Skip to content

WEEK 1 One man's opinion on the BROWNS naturally.

The Browns Board
16 12 1.0k
  • @orion said:

    mjp - you just laid out everything beautifully with your head.  And then bet with your heart.

    They are a tough team.  They play good defense.  We cannot squander any scoring situations.  We cannot miss FG opportunities or turn the ball over.  We may not see may scoring situations.  Our D is going to have to keep us in this game.

    Agree... not feelin' the "over"...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... not feelin' the "over"...

    @hoorta said:

    I'm feeling the  way over, and when I  get a strong feeling  one way or another, usually the  exact opposite  happens. 

    I'm going with the both of you, "under".

  • dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #8

    i agree also, definitely under.  But I do expect to win, especially at home.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I expect a close win.

    The game in my opinion will be in the trenches. Stopping Henry is our main goal, and if Chubb gets some space we won't depend so much on our passing game and the offense will make a good game. 

  • I expect a close win.

    The game in my opinion will be in the trenches. Stopping Henry is our main goal, and if Chubb gets some space we won't depend so much on our passing game and the offense will make a good game. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @nero said:

    I expect a close win.

    The game in my opinion will be in the trenches. Stopping Henry is our main goal, and if Chubb gets some space we won't depend so much on our passing game and the offense will make a good game. 

    I agree... something along the lines of 24-20 or 23-17....

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree... not feelin' the "over"...

    I'm feeling the  way over, and when I  get a strong feeling  one way or another, usually the  exact opposite  happens. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hoorta said:

    I'm feeling the  way over, and when I  get a strong feeling  one way or another, usually the  exact opposite  happens. 

    I thought it might be over 45 but maybe the other way around, I thought the BROWNS were good for 30.

    Oh well......

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree... not feelin' the "over"...

    @hoorta said:

    I'm feeling the  way over, and when I  get a strong feeling  one way or another, usually the  exact opposite  happens. 

    I'm going with the both of you, "under".

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm going with the both of you, "under".

    Glad I wasn't in Vegas. Ate my lunch on this call.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm going with the both of you, "under".

    Glad I wasn't in Vegas. Ate my lunch on this call.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @texasag1969 said:

    Glad I wasn't in Vegas. Ate my lunch on this call.

    You get what you pay for... 😉

  • Bigcz0277B Bigcz0277 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I'm an Alabama fan, lived here 50 years - when Freddie  Kitchens was made head coach I knew it was a poor choice - 18 penalties,  some just plain flagrant 

    lack(s) of sportsmanship.  Kitchens was touted to be "all world" at at Bama - he stunk. You can see the players are undisciplined and have little respect for the 

    game, themselves or Kitchens. You don't see junk like that disaster (versus the Titans) under Belichick - I have loved the Browns since they drafted Ozzie Newsome

    and it is far from comprehension how we consistently underachieve, but I know Freddie Kitchens is never going to lead the Browns to a higher standard. Like 

    Vince Lombardi said, "Winning is a habit, losing is a habit", the Browns are in the habit of losing and therefore they are conditioned to accept losing - just playing for

    a check.

  • I'm an Alabama fan, lived here 50 years - when Freddie  Kitchens was made head coach I knew it was a poor choice - 18 penalties,  some just plain flagrant 

    lack(s) of sportsmanship.  Kitchens was touted to be "all world" at at Bama - he stunk. You can see the players are undisciplined and have little respect for the 

    game, themselves or Kitchens. You don't see junk like that disaster (versus the Titans) under Belichick - I have loved the Browns since they drafted Ozzie Newsome

    and it is far from comprehension how we consistently underachieve, but I know Freddie Kitchens is never going to lead the Browns to a higher standard. Like 

    Vince Lombardi said, "Winning is a habit, losing is a habit", the Browns are in the habit of losing and therefore they are conditioned to accept losing - just playing for

    a check.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @bigcz0277 said:

    I'm an Alabama fan, lived here 50 years - when Freddie  Kitchens was made head coach I knew it was a poor choice - 18 penalties,  some just plain flagrant 

    lack(s) of sportsmanship.  Kitchens was touted to be "all world" at at Bama - he stunk. You can see the players are undisciplined and have little respect for the 

    game, themselves or Kitchens. You don't see junk like that disaster (versus the Titans) under Belichick - I have loved the Browns since they drafted Ozzie Newsome

    and it is far from comprehension how we consistently underachieve, but I know Freddie Kitchens is never going to lead the Browns to a higher standard. Like 

    Vince Lombardi said, "Winning is a habit, losing is a habit", the Browns are in the habit of losing and therefore they are conditioned to accept losing - just playing for

    a check.

    baloney. Don't come on here with your first post and get so opportunistic at hate on Kitchens. The Browns lost their composure - sure - but it's the first game.

    and comparing Kitchens, in his first full year as head coach, to Butticheck? who failed miserably as a head coach here in Cleveland, and has been a head coach for years with the Patriots?

    The Browns played a close game til it started to unravel - I blame the oline. But I saw Garrett being tackled, I think it was Garrett...no call.

       OBJ got held and held ...no call, until he retaliated to get the holder away from him...and HE got called for pass interference.

    I saw Robinson standing near a pile, play over, and get roughly shoved to the ground. NO CALL. Then the shover seemed to be headed for Robinson again, and Robinson lost his cool, and put his foot up to the shover's helmet.

    Robinson got ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. And Lawrence was being held, NO CALL. But Lawrence said one thing to the ref, and quickly got an unsportsmanlike conduct. Ogunjobi was being held. NO CALL.

    The Browns were not ready for a knock down drag out dirty kick ass mean football game. With all the new players, it will take maybe three games to see how the season MIGHT go.

    I believe with all that out of the way....the Browns will rebound.

    and it isn't only the Browns that I've seen get weird inconsistent referreeing on one side and another.

    Some Browns handled it poorly, got nailed. Life lesson. You get hammered, you don't get made...you get even.

    and the Kardiac Kids in 1980 lost their first two games, losing the first game to the Patriots 37-6 or something like that.

    But the Browns went 11-6 that year.

  • No team enters this season more hyped than the Browns. Many are projecting them to win the AFC North and be a serious Super Bowl contender. That’s a lot of pressure to put on a team that is 11-52-1 the past four years, has a second-year quarterback and hasn’t made the playoffs in 17 years. Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry are reasons for Cleveland to be excited. The Browns don’t lack for talent. But they must prove things first. 

    The Titans are a solid team in the AFC South, the most competitive and strongest division in the AFC. Tennessee doesn’t 
    have superstars. The Titans also don’t have any glaring weaknesses. They had a winning record in 2018 with a plus point differential. Only two teams surrendered fewer points per game than the Titans last season. Tennessee ranked sixth in pass defense. 

    Mayfield was 1-5 SU, 2-3 ATS in five games with a 10-to-11 touchdown-to-interception ratio versus teams that ranked among the top 19 in pass defense. Cleveland improved its skill position personnel, but its offensive line is noticeably weaker with the loss of guard Kevin Zeitler. The Browns gave up the third-most yards per game last year while ranking 28th in run defense. Derrick Henry was a beast down the stretch rushing for 585 yards and scoring seven touchdowns during the final four games. That projects to 2,340 yards and 28 touchdowns for a season. 

    The Titans have upgraded Marcus Mariota’s weaponry adding slot-option Adam Humphries, rookie wideout A.J. Brown and getting tight end Delanie Walker back from an ankle injury that sidelined him most of last season. The Browns have covered only 31 percent of their last 29 home games. 

    SO what does that mean? It means screw the ancient history and go with the 2019 BROWNS -5.5 for a bundle and put some on the OVER 45 and collect next week!  😁

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mjp28 said:

    No team enters this season more hyped than the Browns. Many are projecting them to win the AFC North and be a serious Super Bowl contender. That’s a lot of pressure to put on a team that is 11-52-1 the past four years, has a second-year quarterback and hasn’t made the playoffs in 17 years. Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry are reasons for Cleveland to be excited. The Browns don’t lack for talent. But they must prove things first. 

    The Titans are a solid team in the AFC South, the most competitive and strongest division in the AFC. Tennessee doesn’t 
    have superstars. The Titans also don’t have any glaring weaknesses. They had a winning record in 2018 with a plus point differential. Only two teams surrendered fewer points per game than the Titans last season. Tennessee ranked sixth in pass defense. 

    Mayfield was 1-5 SU, 2-3 ATS in five games with a 10-to-11 touchdown-to-interception ratio versus teams that ranked among the top 19 in pass defense. Cleveland improved its skill position personnel, but its offensive line is noticeably weaker with the loss of guard Kevin Zeitler. The Browns gave up the third-most yards per game last year while ranking 28th in run defense. Derrick Henry was a beast down the stretch rushing for 585 yards and scoring seven touchdowns during the final four games. That projects to 2,340 yards and 28 touchdowns for a season. 

    The Titans have upgraded Marcus Mariota’s weaponry adding slot-option Adam Humphries, rookie wideout A.J. Brown and getting tight end Delanie Walker back from an ankle injury that sidelined him most of last season. The Browns have covered only 31 percent of their last 29 home games. 

    SO what does that mean? It means screw the ancient history and go with the 2019 BROWNS -5.5 for a bundle and put some on the OVER 45 and collect next week!  😁

    that talent as you say don't mean shit if you have no ol.....don't mean shit....if they continue to play like they did against the titans, baker will be on ir shortly...very shortly....the bikering will start and this will become another normal piece of shit cleveland browns football team....they best win next monday against the pitiful jets....if they don't.....heh heh heh....