Skip to content

Prepare for a stinker...

The Browns Board
48 21 1.1k 1
  • @kvoethe said:

    If last nights game was any indication...20 penalties...Not a very good game.

    With fewer veterans seeing much of the field in preseason...it will show.

    On a good note...travis henry hasnt taken a hit since last year...i predict 2 fumbles.

    But the quality of these early season across the league.  (I would bet the unders for a few weeks) games has been horrible with the lack of preseason prep.  I look for the trend to continue.

    Agree... as I wrote in 'cube's "And so it begins..." thread last nite showed that Week 1 is now the preseason... at least for teams whose stars saw precious little PT in the real pre-...

    Does make a case for reducing the preseason to two games and expanding the regular to 18 games.

    @tour2ma said:

    Does make a case for reducing the preseason to two games and expanding the regular to 18 games

    IMO,  no.

    It would be adding 2 games to the season, for the starters and others that play a lot on game days.   (as we've seen, they don't play much at all in the current preseason)

  • Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    @icecube said:

    Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    Hes Chucky McWeedon with a bit better arm..

  • Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    @icecube said:

    Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    He's finding out the hard way...his limited college games & snaps, can't be made up in the NFL when their all pro's with closing speed... He sat behind the great QB Marquis Williams ? at UNC.. I remember waking up at the Philly draft & walked away from the breakfast table at a diner, hearing rumors the Browns may choose Mitch Over Garrett?..Thank you, Sweet St. Sashi Brown... Edit::Won't be around much this weekend..sadly, am back in Atlantic beach & Emerald Isle,NC area..Dorian's spin off Tornado's has got a little messy 🙁. (stinker fits) Just ate at the  browns backers club though.The Yellowfin Pub .Damn Tasty hot Steak Subs made off the outdoor grill.. Sundays seat is now on reserve..but remind me to ask for "smokin Hot hanna"..😉 

  • @kvoethe said:

    If last nights game was any indication...20 penalties...Not a very good game.

    With fewer veterans seeing much of the field in preseason...it will show.

    On a good note...travis henry hasnt taken a hit since last year...i predict 2 fumbles.

    But the quality of these early season across the league.  (I would bet the unders for a few weeks) games has been horrible with the lack of preseason prep.  I look for the trend to continue.

    Agree... as I wrote in 'cube's "And so it begins..." thread last nite showed that Week 1 is now the preseason... at least for teams whose stars saw precious little PT in the real pre-...

    Does make a case for reducing the preseason to two games and expanding the regular to 18 games.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... as I wrote in 'cube's "And so it begins..." thread last nite showed that Week 1 is now the preseason... at least for teams whose stars saw precious little PT in the real pre-...

    Does make a case for reducing the preseason to two games and expanding the regular to 18 games.

    They discussed 18 games in the regular season years back and it was rejected, you wouldn't have much of a team left headed into the playoffs.

  • If I had played Trubisky, I would have gotten only 2 pts. LOL

    I hope Watson gets me 28.

    well, that's my D team...so...

  • Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    @icecube said:

    Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    Thank you Hue Jackson...for the one thing he got right.

    "Now there was debate between targeting Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett and North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky," Wickersham wrote. "Jackson wanted Garrett and one day made his case by taping pictures of Garrett on the glass walls in [owner Jimmy] Haslam's office as a joke. But Jackson wasn't kidding when he later vowed to Haslam that he wouldn't support Trubisky, publicly or privately. The team ended up deciding in favor of Garrett but kept Jackson in the dark about it until shortly before the draft, for reasons unexplained to him."

    https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Hue-Jackson-against-Mitch-Trubisky-2017-draft-128253300/

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree... as I wrote in 'cube's "And so it begins..." thread last nite showed that Week 1 is now the preseason... at least for teams whose stars saw precious little PT in the real pre-...

    Does make a case for reducing the preseason to two games and expanding the regular to 18 games.

    They discussed 18 games in the regular season years back and it was rejected, you wouldn't have much of a team left headed into the playoffs.

    Believe anything Hue says at your own peril...

    @mjp28 said:

    They discussed 18 games in the regular season years back and it was rejected, you wouldn't have much of a team left headed into the playoffs.

    Owners are going to make a big push for it in the new CBA.

  • Believe anything Hue says at your own peril...

    @mjp28 said:

    They discussed 18 games in the regular season years back and it was rejected, you wouldn't have much of a team left headed into the playoffs.

    Owners are going to make a big push for it in the new CBA.

    @tour2ma said:

    Believe anything Hue says at your own peril...

    Owners are going to make a big push for it in the new CBA.

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Believe anything Hue says at your own peril...

    Owners are going to make a big push for it in the new CBA.

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule

    I think they view it as two separate things entirely.   They want players to be able to 'play' the game without getting hurt.  Which, to them, has nothing to do with the 'number' of games.  

    The other problem is players wearing out towards the end of the season.  But again, the owners figure they're paying them quite handily for their services.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Believe anything Hue says at your own peril...

    Owners are going to make a big push for it in the new CBA.

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    To me, starters playing 18 games means (obviously) more REAL contact time which would increase risk of injury, further enhanced by players being fatigued. If done, we may be looking at a hell of a lot of 2nd stringers starting in the playoffs.

    More QUANTITY seldom results in better QUALITY. I do not like the idea of an 18 game regular season. Just one old man's opinion.

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    Believe anything Hue says at your own peril...

    Owners are going to make a big push for it in the new CBA.

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

    @texasag1969 said:

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

    .....again though, I disagree. 

    A lot of the regularly playing players don't play in the preseason (much).  Adding regular season games is adding games that the regularly playing players will have to play.

    The preseason has mostly become a time for playing the rookies, undrafted FA's and practice squad players in order to decide who to keep.  Eliminating preseason games doesn't affect the starters all that much.....but adding more regular season games certainly does.

  • Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    @icecube said:

    Trubs is horrid. Another QB with "all the physical traits you want" but who still stinks regardless. 

    Trubisky struggled, yep. But until he has some pass blocking and some receivers getting separation...

    I can't say it's all on him. Both quarterbacks were getting pummeled like a school bus in a baseball sized hailstorm.

    I mean, Rodgers looked just as confused, frustrated and awful as Trubisky for the first quarter and a half. That's all we could take of that game. lol

         Starting out, often the offenses lag a few times, generally speaking. A couple more games though, and I'll have to pick up another qb eventually.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

    @texasag1969 said:

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

    No it doesn't! Read the following, perfectly stated by Orion. Two preseason games don't even come CLOSE to comparing to 2 regular season games. 

    @orion said:

    .....again though, I disagree. 

    A lot of the regularly playing players don't play in the preseason (much).  Adding regular season games is adding games that the regularly playing players will have to play.

    The preseason has mostly become a time for playing the rookies, undrafted FA's and practice squad players in order to decide who to keep.  Eliminating preseason games doesn't affect the starters all that much.....but adding more regular season games certainly does.

    YEP!!

    Mike

  • @hoorta said:

    And a PS- Trubiski looked terrible

    Why are you rubbing Gip's nose in that?

    And could you do it some more?

    @furious-styles said:

    The pregame announcers kept mentioning Mitch didn't throw one preseason pass. It looked like it.

    Yup... took three snaps total in all four games... and handed it off three times.

    Not exactly sharpening the saw there...

    FYI four starting QBs took zero snaps: Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers.

    You could the effects in Rodgers game as well... especially early.

    @tour2ma said:

    Why are you rubbing Gip's nose in that?

    And could you do it some more?

    Yup... took three snaps total in all four games... and handed it off three times.

    Not exactly sharpening the saw there...

    FYI four starting QBs took zero snaps: Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers.

    You could the effects in Rodgers game as well... especially early.

    In defense of Gipper, I was pretty high on Mitch- but not at #1. Looks like another Hoorta big QB screw up.

    Let's not forget Mr.Knowitall (the banned guy) knew Mitch was going to go high. That was revisionist history. If Hue truly didn't want Trubisky, it was one of the very few things he ever got right. 

  • Go away , Debbie Downer..!!

  • I agree with the statement that preseason games are just to set the roster. September games are the real practice games. The first four are almost always pretty sloppy across the league. Can you imagine going back to a 6 game preseason?

    4404DA87-FD79-48B8-B3BE-C6403D034FB7.jpeg

  • @tour2ma said:

    Why are you rubbing Gip's nose in that?

    And could you do it some more?

    Yup... took three snaps total in all four games... and handed it off three times.

    Not exactly sharpening the saw there...

    FYI four starting QBs took zero snaps: Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers.

    You could the effects in Rodgers game as well... especially early.

    In defense of Gipper, I was pretty high on Mitch- but not at #1. Looks like another Hoorta big QB screw up.

    Let's not forget Mr.Knowitall (the banned guy) knew Mitch was going to go high. That was revisionist history. If Hue truly didn't want Trubisky, it was one of the very few things he ever got right. 

    @hoorta said:

    In defense of Gipper, I was pretty high on Mitch- but not at #1. Looks like another Hoorta big QB screw up.

    Let's not forget Mr.Knowitall (the banned guy) knew Mitch was going to go high. That was revisionist history. If Hue truly didn't want Trubisky, it was one of the very few things he ever got right. 

    I’ve been away for a while. Who got banned?

  • @hoorta said:

    In defense of Gipper, I was pretty high on Mitch- but not at #1. Looks like another Hoorta big QB screw up.

    Let's not forget Mr.Knowitall (the banned guy) knew Mitch was going to go high. That was revisionist history. If Hue truly didn't want Trubisky, it was one of the very few things he ever got right. 

    I’ve been away for a while. Who got banned?

    @marcus said:

    I’ve been away for a while. Who got banned?

    We're not even going to  name  him. Let's just say it's a  lot more  peaceful  around here now that we don't have to  put up with his BS. Hint- has been  kicked off  of every  football  Board  he's ever posted on. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't understand how the owners can say they are doing everything they can in the name of player safety and then try to push a 18 game schedule - FIVE OR SIX GAMES more than college football teams play. 

    I'm sorry, more doesn't mean better. I'm with mjp 100% on this. 

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

    @texasag1969 said:

    Get rid of pre-season and it makes more sense.;

    It's hard now to decide who makes the roster and practice squad you need at least three better yet four preseason games and leave it with 16 games and a week 4-12 bye. If your star players sit out most of it so be it.

    Owners want mo' money at the expense of the players health and watering down the NFL product itself.

    July 13

     glad you’re joyinghttps://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/13/nfl-players-union-rejects-latest-proposal-game-season The Washington Post. You’re almost out of free articles. Already a subscri
    NFL players’ union rejects latest proposal for 18-game season
     
    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the league's franchise owners have proposed expanding the regular season to 18 games. (LM Otero, File)
    July 13

    The leader of the NFL Players Association shot down a proposal from league owners this week to expand the regular season to 18 games, a sign that both sides remain diametrically opposed to what will be one of the linchpin issues in the league’s next labor deal.

    DeMaurice Smith, the NFLPA’s executive director, told ESPN on Friday, “I don’t see an 18-game schedule — under any circumstance — being in the best interest of our players.”

    Owners suggested lengthening the season by two games, but capping players’ participation to only 16 of them to conform to the union’s player-safety concerns about a longer season and owners’ salary concerns about paying out two extra game checks.

    The Wall Street Journal first reported, and Smith later confirmed, the proposal, which the league brought up during negotiations for the next collective bargaining agreement. The current CBA expires before the 2021 season.......... CONTINUED IN LINK.......