Skip to content

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
277 62 11.7k 1
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

    We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! ?

    Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

    I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

    1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

    2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

    3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

    I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

  • A 48-14 win incoming 

  • A 48-14 win incoming 

    @londonbrown said:

    A 48-14 win incoming 

    Love the enthusiasm. I just want a win. We’ve got the players to do it. Come on Freddy!

  • This is a Myles Garrett takeover game.  If he takes over against a backup and forces Tenn to change everything roll protection get the ball out fast it will create a ripple effect.

    On the other side of the ball - the key is to protect the ball and the interior line hold their own. After that let the titans worry about all the one on one matchups they have to contend with  

    titan fans don’t think Baker can do it against good defenses this is the second year next step arrival game for him

    Thinking Browns 28 Titans 9 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. ?

    To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

    OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

    But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

    I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

  • Over under:   Number of Sacks Browns get today?   Lets set it at 6.    I'll take the over.

  • Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

  • Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    Let's hope that we receive the presents that we wanted... I'm really excited, nonetheless. 

  • Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

    @mjp28 said:

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

    I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

    @dawg2fan said:

    I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

    Isn’t that a fairly typical NFL season? And everyone on that field is getting paid to play. But with that quick release of Bakers, that’ll make the O like look all pro by Halloween. He stays healthy and we’re in every game. Should be fun. The younger fans are gonna need to learn how to cheer a winner. I’m sure that’ll be a short learning curve tho

    F639DA91-9BE7-4B92-87DA-09FBA49FDC8D.gif

  • @mjp28 said:

    And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

    Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

    @nero said:

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

  • @nero said:

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

    @mjp28 said:

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

    I'm only interested in what's happening thousands of miles away from my home, with a leather eggball in a place I haven't been to... Yet 😉

  • @nero said:

    Not me. Is that golf? 😛 

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

    @mjp28 said:

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

    I’ll go with pic in pic the second half. It’ll be after 2 first pitch. Should be able to watch both no problem. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

    I'm only interested in what's happening thousands of miles away from my home, with a leather eggball in a place I haven't been to... Yet 😉

    @nero said:

    I'm only interested in what's happening thousands of miles away from my home, with a leather eggball in a place I haven't been to... Yet 😉

    That is called a pigskin. 

  • This is a Myles Garrett takeover game.  If he takes over against a backup and forces Tenn to change everything roll protection get the ball out fast it will create a ripple effect.

    On the other side of the ball - the key is to protect the ball and the interior line hold their own. After that let the titans worry about all the one on one matchups they have to contend with  

    titan fans don’t think Baker can do it against good defenses this is the second year next step arrival game for him

    Thinking Browns 28 Titans 9 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This is a Myles Garrett takeover game.  If he takes over against a backup and forces Tenn to change everything roll protection get the ball out fast it will create a ripple effect.

    On the other side of the ball - the key is to protect the ball and the interior line hold their own. After that let the titans worry about all the one on one matchups they have to contend with  

    titan fans don’t think Baker can do it against good defenses this is the second year next step arrival game for him

    Thinking Browns 28 Titans 9 

    I agree, but don't be surprised if Vernon has the bigger day. We caught a glimpse against Tampa, and if they shift protection over to Garrett, Vernon will get some opportunities to rush the passer. Believe it or not, what really scares me is Mariota running the ball. He's lightning quick. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  😉

    I’ll go with pic in pic the second half. It’ll be after 2 first pitch. Should be able to watch both no problem. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’ll go with pic in pic the second half. It’ll be after 2 first pitch. Should be able to watch both no problem. 

    I may go with 2 TVs or probably the BROWNS on TV and Hammy on the radio in the background and halftime some Wedgewood Pizza.......oh yeah!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’ll go with pic in pic the second half. It’ll be after 2 first pitch. Should be able to watch both no problem. 

    I may go with 2 TVs or probably the BROWNS on TV and Hammy on the radio in the background and halftime some Wedgewood Pizza.......oh yeah!

    @mjp28 said:

    I may go with 2 TVs or probably the BROWNS on TV and Hammy on the radio in the background and halftime some Wedgewood Pizza.......oh yeah!

    I’m gonna have to get down that way and get some pizza. I do like wedge wood. Best beef tho comes from cherry valley. Top quality and very reasonable prices. I tried a Vasilios deep dish a month or so ago. First one. Wow, almost like a pot pie. Huge and dangerously delicious. First deep dish I had with top crust. Need an army to eat it tho.. lol