn't a bad point in the sense of neither guy made the active roster.  In the same way I saw Josh Cribbs, Miller probably would have been a better RB than WR seeing how often both guys ran the ball throughout their college football experience.  Seems like they were better trained to run the ball IMO.  

    Aggies just catches me off guard with that sense of humor of his.   Excreting coffee through my nose = worthy of acknowledgment and reply.

  • To me, Ratley is the new Seth DeValve.  Always injured but thought to have talent.

    Willies was 6'4.....Taylor is 5'11.  ( I kinda' liked Willies...Taylor will have to play well, better than Willies' potential )

    @orion said:

    Willies was 6'4.....Taylor is 5'11.  ( I kinda' liked Willies...Taylor will have to play well, better than Willies' potential )

    Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

    True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

  • @orion said:

    Willies was 6'4.....Taylor is 5'11.  ( I kinda' liked Willies...Taylor will have to play well, better than Willies' potential )

    Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

    True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

    @flugel said:

    Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

    True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

    Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

    And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

  • @flugel said:

    Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

    True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

    Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

    And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

    And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

    Well I short changed you, yes pun intended. I had you pictured as a lot smaller than that

  • @flugel said:

    Good point Orion!   But, what do you mean he was 6'4"?    He still is - isn't he?

    True story and don't let him tell you otherwise.  Zombo got a 2" bump on the top of his head from getting tackled into the corner of an end table by FatJeff at the Hyatt Hotel.  He hasn't stopped bragging about the growth spurt since.  I don't know if Atenears put the cold can of beer on the wound for First Aid or to prevent Zombo from telling us he's 6' tall.  Irregardless, there's no telling what can happen on a road trip to Cleveland.

    Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

    And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is a true story:   When I was 62, I was measured when I went for a doctor visit.  They had me at 6/2 which is what I was for my adult life.   When I was 63...I again went on a doctor visit....and they measured me at 6'3".   Same doctor, same height scale....and no bump on the head from a beer can.   And I was not wearing shoes!.   Who ever heard of  a guy growing an inch in his 60s?   Now that I am older, I am back to 6'2".  

    And a couple of years back when talking to my (younger) brother....he said that due to the fact that he is lactose intolerant and could not consume milk or other products with calcium,  he lost several inches...like as many as 3. 

    I'm sure it grew from 6.2" to 6.3" because you had a prettier nurse taking the measurement.?