Anderson top 5 backup QB - CBSSportline.com
-
@inspecta said:
Once again Inspecta is WAY ahead of the curve. I've been saying for about a year now that Anderson is one of the best backup QB's any team can have.Your humility astounds me.

I would love to keep Anderson as a backup. But, I'd be afraid to let him ever take the field if Quinn got injured. Not that I don't like him... its just that I fear of the fan backlash against the poor guy. Fans cheering when you're injured and taken off the field.... If that isn't a downer, I don't know what is.
-
He hasn't beaten a good defense with a strong offense.
I guess the Giants don't count.
I guess the Giants don't count.
His best game besides the first game against Cincy, I'll give you that. But take a look at other games (and this doesn't include losing to Oak and Cin in 2007, and Bal and Hou in 2008)
2008 vs.
Wash - Loss
Indy - Loss
Dallas - Loss
Pitt - Loss
2007 vs.
Pitt - Loss
NE - Loss
Ari - Loss
Any team that plays good defense and has a good offense, he cannot reach a higher level.
Not saying Quinn can. If DA had shown more I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. We kept Indy to 10 pts that game and what did he do?
He is too inconsistent to start for this team.
-
@inspecta said:
Once again Inspecta is WAY ahead of the curve. I've been saying for about a year now that Anderson is one of the best backup QB's any team can have. When he has no pressure and he's not "the man" he's a complete beast. Anderson's issues with his game are 100% mental. He has all the necessary physical tools for the game, he just happens to get flustered when his teammates turn to him in their time of need. He falls apart essentially.Actually, Inspecta has been touting the benefits of Derek "Sorgi" Anderson as a backup for a long time.
Some times it was just to pull Limburgher's chain. But still. Credit where it's due.

-
-
" Derek Anderson, Cleveland: Anderson isn't officially the backup with the Browns, so we're probably ahead of the curve here. But I say he winds up on the bench, which makes him a bona-fide top 5 pick. He was 10-5 as a starter in 2007, getting the Browns this close to the playoffs before bowing out, then benched a year later when the entire club went kaput. He's not particularly accurate, never completing more than 56.5 percent of his passes in any season, but he makes big plays.
I think back to a game I was covering in Baltimore in 2007 when the Browns seemed doomed following a last-minute Matt Stover field goal. Anderson hadn't done much for most of the afternoon, but he hit two passes in the last 26 seconds to set up a game-tying field goal as time expired. Then Cleveland won in overtime. Yep, that's Derek Anderson. When Braylon Edwards wasn't dropping every other pass, Anderson was a quarterback you could trust. I say he still is. "
" Derek Anderson, Cleveland: Anderson isn't officially the backup with the Browns, so we're probably ahead of the curve here. But I say he winds up on the bench, which makes him a bona-fide top 5 pick. He was 10-5 as a starter in 2007, getting the Browns this close to the playoffs before bowing out, then benched a year later when the entire club went kaput. He's not particularly accurate, never completing more than 56.5 percent of his passes in any season, but he makes big plays.
I think back to a game I was covering in Baltimore in 2007 when the Browns seemed doomed following a last-minute Matt Stover field goal. Anderson hadn't done much for most of the afternoon, but he hit two passes in the last 26 seconds to set up a game-tying field goal as time expired. Then Cleveland won in overtime. Yep, that's Derek Anderson. When Braylon Edwards wasn't dropping every other pass, Anderson was a quarterback you could trust. I say he still is. "
Yeah and I can remember Anderson shitting his pants in 2008 against Baltimore.
He Sucks.
-
I wholeheartedly (is that really a word) agree, Anderson sucks.... With the stellar defenses that we've assembled here for the past 9 years we should have won at least 4 superbowls by now.... I say kick him to the curb, he's the reason we've fallen short---that SOB.... How dare he crush the hopes and dreams of the Browns Nation.... Hanging just ain't good enough for him---damn!!!!!!
peace
T.Dawg
-
Roach recalls the experts on this board proclaiming, with certainty, that Anderson would not make it past February...then March....then the Draft....now it is after this upcoming season.
Roach agrees with the experts that there is certainty that Anderson will someday exit our roster. He is enjoyong watching them continue to pick these future dates. Eventually, they will be right (which, Roach presumes, is why they are considered experts).
-
Riffer appreciates the "expert" connotation.
It fits well, along with large package and studliness.
But hey, who am I to brag?
-
Zombo said:
Zombo thinks backing up a guy with one healthy start you better be good.Zombo think guy who talk about own package worse than guy who talks in third person.
Zombo talk like Tonto now.
Zombo like bacon.
Zombo.
Riffer talking about talking about size of cable package.
-
Roach recalls the experts on this board proclaiming, with certainty, that Anderson would not make it past February...then March....then the Draft....now it is after this upcoming season.
Roach agrees with the experts that there is certainty that Anderson will someday exit our roster. He is enjoyong watching them continue to pick these future dates. Eventually, they will be right (which, Roach presumes, is why they are considered experts).
Roach recalls the experts on this board proclaiming, with certainty, that Anderson would not make it past February...then March....then the Draft....now it is after this upcoming season.
That seems contradictory for those of us that understood the market value of Dumb Ass. I counted the same 31 No thank you's I clearly anticipated. Anyone else surprised by the pronounced lack of interest in DA? If anything, that guy you seem to be referring to was overrating the league-wide perception of Dumb Ass. That's kind of a compliment.
Folks, it's all about getting better. We call this phenomenon progress. When it's your 4th NFL season and you're only capable of leading your offense to 6 points on a night the most important rival can only score 10 points - there has to be a point where we deem this not good enough. At least we USED to do this when that rivalry mattered to the fanbase. If I look at Pitt matchups we've seen DA in - here we go: In 06, we scored 7 points. In 07, the first game that he participated in for 2.5 quarters he led us to 7 points. In the rematch, he had a nice first half, but our first 6-7 possessions in the 2nd half never exceeded a 3 and out, which kept putting a low rated and tired defense back on the field. And in 08, we couldn't score 1 TD vrs Pittsburgh via DA. If that's ALL we ask for - that's all the ownership needs to keep putting out there right?
I've seen a Dentist named David Mays beating Pittsburgh during their glory years after Lambert hit Sipe 10 yards out of bounds. I didn't have to read excuses like - the WIND was blowing in Ohio. If you look at DA's record vrs AFC opponents that won MORE than 8 games in the AFC over the 3 years of scattered starts he's had - you can only count 0 wins. Why am I supposed to celebrate we threw a first round draft pick away for this type of leader again?
- Tom F.
-
2 funny
-
Zombo said:
Zombo thinks
Zombo think
Zombo talk
Zombo like
Zombo.
He left out the best part:
Zombo drinks
Zombo forget thinks
Zombo not see police but police see Zombo
Zombo get ticket
Zombo need another beer
- Tom F. (There's been some legendary tailgates over the years)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login