Skip to content

OBJ Good guy

The Browns Board
20 7 672
  • Youngstown Chaney H.S. Has been without football for almost ten years now. They have a new program up and running and had some real nice equipment donations from the good guys. Odell himself gave each player a nice new pair of game shoes. He heard and he helped. No one asked.  I really hope this guy catches on here. Heart and hands. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Youngstown Chaney H.S. Has been without football for almost ten years now. They have a new program up and running and had some real nice equipment donations from the good guys. Odell himself gave each player a nice new pair of game shoes. He heard and he helped. No one asked.  I really hope this guy catches on here. Heart and hands. 

    These are the kind of stories you just love to read. OBJ wants to be loved and embraced, and that can happen in our town faster than anywhere. Our fans are desperate for stars to adore, and I literally can't wait to see what he does this year. We haven't gotten a chance to see him basically at all yet, and we essentially placed him in bubble wrap to prevent injury. 

    The bubble wrap is now off, and it's time to shine. That being said, I do want everyone to be somewhat realistic about what OBJ will provide. He hasn't practiced that much and has zero game time with the offense. It's GOING to take a little time before everyone gets clicking. For his first game, I'm predicting 5 catches for 78 yards and no TDs. Landry will lead receiving yards, and Njoku and Harris will each have a receiving TD, with Chubb also running one in. OBJ will be a total threat and will command a TON of attention, thus opening up things for others. 

  • Youngstown Chaney H.S. Has been without football for almost ten years now. They have a new program up and running and had some real nice equipment donations from the good guys. Odell himself gave each player a nice new pair of game shoes. He heard and he helped. No one asked.  I really hope this guy catches on here. Heart and hands. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Youngstown Chaney H.S. Has been without football for almost ten years now. They have a new program up and running and had some real nice equipment donations from the good guys. Odell himself gave each player a nice new pair of game shoes. He heard and he helped. No one asked.  I really hope this guy catches on here. Heart and hands. 

    I saw that and more Nike was following the Chaney story along with OBJ.  (my wife is a Chaney alum from a few years back)

    https://www.wkbn.com/sports/nike-gifts-returning-chaney-football-team-with-new-equipment

    YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – For the first time since 2010, Chaney High School will have a varsity football team on the field.

    Wednesday, the team got a big gift that will help keep them moving forward.

    Head Coach Chris Amill received a call from Nike’s corporate office in Oregon. Employees there told him that they were following the team’s story and all of their hard work.

    That’s when they told him that they were sending boxes of equipment, including shoes, gloves, decals for their helmets and more.

    Amill said it’s a big deal for their players.

    “A lot of our kids don’t have the opportunity to get some of the better stuff that some other players have at other schools, so being able to provide this stuff for them by Nike is amazing,” he said.

    Amill said his goal is to build a program, not a football team. He wants his players to know that hard work will pay off.

    Chaney is facing Cardinal Mooney Thursday night in our Game of the Week.

    You can watch that at 7 p.m. live on MyYTV.

    .........oh Mooney 13 Chaney 6 Final.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Youngstown Chaney H.S. Has been without football for almost ten years now. They have a new program up and running and had some real nice equipment donations from the good guys. Odell himself gave each player a nice new pair of game shoes. He heard and he helped. No one asked.  I really hope this guy catches on here. Heart and hands. 

    I saw that and more Nike was following the Chaney story along with OBJ.  (my wife is a Chaney alum from a few years back)

    https://www.wkbn.com/sports/nike-gifts-returning-chaney-football-team-with-new-equipment

    YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – For the first time since 2010, Chaney High School will have a varsity football team on the field.

    Wednesday, the team got a big gift that will help keep them moving forward.

    Head Coach Chris Amill received a call from Nike’s corporate office in Oregon. Employees there told him that they were following the team’s story and all of their hard work.

    That’s when they told him that they were sending boxes of equipment, including shoes, gloves, decals for their helmets and more.

    Amill said it’s a big deal for their players.

    “A lot of our kids don’t have the opportunity to get some of the better stuff that some other players have at other schools, so being able to provide this stuff for them by Nike is amazing,” he said.

    Amill said his goal is to build a program, not a football team. He wants his players to know that hard work will pay off.

    Chaney is facing Cardinal Mooney Thursday night in our Game of the Week.

    You can watch that at 7 p.m. live on MyYTV.

    .........oh Mooney 13 Chaney 6 Final.

    @mjp28 said:

    I saw that and more Nike was following the Chaney story along with OBJ.  (my wife is a Chaney alum from a few years back)

    https://www.wkbn.com/sports/nike-gifts-returning-chaney-football-team-with-new-equipment

    YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – For the first time since 2010, Chaney High School will have a varsity football team on the field.

    Wednesday, the team got a big gift that will help keep them moving forward.

    Head Coach Chris Amill received a call from Nike’s corporate office in Oregon. Employees there told him that they were following the team’s story and all of their hard work.

    That’s when they told him that they were sending boxes of equipment, including shoes, gloves, decals for their helmets and more.

    Amill said it’s a big deal for their players.

    “A lot of our kids don’t have the opportunity to get some of the better stuff that some other players have at other schools, so being able to provide this stuff for them by Nike is amazing,” he said.

    Amill said his goal is to build a program, not a football team. He wants his players to know that hard work will pay off.

    Chaney is facing Cardinal Mooney Thursday night in our Game of the Week.

    You can watch that at 7 p.m. live on MyYTV.

    .........oh Mooney 13 Chaney 6 Final.

    Hoped you’d chime in. I just caught a moment on the early news. I guess he spoke to the kids awhile and then gifted them the shoes. 

  • Why did they name a high school in Youngstown after former VP  Dick Chaney?   Did it terminate its program after he shot its head coach?

    😆😛🥷

    Edit:  See...now, is that better?

  • Why did they name a high school in Youngstown after former VP  Dick Chaney?   Did it terminate its program after he shot its head coach?

    😆😛🥷

    Edit:  See...now, is that better?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why did they name a high school in Youngstown after former VP  Dick Chaney?   Did it terminate its program after he shot its head coach?

    😆😛🥷

    They didn't.

    (Did you mean Dick Cheney?)

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why did they name a high school in Youngstown after former VP  Dick Chaney?   Did it terminate its program after he shot its head coach?

    😆😛🥷

    They didn't.

    (Did you mean Dick Cheney?)

    @mjp28 said:

    They didn't.

    (Did you mean Dick Cheney?)

    Did you really not get that that was a joke?

  • @mjp28 said:

    They didn't.

    (Did you mean Dick Cheney?)

    Did you really not get that that was a joke?

    @the-gipper said:

    Did you really not get that that was a joke?

    I did. A piss poor one tho. The punch line should be that he shot a lawyer... lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    Did you really not get that that was a joke?

    I did. A piss poor one tho. The punch line should be that he shot a lawyer... lol

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I did. A piss poor one tho. The punch line should be that he shot a lawyer... lol

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I did. A piss poor one tho. The punch line should be that he shot a lawyer... lol

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    @the-gipper said:

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    True but no schools in ytown were ever named for him.fact.  And it was a lawyer that VP Cheney shot. Fact. Funny because of William Shakespeare advocating kill all the lawyers. But the original topic is about a member of the Cleveland Browns doing a wonderful act of charity for a group of H. S. Student athletes. What are your thoughts on that?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    True but no schools in ytown were ever named for him.fact.  And it was a lawyer that VP Cheney shot. Fact. Funny because of William Shakespeare advocating kill all the lawyers. But the original topic is about a member of the Cleveland Browns doing a wonderful act of charity for a group of H. S. Student athletes. What are your thoughts on that?

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    True but no schools in ytown were ever named for him.fact.  And it was a lawyer that VP Cheney shot. Fact. Funny because of William Shakespeare advocating kill all the lawyers. But the original topic is about a member of the Cleveland Browns doing a wonderful act of charity for a group of H. S. Student athletes. What are your thoughts on that?

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

  • Gotcha'!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    True but no schools in ytown were ever named for him.fact.  And it was a lawyer that VP Cheney shot. Fact. Funny because of William Shakespeare advocating kill all the lawyers. But the original topic is about a member of the Cleveland Browns doing a wonderful act of charity for a group of H. S. Student athletes. What are your thoughts on that?

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

    @the-gipper said:

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

    Wasn’t in pink

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Youngstown Chaney H.S. Has been without football for almost ten years now. They have a new program up and running and had some real nice equipment donations from the good guys. Odell himself gave each player a nice new pair of game shoes. He heard and he helped. No one asked.  I really hope this guy catches on here. Heart and hands. 

    These are the kind of stories you just love to read. OBJ wants to be loved and embraced, and that can happen in our town faster than anywhere. Our fans are desperate for stars to adore, and I literally can't wait to see what he does this year. We haven't gotten a chance to see him basically at all yet, and we essentially placed him in bubble wrap to prevent injury. 

    The bubble wrap is now off, and it's time to shine. That being said, I do want everyone to be somewhat realistic about what OBJ will provide. He hasn't practiced that much and has zero game time with the offense. It's GOING to take a little time before everyone gets clicking. For his first game, I'm predicting 5 catches for 78 yards and no TDs. Landry will lead receiving yards, and Njoku and Harris will each have a receiving TD, with Chubb also running one in. OBJ will be a total threat and will command a TON of attention, thus opening up things for others. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    These are the kind of stories you just love to read. OBJ wants to be loved and embraced, and that can happen in our town faster than anywhere. Our fans are desperate for stars to adore, and I literally can't wait to see what he does this year. We haven't gotten a chance to see him basically at all yet, and we essentially placed him in bubble wrap to prevent injury. 

    The bubble wrap is now off, and it's time to shine. That being said, I do want everyone to be somewhat realistic about what OBJ will provide. He hasn't practiced that much and has zero game time with the offense. It's GOING to take a little time before everyone gets clicking. For his first game, I'm predicting 5 catches for 78 yards and no TDs. Landry will lead receiving yards, and Njoku and Harris will each have a receiving TD, with Chubb also running one in. OBJ will be a total threat and will command a TON of attention, thus opening up things for others. 

    OBJ - 6 rec, 111 yds, 1 TD

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I did. A piss poor one tho. The punch line should be that he shot a lawyer... lol

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    @the-gipper said:

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    Hint: You could make a hit Broadway play out of it and insult the present Vice President at the same time. LOL!?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I did. A piss poor one tho. The punch line should be that he shot a lawyer... lol

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    @the-gipper said:

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    We could have it as a new thing- if you don't like the opposition, challenge them to a duel. Hamilton- Burr anyone?  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

    Wasn’t in pink

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Wasn’t in pink

    OK, my bad.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who besides Cheney is the only other Vice President to shoot a man while he was in office?

    We could have it as a new thing- if you don't like the opposition, challenge them to a duel. Hamilton- Burr anyone?  

    @hoorta said:

    We could have it as a new thing- if you don't like the opposition, challenge them to a duel. Hamilton- Burr anyone?  

    There you go....but a duel does NOT have to be fought with pistols.   You can have a fist fight, swords,  a food eating contest.   Magic wands.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    True but no schools in ytown were ever named for him.fact.  And it was a lawyer that VP Cheney shot. Fact. Funny because of William Shakespeare advocating kill all the lawyers. But the original topic is about a member of the Cleveland Browns doing a wonderful act of charity for a group of H. S. Student athletes. What are your thoughts on that?

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

    @the-gipper said:

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

    Ya, I’m home. If you actually read my  post, you would have known that I acknowledged your so called joke. I added a punch line and made it laughable. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think it happens all the time and it’s good   And are you Still not getting the fact that it was a joke. Of course I knew Cheney high school was not named after dick Cheney. Hello, McFly...is anybody home?

    Ya, I’m home. If you actually read my  post, you would have known that I acknowledged your so called joke. I added a punch line and made it laughable. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ya, I’m home. If you actually read my  post, you would have known that I acknowledged your so called joke. I added a punch line and made it laughable. 

    It was so funny I forgot to laugh.