Skip to content

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
277 62 11.7k 1
  • Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

    We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! ?

    Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

    I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

    1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

    2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

    3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

    I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

  • Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

    We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! ?

    Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

    I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

    1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

    2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

    3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

    I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

    We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! ?

    Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

    I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

    1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

    2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

    3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

    I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

  • My concern will be where it has been since the off-season begun - on the Oline.

    Right off rip, we face Casey, the Williams duo and Aaron Donald the first 3 weeks.

    My other concern is this coaching staff getting too pass happy.  I hope Chubb and Hilliard receive respectable work loads, facilitate the play action and help our oline out.  If not, the vertical game ODB, Njoku and Ratley can thrive on will be difficult to connect on.

    @tiamat63 said:

    My concern will be where it has been since the off-season begun - on the Oline.

    Right off rip, we face Casey, the Williams duo and Aaron Donald the first 3 weeks.

    My other concern is this coaching staff getting too pass happy.  I hope Chubb and Hilliard receive respectable work loads, facilitate the play action and help our oline out.  If not, the vertical game ODB, Njoku and Ratley can thrive on will be difficult to connect on.

    I'm don't think Ratley will be the third receiver out there.  Why anyone wouldn't think it would be Higgins is beyond me.  But we'll see.  

  • It's finally here.

    I had planned on penning a big long post on our struggles and heartache. How redemption and victory is going to be so sweet to us. About how after all the QBs and HC and GMs and dysfunction; how it's finally our time... 

    I thought about that and then I ripped off the rear-view mirror and decided not to look back. I'm just going to enjoy this game like it's my first and root like it's my last. Go Browns!

    Believeland- Dawg Check! 

  • The most anticipated opening day in a long, long time. Let's hope it lives up to the local and national hype about the 2019 BROWNS!

    GO BROWNS, 1-0 baby!

  • I am so excited I have been up since 4am

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

    We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! ?

    Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

    I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

    1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

    2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

    3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

    I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

  • A 48-14 win incoming 

  • A 48-14 win incoming 

    @londonbrown said:

    A 48-14 win incoming 

    Love the enthusiasm. I just want a win. We’ve got the players to do it. Come on Freddy!

  • This is a Myles Garrett takeover game.  If he takes over against a backup and forces Tenn to change everything roll protection get the ball out fast it will create a ripple effect.

    On the other side of the ball - the key is to protect the ball and the interior line hold their own. After that let the titans worry about all the one on one matchups they have to contend with  

    titan fans don’t think Baker can do it against good defenses this is the second year next step arrival game for him

    Thinking Browns 28 Titans 9 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

    I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

  • Over under:   Number of Sacks Browns get today?   Lets set it at 6.    I'll take the over.

  • Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

  • Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    Let's hope that we receive the presents that we wanted... I'm really excited, nonetheless. 

  • Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

    @mjp28 said:

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

    I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

    @dawg2fan said:

    I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

    Isn’t that a fairly typical NFL season? And everyone on that field is getting paid to play. But with that quick release of Bakers, that’ll make the O like look all pro by Halloween. He stays healthy and we’re in every game. Should be fun. The younger fans are gonna need to learn how to cheer a winner. I’m sure that’ll be a short learning curve tho

    F639DA91-9BE7-4B92-87DA-09FBA49FDC8D.gif

  • @mjp28 said:

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

    @nero said:

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉