Skip to content

WEEK 2 - BROWNS 2.5 point early favorite at the NY Jets week 2 & a brief history of MNF!

The Browns Board
45 13 1.5k
  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Sam Darnold is a surprise "out" against us Monday Night with mono. Spread is sure to move our way a bit more. Trevor Siemian is their back-up.

  • Sam Darnold is a surprise "out" against us Monday Night with mono. Spread is sure to move our way a bit more. Trevor Siemian is their back-up.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #23

    @jrb12711 said:

    Sam Darnold is a surprise "out" against us Monday Night with mono. Spread is sure to move our way a bit more. Trevor Siemian is their back-up.

    Also Le'Veon Bell getting an MRI on his shoulder.

  • Sam Darnold is a surprise "out" against us Monday Night with mono. Spread is sure to move our way a bit more. Trevor Siemian is their back-up.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #24

    @jrb12711 said:

    Sam Darnold is a surprise "out" against us Monday Night with mono. Spread is sure to move our way a bit more. Trevor Siemian is their back-up.

    Just in one book I saw has jumped it to CLE -6.5 and dropped the O/U to 42.5.

    Screenshot_2019-09-12_112242.jpg

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Sam Darnold is a surprise "out" against us Monday Night with mono. Spread is sure to move our way a bit more. Trevor Siemian is their back-up.

    Just in one book I saw has jumped it to CLE -6.5 and dropped the O/U to 42.5.

    Screenshot_2019-09-12_112242.jpg

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mjp28 said:

    Just in one book I saw has jumped it to CLE -6.5 and dropped the O/U to 42.5.

    Screenshot_2019-09-12_112242.jpg

    Those people who bought -2.5 must be excited!

  • @mjp28 said:

    Just in one book I saw has jumped it to CLE -6.5 and dropped the O/U to 42.5.

    Screenshot_2019-09-12_112242.jpg

    Those people who bought -2.5 must be excited!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jrb12711 said:

    Those people who bought -2.5 must be excited!

    Oh yes!  😁

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Plus the Yahoo line stayed at -2.5...

    Really the only line I care about. 😎

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Man, I wouldn't touch this game on a bet with someone else's money. On paper, I can make a solid argument that we should win. I don't see how the Jets are going to sustain enough drives to put enough points on the board, and scoring in the red zone is tough for STARTING QBS, let alone backups. I foresee us holding them to FG's, and also forcing a turnover or two. Maybe a 10-7 lead at the half, and a final game score of something like 23-13.

    HOWEVER...the NFL is very strange. Backup QBs blow up ALL time. Home crowds can really help,and believe it or not, the Browns are fighting through just being the Browns. I know that's not very scientific, but let's be real for a moment. 

    I'm extremely interested to see how this game shakes out, and when I say interested, I mean terrified. Lol. It's just so funny how you can't predict a single thing, and it would be no big deal for Jets defense to score a touchdown or two. It's what they do. 

    But you know what, it's a Monday night game and it's going to be fun. I'm definitely thinking an ugly type game, but I've been wrong before. I don't care how ugly it is as long as we win and Baker survives! Haha

  • Plus the Yahoo line stayed at -2.5...

    Really the only line I care about. 😎

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus the Yahoo line stayed at -2.5...

    Really the only line I care about. 😎

    For how long Tour? Like there's not going to be heavy betting on the Browns with that line?  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    That's absolutely crazy. We looked cataclysmic today in virtually every aspect of the game, and while it's only one game, what makes people think we're actually a decent team? Penalties don't just go away, and we're in total deep shit right now. I can't imagine we'd be favored on the road, but hey, you never know. Jets game can't get here soon enough. 

    jets suck too, by 2.5 points....thats why....

    medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @browns52 said:

    jets suck too, by 2.5 points....thats why....

    The home team gets close to 3 points (I think it is like 2.7777) and to have us on the road and getting the 3 and now the 3 is doubled? Sounds like  a trap game. I hope I am wrong but sounds like if you take the Jets and get a easy payday. Besides many have said for years that the NFL is fixed by Vegas and the Refs always seem to have a hard on for us. 

  • @browns52 said:

    jets suck too, by 2.5 points....thats why....

    The home team gets close to 3 points (I think it is like 2.7777) and to have us on the road and getting the 3 and now the 3 is doubled? Sounds like  a trap game. I hope I am wrong but sounds like if you take the Jets and get a easy payday. Besides many have said for years that the NFL is fixed by Vegas and the Refs always seem to have a hard on for us. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #31

    @medicineman said:

    The home team gets close to 3 points (I think it is like 2.7777) and to have us on the road and getting the 3 and now the 3 is doubled? Sounds like  a trap game. I hope I am wrong but sounds like if you take the Jets and get a easy payday. Besides many have said for years that the NFL is fixed by Vegas and the Refs always seem to have a hard on for us. 

    The home field advantage has always been 2-3 points for a hundred years and it is more or less in rare occasions nothing more than that.

    Lines are set by oddsmakers based on the teams strengths and weaknesses and move on how people bet to even the betting pool, they like it 50/50 if possible so the sports books do not lose money. 

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Only 2.5? Wow. I assumed it would be closer to 7, with all the key injuries for NY. 

  • Take Dallas and give away the points. They and NE are the class of the NFL.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @texasag1969 said:

    Take Dallas and give away the points. They and NE are the class of the NFL.

    Soooooo, Balt. and KC are chopped liver? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Take Dallas and give away the points. They and NE are the class of the NFL.

    Soooooo, Balt. and KC are chopped liver? 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #34

    @icecube said:

    Soooooo, Balt. and KC are chopped liver? 

    I wouldn't be putting the Ravens in KC's class- yet. They blew out a Miami team that is obviously tanking. FWIW, the Patriots are favored by 19 against the 'Fins, and I can't ever remember a spread that big in an NFL game. I'll put the Rams & Saints up in the top echelon until proven otherwise...  

  • @icecube said:

    Soooooo, Balt. and KC are chopped liver? 

    I wouldn't be putting the Ravens in KC's class- yet. They blew out a Miami team that is obviously tanking. FWIW, the Patriots are favored by 19 against the 'Fins, and I can't ever remember a spread that big in an NFL game. I'll put the Rams & Saints up in the top echelon until proven otherwise...  

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @hoorta said:

    I wouldn't be putting the Ravens in KC's class- yet. They blew out a Miami team that is obviously tanking. FWIW, the Patriots are favored by 19 against the 'Fins, and I can't ever remember a spread that big in an NFL game. I'll put the Rams & Saints up in the top echelon until proven otherwise...  

    Yea, Fins are rubbish, but everyone was assuming Jackson wouldn't be able to pass the ball....................whoops. He did. The rookie Brown takes the top off Ds, and add that to a team who can rush and play great D, and you got a force. I wouldn't say Balt. O is in the same class as KC, but their D is definitely better than theirs. And I'm not sure Dallas is elite, just because they bet a terrible NY team. I think in Dallas we are looking at a 10-6 type of team, maybe wins one playoff game like last year. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Three days to go......

    Screenshot_2019-09-13_193958.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Cleveland looks like a solid -6.5 favorite across the board on MNF this Saturday morning.......    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

    Screenshot_2019-09-14_081445.jpg

  • @tour2ma said:

    Plus the Yahoo line stayed at -2.5...

    Really the only line I care about. 😎

    For how long Tour? Like there's not going to be heavy betting on the Browns with that line?  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @hoorta said:

    For how long Tour? Like there's not going to be heavy betting on the Browns with that line?  

    Ummmmm... the Yahoo line froze on Thursday, h...

    Thus my use f the past tense, "stayed"...

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    That's absolutely crazy. We looked cataclysmic today in virtually every aspect of the game, and while it's only one game, what makes people think we're actually a decent team? Penalties don't just go away, and we're in total deep shit right now. I can't imagine we'd be favored on the road, but hey, you never know. Jets game can't get here soon enough. 

    Probably helps that the Jets lost to Buffalo...

    At 46 that O/U looks like a lock.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tour2ma said:

    Probably helps that the Jets lost to Buffalo...

    At 46 that O/U looks like a lock.

    And that half their team is hurt, including their starting QB.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Probably helps that the Jets lost to Buffalo...

    At 46 that O/U looks like a lock.

    And that half their team is hurt, including their starting QB.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @icecube said:

    And that half their team is hurt, including their starting QB.

    Biggest "Questionable" is Mosely (groin)... and not looking promising for him as he did not practice yesterday.

  • @icecube said:

    And that half their team is hurt, including their starting QB.

    Biggest "Questionable" is Mosely (groin)... and not looking promising for him as he did not practice yesterday.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tour2ma said:

    Biggest "Questionable" is Mosely (groin)... and not looking promising for him as he did not practice yesterday.

    Done Tour the big OUT.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001054353/article/jets-rule-out-cj-mosley-for-mnf-bell-questionable

    Pound these suckers, and get ready for the Rams....