Week 1
-
The way to stop Henry is getting into the backfield fast before he has a chance to get in gear. His best runs are the ones where his OL gives him creases about 3-4 yds past the LOS. You can't arm tackle him for sure. He'll run through it while he stiffarms you out of the way. Got to be a bunch of mad dogs gang tackling him.
Uhmmm that term "Mad Dogs" is NOT a term that any Browns fan wants to hear about any of their players. Too many bad memories about Mike Junkin......so keep that term outcher mouth.!!
Uhmmm that term "Mad Dogs" is NOT a term that any Browns fan wants to hear about any of their players. Too many bad memories about Mike Junkin......so keep that term outcher mouth.!!
What about MD Perry?
-
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
-
I’m curious not just how they handle Myles Garrett (they have a converted RT doing it) but the aftermath of pulling help to his rush side and how that opens up one on one matchups that we can exploit with guys like Ogunjobi, Vernon, and our backers getting to the QB. And if blocking Garrett requires help we should have an easier time with less titans to worry about in the pass game. Blocking Garrett and the chain reaction of trying to block him is the key the game. The Tenn game plan has to be run between the tackles /screens /draws and get the TEs active in the 5-10 yard area but I don’t think the Browns bring the blitz that often beyond their front 4 getting after the QB. This is a really tough matchup for Tenn- facing our d without your left tackle and Tenn has a QB that can’t hurt you over the top.
On offense if and it’s a big if we can hold up inside G/C/G positions we should put up points.
I see the key to this game getting out fast and forcing Tenn to throw and play well behind the sticks and the scoreboard.
I can see this game being a struggle and We struggle running the ball and give up pressure up the gut and win a 17-16 type game. If the Browns interior line comes to play we can easily win a 31-10 type game.
-
I worry more about Delanie Walker than Henry. I think this is a different Browns front 7 against the run. You have guys back with more experience and you add Richardson and Vernon and a different scheme. We should be able to make Henry go east and west before he gets to the LOS and we will have some rally to the ball. If he can get to the perimeter and go one on one with Greedy and Ward and advantage Tenn, but I can’t see this happening beyond a few times
Delanie Walker is their weapon that can have a big game and needs to have a big game against us. Kirksey, Morgan Burnett Or Avery lined up on him worries me and I think Mariota while not perfect doesn’t have to be perfect to make this matchup a nightmare for our D
-
Wait, you said the Browns AREN'T the best at something???????!!!??
Blasphemy!
How dare you say we aren't better than our opponent at everything!
/s
-
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
Not surprising the Browns hatah is running his mouth. Blow 'em out Cleveland and serve Cowie up a nice big heaping pile of crow.
-
Can’t fucking wait til Sunday.
-
I doubt anybody on this board is overlooking or sleeping on any team ever.... been a bad team to long to think anything is in the bag...
I doubt anybody on this board is overlooking or sleeping on any team ever.... been a bad team to long to think anything is in the bag...
I actually have some Browns' fan friends who do think week 1 is a cakewalk and in the bag. I think the only way TN is in it, with a shot to win, is if they win the turnover battle. If they get ahead, they can give a steady dose of that rushing attack.
-
A few weeks ago, I felt most were making the mistake of overlooking the Titans, whether that be from fans, players or the media.
Let us not forget that TN has had 3 winning seasons in a row. When was the Browns last winning season? 2007. When was the last time the Browns had a 3-year consecutive winning period? 1986-1989. Yes, it's been that long.
But you say, that is irrelevant, it only matters which team is better now. You'd be correct, but a little historical trends are worth considering.
So, the here and now, how they match up. Firstly, most important, QBs.
Mariota. Although he threw for a career high 68% last year, his TD to int ratio was 11-8. That's paltry. Yea, he can run, he's athletic and all that. But I just don't think he's that good. He would have done more by now if he was.
Baker. In just his rookie year, he showed he's already infinitely better than Mariota. 27 TDs to 14 ints. And he didn't even start the season (real genius, Hue). Bakes is clearly the better player.
RB
I thought Henry was out but he's not on the injury report. With him, TN has the edge, without, Browns do.
WR
No contest, Browns. TN has not been able to find any play makers at WR to save their lives.
OL
Even with their pro bowl LT out, TN is better here.
TE - push
DL - Browns, even though TN has some nice DLmen.
LBs - TN
CBs - push
S - TN
Coaching. TN. Hard to give nod to Cleveland here with a head coach who has never once coached as a HC ever in his career on any level. Vrabel will prove to be the real deal, having spent time in Pitt and NE.
Summary - All things considered, Browns have Baker and TN has subpar QB, and missing their LT, Mariota is gonna be running for his life. I feel for those reasons, Browns do win this, maybe easily.
24-16
A few weeks ago, I felt most were making the mistake of overlooking the Titans, whether that be from fans, players or the media.
I've been waiting for a post like this and I'm super stoked to be discussing game 1. I'm so incredibly excited, I can't think of another time I felt this good about our team since coming back.
The team we're playing in the Titans wins more than they lose, and that's the important thing to remember. The Titans have a way of making the game an absolute mess, with many scores being something like 16-12 or whatever, lol. I have EVERY reason to believe this game will follow suit. Why? I'm glad you didn't ask! ?
So, as other posters have mentioned, we've essentially won ONE season opener since 'Nam. OK, ok, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. We're battling freaking history here, and for those of you who don't think that matters, I disagree. Weird shit happens week 1, and many who seriously bet on the NFL won't bet week 1 or will seriously reduce the amount they wage because it's so difficult to get right.
Why else? How about FG kicker! The Seibert kid ended the preseason on a good note, but lemme tell you, the actual season is a different animal, and how many times did we lose because of kicking just last year? Now we have a rookie kicker AND a punter?! Yeesh. That scares me to death. I can JUST SEE the game coming down to a kick.
Now, to be totally fair, I can make a lengthy post about why our Browns will WIN, but something about week 1 just terrifies me. Perhaps it's our history, or the immense covererage and hype we've received, but I just have a crazy feeling about this opener. I'm obviously still going to predict our Brownies to win cuz we have more talent overall, especially at QB and the DL, but I do believe it's going to be a damn war. The weather is supposed to be solid, and I love it. We're going to see some big time passing plays, but don't be totally surprised if we try very hard to pound the rock with Chubb. We're going to be in "12 formation" quite frequently (2 TE + 2 WR) and we're going to see what Chubb can deliver!
Browns 27
Titans 20
Baker 24-37 for 276 yards and 1 TD and 1 pick.
Chubb 21 carries for 139 yards and 2 TDs.
-
You forgot one historical note. The Browns own the longest consecutive losing streak in opening games. Let's hope that ends Sunday. and FWIW, I'll rank Chubb and Henry as even...
-

Sorry, I don't understand the joke.
-
Agree with most other than RB. If you would trade Chubb for Henry, you’re outta your damn mind.
Agree with most other than RB. If you would trade Chubb for Henry, you’re outta your damn mind.
I think they are both good. I'm not sure one is better, just different. Henry's size and speed ratio are pretty rare: 250 lb backs aren't supposed to run sub 4.4 forties. If he shakes loose into the secondary, look out.
-
A few weeks ago, I felt most were making the mistake of overlooking the Titans, whether that be from fans, players or the media.
I've been waiting for a post like this and I'm super stoked to be discussing game 1. I'm so incredibly excited, I can't think of another time I felt this good about our team since coming back.
The team we're playing in the Titans wins more than they lose, and that's the important thing to remember. The Titans have a way of making the game an absolute mess, with many scores being something like 16-12 or whatever, lol. I have EVERY reason to believe this game will follow suit. Why? I'm glad you didn't ask! ?
So, as other posters have mentioned, we've essentially won ONE season opener since 'Nam. OK, ok, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. We're battling freaking history here, and for those of you who don't think that matters, I disagree. Weird shit happens week 1, and many who seriously bet on the NFL won't bet week 1 or will seriously reduce the amount they wage because it's so difficult to get right.
Why else? How about FG kicker! The Seibert kid ended the preseason on a good note, but lemme tell you, the actual season is a different animal, and how many times did we lose because of kicking just last year? Now we have a rookie kicker AND a punter?! Yeesh. That scares me to death. I can JUST SEE the game coming down to a kick.
Now, to be totally fair, I can make a lengthy post about why our Browns will WIN, but something about week 1 just terrifies me. Perhaps it's our history, or the immense covererage and hype we've received, but I just have a crazy feeling about this opener. I'm obviously still going to predict our Brownies to win cuz we have more talent overall, especially at QB and the DL, but I do believe it's going to be a damn war. The weather is supposed to be solid, and I love it. We're going to see some big time passing plays, but don't be totally surprised if we try very hard to pound the rock with Chubb. We're going to be in "12 formation" quite frequently (2 TE + 2 WR) and we're going to see what Chubb can deliver!
Browns 27
Titans 20
Baker 24-37 for 276 yards and 1 TD and 1 pick.
Chubb 21 carries for 139 yards and 2 TDs.
I've been waiting for a post like this and I'm super stoked to be discussing game 1. I'm so incredibly excited, I can't think of another time I felt this good about our team since coming back.
The team we're playing in the Titans wins more than they lose, and that's the important thing to remember. The Titans have a way of making the game an absolute mess, with many scores being something like 16-12 or whatever, lol. I have EVERY reason to believe this game will follow suit. Why? I'm glad you didn't ask! ?
So, as other posters have mentioned, we've essentially won ONE season opener since 'Nam. OK, ok, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. We're battling freaking history here, and for those of you who don't think that matters, I disagree. Weird shit happens week 1, and many who seriously bet on the NFL won't bet week 1 or will seriously reduce the amount they wage because it's so difficult to get right.
Why else? How about FG kicker! The Seibert kid ended the preseason on a good note, but lemme tell you, the actual season is a different animal, and how many times did we lose because of kicking just last year? Now we have a rookie kicker AND a punter?! Yeesh. That scares me to death. I can JUST SEE the game coming down to a kick.
Now, to be totally fair, I can make a lengthy post about why our Browns will WIN, but something about week 1 just terrifies me. Perhaps it's our history, or the immense covererage and hype we've received, but I just have a crazy feeling about this opener. I'm obviously still going to predict our Brownies to win cuz we have more talent overall, especially at QB and the DL, but I do believe it's going to be a damn war. The weather is supposed to be solid, and I love it. We're going to see some big time passing plays, but don't be totally surprised if we try very hard to pound the rock with Chubb. We're going to be in "12 formation" quite frequently (2 TE + 2 WR) and we're going to see what Chubb can deliver!
Browns 27
Titans 20
Baker 24-37 for 276 yards and 1 TD and 1 pick.
Chubb 21 carries for 139 yards and 2 TDs.
Good points, Jiggins. I wouldn't worry about the history of open day results, that's just history. Those teams were all pretty bad, none had this talent. You have to go back to the Marty-Bernie era for a Browns team with this much juice.
-
I doubt anybody on this board is overlooking or sleeping on any team ever.... been a bad team to long to think anything is in the bag...
I actually have some Browns' fan friends who do think week 1 is a cakewalk and in the bag. I think the only way TN is in it, with a shot to win, is if they win the turnover battle. If they get ahead, they can give a steady dose of that rushing attack.
I actually have some Browns' fan friends who do think week 1 is a cakewalk and in the bag. I think the only way TN is in it, with a shot to win, is if they win the turnover battle. If they get ahead, they can give a steady dose of that rushing attack.
Jurrel Casey lining up over Kush frightens me. This matchup could be a multiple drive killer whether penalty or tackle for loss and quite honestly I don’t see this game as up and down the field with the browns getting multiple opportunities. Tenn. is going with a steady dose of Henry run and delanie walker play-action short game. They will go quick pass on the outside and make Ward and Greedy tackle too. They don’t have as many options to win this game which is why you have still favor the browns.
the Browns will be better suited going hurry up on offense and getting the subs and oxygen tanks ready for our front 7 on defense. The more possessions for us the better chance we have.
-
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
Colin repeated his whole "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment.
On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

-
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
Colin repeated his whole "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment.
On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

Colin repeated his whole "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment.
On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

Oh, yea. She is only there for eye candy.
-
Colin repeated his whole "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment.
On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

Oh, yea. She is only there for eye candy.
Oh, yea. She is only there for eye candy.
Yeesh. She's ridiculous hot.
-
Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.?Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..?
Colin repeated his whole "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment.
On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

Don't listen much..I flipped it on at work when nfl radio had hours of individual training camp tours on for 3 weeks (? yawn).. She has the spicy sexy radio voice,no doubt..she had to be Collins former phone sex gal
...Never seen the show, just the radio voice.. so at first glance ? he might have paid for some lip service & some TV cleavage..so until she gets naked ? a solid score of 7.5
-
On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot?

Don't listen much..I flipped it on at work when nfl radio had hours of individual training camp tours on for 3 weeks (? yawn).. She has the spicy sexy radio voice,no doubt..she had to be Collins former phone sex gal
...Never seen the show, just the radio voice.. so at first glance ? he might have paid for some lip service & some TV cleavage..so until she gets naked ? a solid score of 7.5
Don't listen much..I flipped it on at work when nfl radio had hours of individual training camp tours on for 3 weeks (? yawn).. She has the spicy sexy radio voice,no doubt..she had to be Collins former phone sex gal
...Never seen the show, just the radio voice.. so at first glance ? he might have paid for some lip service & some TV cleavage..so until she gets naked ? a solid score of 7.5
A 7.5? I'm leaning more towards a 9. She does bum me out when she thinks she is smarter than she is. For instance, she said she is pretty sure every NFL team owns its own jet. And she said it with conviction. I think the Pats are the only ones who do. The rest charter.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login