Skip to content

Browns Announce Brown Color Rush Jerseys Will Be Primary Uniforms in 2019

The Browns Board
44 19 995
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I thought the NFL wouldn’t allow that?

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #3

    Evidently we petitioned to use our color rush unis as primary unis

    Might be old news but you can never tell with the same 10 topics on front page every day

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Can’t wait. Me and the boys will be rocking baker moustaches for the game

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The color rush uniform is the best looking browns uniform in, well, ever. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I'm going to say something.

    Something I've seen in some NFL broadcasts that has surprised me is color grading. For those who dont know what color grading is, it's when you edit a film's color so it looks different. 

    It is done in everything, in every film, series. Even broadcasts. I bet they color grade on every sport broadcast, at least to a certain point, because you can't control every single that is going to be aired unlike series and films. The problem is that NFL sometimes desaturates a bit the image, or changes the levels of the lows... And the image you are getting is not that real. 

    I'm saying all of this because some of these jerseys look way better in the TV or a series than in reality, and it's thanks to color grading. And personally, I don't like it. They change the image a bit too much, and in a LIVE sport broadcast I want a LIVE image. Live images are colorful, a bit oversaturated, overexposed... Whatever. 

    Color rush uniforms have been all about image and colour editing and they sell something more like a videogame. And like modern videogames, the trailer and the gameplay don't match.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

  • Browns Announce Brown Color Rush Jerseys Will Be Primary Uniforms in 2019

    2019-09-04_163859.jpg.86128f629aee30d36d314b2c37492e8e.jpg

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @vambo said:

    Browns Announce Brown Color Rush Jerseys Will Be Primary Uniforms in 2019

    2019-09-04_163859.jpg.86128f629aee30d36d314b2c37492e8e.jpg

    Who wanted it??

    At least the shoulder stripes are positioned better.   

    They're just trying to minimize the damage of their self inflicted uniform until they can get to next year and the new uni.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I’m sure it’s what the players wanted.. the color rush look natural to me with the brown and orange anyways 

  • I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @texasag1969 said:

    I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

    For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

    But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I like them but not for primary. But honestly I don't care if they went out there in a plain white Jersey just play and win. 

  • CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I don't give a shit if they wear pussy pink...………...JUST WIN.  

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Just win, who gives a fuck.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #14

    is there any inclining of what next year's will look like?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

  • I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    It's a GOD thing! I walked into Dick's this afternoon & they had ONE Baker Color Rush Jersey left & it was in MY size. Not only did I buy it, but I showed them it had a couple white threads showing (very minor) & got 10% off. These are good signs....VERY good signs!!!  ?

    Mike

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

    For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

    But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

    But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

    I even have a Browns colored T-shirt with Orange lettering that reads, "The answer is beer. Now what was the question?"

  • is there any inclining of what next year's will look like?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @lbc-mike said:

    is there any inclining of what next year's will look like?

    nope

    Polka dots I'm sure.  I almost wish Jimmy & D would let Dorsey handle it.

  • Just win, who gives a fuck.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Just win, who gives a fuck.

    Can you print banners with that and display them at the stadium?   😆

  • I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #21

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB