Skip to content

Browns Announce Brown Color Rush Jerseys Will Be Primary Uniforms in 2019

The Browns Board
44 19 995
  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I’m sure it’s what the players wanted.. the color rush look natural to me with the brown and orange anyways 

  • I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @texasag1969 said:

    I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

    For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

    But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I like them but not for primary. But honestly I don't care if they went out there in a plain white Jersey just play and win. 

  • CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I don't give a shit if they wear pussy pink...………...JUST WIN.  

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Just win, who gives a fuck.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #14

    is there any inclining of what next year's will look like?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

  • I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    It's a GOD thing! I walked into Dick's this afternoon & they had ONE Baker Color Rush Jersey left & it was in MY size. Not only did I buy it, but I showed them it had a couple white threads showing (very minor) & got 10% off. These are good signs....VERY good signs!!!  ?

    Mike

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I asked if they could go with Maroon and White just for Gip.?

    For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

    But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

    But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

    I even have a Browns colored T-shirt with Orange lettering that reads, "The answer is beer. Now what was the question?"

  • is there any inclining of what next year's will look like?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @lbc-mike said:

    is there any inclining of what next year's will look like?

    nope

    Polka dots I'm sure.  I almost wish Jimmy & D would let Dorsey handle it.

  • Just win, who gives a fuck.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Just win, who gives a fuck.

    Can you print banners with that and display them at the stadium?   😆

  • I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #21

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

    I can see where getting a defender to hesitate even an eye blink can make one helluva difference. Maybe the next unis should have some bold white stitching too. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @hoorta said:

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

    Exactly why UT Austin switched from Orange to Burnt Orange just in time for the James Street wishbone days. Now you see it, now you don't. Very smart of DKR.

  • The color rush uniform is the best looking browns uniform in, well, ever. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The color rush uniform is the best looking browns uniform in, well, ever. 

    No.

  • @hoorta said:

    It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

    Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

    Exactly why UT Austin switched from Orange to Burnt Orange just in time for the James Street wishbone days. Now you see it, now you don't. Very smart of DKR.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    Exactly why UT Austin switched from Orange to Burnt Orange just in time for the James Street wishbone days. Now you see it, now you don't. Very smart of DKR.

    Do you mean Texas?

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    The color rush uniform is the best looking browns uniform in, well, ever. 

    No.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tiamat63 said:

    No.

    Yes

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yes

    No.  The classic Browns uniforms are much, much better. 

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yes

    No.  The classic Browns uniforms are much, much better. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    No.  The classic Browns uniforms are much, much better. 

    I think the color  rush are OK. More "modern" without  over doing it. I like the  "lighter" shade of  brown.  Anything  is better  than that sh## shade of brown on the previous  edition of  the pants that made the players look like they were  big turds.