Panic mode
-
Now if you would of kept us both there would not be all these arguments ...... everyone would be on the same page pulling in the same direction .......... the direction would be down but at least the board would be united ...
-
I'm not going to panic. 13-3 is still my prediction. The Titans are historically a team that gets under your skin and causes frustration. It was our first game, a very hyped and sold out game with very high expectations... in which we ended up playing right into the Titan's hands. We will be more poised and not so easily taken advantage of. The Oline situation went downhill very quickly, also helping the titans and compounding baker's protection. The next game should be a complete 180 degree turnaround- I would imagine an extended showing of their first scoring drive throughout the game. Hopeful that the ass whooping lights a fire under this team sooner rather than later. The giant is waking.
I'm not going to panic. 13-3 is still my prediction. The Titans are historically a team that gets under your skin and causes frustration. It was our first game, a very hyped and sold out game with very high expectations... in which we ended up playing right into the Titan's hands. We will be more poised and not so easily taken advantage of. The Oline situation went downhill very quickly, also helping the titans and compounding baker's protection. The next game should be a complete 180 degree turnaround- I would imagine an extended showing of their first scoring drive throughout the game. Hopeful that the ass whooping lights a fire under this team sooner rather than later. The giant is waking.
I appreciate you for not just freaking out and going all panic. But...you still think this is a 13-3 team? Hey, it's your right to believe how you wish, but I find 13-3 pie in the sky. So you see 13 wins vs. the rest of the opponents?
@NYJ, coin flip. Could win.
Rams - doubt it
@Ravens. Doubt it. Could easily be a blow out.
@9ers. Could win.
Seattle. Possible win.
@Pats. LOSS, they are better than they have been in a long time.
@Broncs. Should win
Bills. Could win, but they seem like they are improving.
Steelers. Could win.
Fins. Now _there's_ a win.
@Steelers - probably an L
Bungals - W
@Cards, I'm gonna say an L
Ravens - L
@Bungs - who knows
I see more like 8 wins, not 13
-
I see a max of 5-6 wins. Hopefully. Hope I'm wrong. But Kitchens should get the fuck out of the Kitchen and start eating keto.
-
That's where I'm at....full blown panic mode. Our team has been over hyped since last season. After watching that huge implosion yesterday, I can only speculate why this looks so bad. I didn't think we had excessive penalties in preseason. I put most of the blame on Freddie Kitchens. When a team of very good players looks like that, the HC is responsible. I really wanted Greg Williams to be retained as the new HC for this season. Freddie seems like a good guy, with a lot of potential, but to see the players respond this way...well, I have my doubts about him as a good head coach. I know it's only one game, but it was disgusting. Dorsey needs to find a quality LT and put together an o line. If not, Mayfield will never make it to the bye week.
sorry, I see that as wrong.Kitchens is the PERFECT coach to be Coach of the Browns. The players fought for a half, it was close - but game time is different - timing is different - and the Teets played like they were po'd at the attention and hype the Browns have been getting. and their defense
As far as "over-hyped"...sure...that is what the media does. But the changes to the Browns and their success the last third of last season does deserve some serious attention.
The Kardiac Kids, 1980, lost the first two games of their season. They ended up 11-6. Even week 12, they got hammered by the bungles.
The Browns lost their composure - the defense was being held like crazy, and the offense was being overrun. And don't anybody tell me there weren't non-calls and calls that benefitted the teets. The OPI on OBJ was a huge example. Their oline got away with a lot of crap that should have been called. Not so much on the Browns offensive line. I'm just sayin what I'm seein. Our LT Robinson got shoved down well after the play was over, NO CALL. The teet that shoved him seemed to be going after him again, and Robinson got po'd and put his foot up to his head to stop him, still on the ground, immediate call of UC and ejection of Robinson.
There are different examples the Browns suffer this crap. I believe some other teams see it, and bait the Browns, some of the Browns don't handle it well.
That will change.
Anyways...in 1980, the Browns went 11-6, but lost their first two games. And their first game they got hammered by the Patriots.
It's a long season. We'll see how it goes, but judging by the first game is just not valid. I'm concerned about the oline, but still, the Browns didn't have one of the best olines back then either. They will adapt.
1 September 7, 1980 at New England Patriots L 34–17 49,222 0–1 2 September 15, 1980 Houston Oilers L 16–7 80,243 0–2 3 September 21, 1980 Kansas City Chiefs W 20–13 63,614 1–2 4 September 28, 1980 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 34–27 65,540 2–2 5 October 5, 1980 Denver Broncos L 19–16 81,065 2–3 6 October 12, 1980 at Seattle Seahawks W 27–3 61,366 3–3 7 October 19, 1980 Green Bay Packers W 26–21 75,548 4–3 8 October 26, 1980 Pittsburgh Steelers W 27–26 79,095 5–3 9 November 3, 1980 Chicago Bears W 27–21 84,225 6–3 10 November 9, 1980 at Baltimore Colts W 28–27 45,369 7–3 11 November 16, 1980 at Pittsburgh Steelers L 16–13 54,563 7–4 12 November 23, 1980 Cincinnati Bengals W 31–7 79,253 8–4 13 November 30, 1980 at Houston Oilers W 17–14 51,514 9–4 14 December 7, 1980 New York Jets W 17–14 78,454 10–4 15 December 14, 1980 at Minnesota Vikings L 28–23 42,202 10–5 16 December 21, 1980 at Cincinnati Bengals W 27–24 50,058 11–5 sorry, I see that as wrong.Kitchens is the PERFECT coach to be Coach of the Browns. The players fought for a half, it was close - but game time is different - timing is different - and the Teets played like they were po'd at the attention and hype the Browns have been getting. and their defense
As far as "over-hyped"...sure...that is what the media does. But the changes to the Browns and their success the last third of last season does deserve some serious attention.
The Kardiac Kids, 1980, lost the first two games of their season. They ended up 11-6. Even week 12, they got hammered by the bungles.
The Browns lost their composure - the defense was being held like crazy, and the offense was being overrun. And don't anybody tell me there weren't non-calls and calls that benefitted the teets. The OPI on OBJ was a huge example. Their oline got away with a lot of crap that should have been called. Not so much on the Browns offensive line. I'm just sayin what I'm seein. Our LT Robinson got shoved down well after the play was over, NO CALL. The teet that shoved him seemed to be going after him again, and Robinson got po'd and put his foot up to his head to stop him, still on the ground, immediate call of UC and ejection of Robinson.
There are different examples the Browns suffer this crap. I believe some other teams see it, and bait the Browns, some of the Browns don't handle it well.
That will change.
Anyways...in 1980, the Browns went 11-6, but lost their first two games. And their first game they got hammered by the Patriots.
It's a long season. We'll see how it goes, but judging by the first game is just not valid. I'm concerned about the oline, but still, the Browns didn't have one of the best olines back then either. They will adapt.
1 September 7, 1980 at New England Patriots L 34–17 49,222 0–1 2 September 15, 1980 Houston Oilers L 16–7 80,243 0–2 3 September 21, 1980 Kansas City Chiefs W 20–13 63,614 1–2 4 September 28, 1980 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 34–27 65,540 2–2 5 October 5, 1980 Denver Broncos L 19–16 81,065 2–3 6 October 12, 1980 at Seattle Seahawks W 27–3 61,366 3–3 7 October 19, 1980 Green Bay Packers W 26–21 75,548 4–3 8 October 26, 1980 Pittsburgh Steelers W 27–26 79,095 5–3 9 November 3, 1980 Chicago Bears W 27–21 84,225 6–3 10 November 9, 1980 at Baltimore Colts W 28–27 45,369 7–3 11 November 16, 1980 at Pittsburgh Steelers L 16–13 54,563 7–4 12 November 23, 1980 Cincinnati Bengals W 31–7 79,253 8–4 13 November 30, 1980 at Houston Oilers W 17–14 51,514 9–4 14 December 7, 1980 New York Jets W 17–14 78,454 10–4 15 December 14, 1980 at Minnesota Vikings L 28–23 42,202 10–5 16 December 21, 1980 at Cincinnati Bengals W 27–24 50,058 11–5 That's nearly 4 decades ago. I really don't see how it applies to now.
-
I see a max of 5-6 wins. Hopefully. Hope I'm wrong. But Kitchens should get the fuck out of the Kitchen and start eating keto.
But Kitchens should get the fuck out of the Kitchen and start eating keto.
whats your thoughts on the media-less worry of the Steve Wilks defense? not a injury all day on D, and gave up over 40 on scoreboard.. shall we blame Freddie too?
-
But Kitchens should get the fuck out of the Kitchen and start eating keto.
whats your thoughts on the media-less worry of the Steve Wilks defense? not a injury all day on D, and gave up over 40 on scoreboard.. shall we blame Freddie too?
whats your thoughts on the media-less worry of the Steve Wilks defense? not a injury all day on D, and gave up over 40 on scoreboard.. shall we blame Freddie too?
I think Wilks got a big serving of humble pie. Titans had two OL starters out of the game and our vaunted DL looked very average. We didn't have Mariota scared or anything. They used rollouts and quick passes to nullify any rush we tried with a blitz, and when we DID blitz, it usually wasn't successful.
The Jets' offense doesn't scare me too much, but their defense does. CJ Mosley got dinged up, but I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. It's going to be crazy, and Baker CANNOT hold onto the ball this game and he can't turn it over. Our OL is in deep shit, and I don't see it getting fixed overnight. Oddly enough, it wasn't our RG that was the issue, it was our tackles. Gregg Williams is going to bring more pressure than you've ever seen. I'm hoping for the best, but it has the potential to be ugly for us.
If we can keep the score close, drastically reduce penalties, and win turnover battle, we can win a close, ugly game. If we lay another egg, then yes...panic time.
-
whats your thoughts on the media-less worry of the Steve Wilks defense? not a injury all day on D, and gave up over 40 on scoreboard.. shall we blame Freddie too?
I think Wilks got a big serving of humble pie. Titans had two OL starters out of the game and our vaunted DL looked very average. We didn't have Mariota scared or anything. They used rollouts and quick passes to nullify any rush we tried with a blitz, and when we DID blitz, it usually wasn't successful.
The Jets' offense doesn't scare me too much, but their defense does. CJ Mosley got dinged up, but I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. It's going to be crazy, and Baker CANNOT hold onto the ball this game and he can't turn it over. Our OL is in deep shit, and I don't see it getting fixed overnight. Oddly enough, it wasn't our RG that was the issue, it was our tackles. Gregg Williams is going to bring more pressure than you've ever seen. I'm hoping for the best, but it has the potential to be ugly for us.
If we can keep the score close, drastically reduce penalties, and win turnover battle, we can win a close, ugly game. If we lay another egg, then yes...panic time.
We didn't have Mariota scared or anything. They used rollouts and quick passes to nullify any rush we tried with a blitz, and when we DID blitz, it usually wasn't successful
not from what i was reading on espn..In week 1, the vaunted browns defense rank 3rd best at 46.7%, where QB's dropped back & was sacked,under duress in their dress or hit...well, Both Qb's including sacks were hit 12 times each..if they have a duress replay booth counts? Baker was under duress till he pulled up in his home driveway..Proven again, stat reads are meaningless.The new titans DC Dean Pees saw Baker & Freddie last season at last game in Baltimore..Pees sat up in our booth and made fools out of both, most of the day faking schemes & fronts & mainly in coverage's/all 22. my guess is when Balt. decided to strip his defense in Balt...Pees response to Balt. was "i accepted a better one"... i can see why they hired Pees & left us with the leftovers....next, I'll watch the 2nd half of the all 22 with my rose colored glasses on ?..see ya ?
-
Yeah, I heard the stats and was a bit shocked. To be totally honest, Wilks got owned by the screen pass, and he really should've seen it coming. That one play. That one 75 yard pass play that Wilks should have seen a mile away. Now, to be fair, Wilks wasn't on the field and out of position, but he HAD to know the Titans were rolling that play out. The crowd was amped, the offense SOMEHOW put a drive together, and we needed the defense to get a stop, possibly even hold to a FG. The ONLY THING that just couldn't happen was that 75 yard TD. It was simply the icing on the crappy cake, and it essentially ended the game. Offense pressed, defense gave up, and kaboom. Blowout.
Do I think we'll completely shit the bed in virtually EVERY category again Monday? No, I don't, but I don't see this game going well for us either. I see penalties out the wazoo again, frustration abound for our players, and getting nickel and dimed by Sam Darnold throwing that abominable horizontal WR screen play. We'll have to hold them to 3, hit on a deep shot or two, and hang on for dear life. Winning in the NFL is just so difficult, and we're facing judgment day.
-
This wasn't just a loss. This was the first impression of the 2019 Cleveland Browns. You know...the new media darlings with all the talent in the world. The new coach, promoted from rb coach, skipping over several steps to become the new HC of the new, improved, playoffs bound Browns. The changing of the losing culture,..blah, blah, blah. We played better with much less talent last season. I don't blame the offense that much. Mayfield was bringing the team back until the 75 yard TD by the Titans. That was the final nail in the coffin. Where was the defense on that play? No where near the action...that's for sure. Buying into the hype of having a winning season for once? Yeah...I'm guilty. Damn I'm gullible!
If you care what the media says then you're absolutely right but the loss is on you. Who gives a shit what the media thinks. It's a loss. Browns fans should already know how to lose. Get over it. Week 2 coming. Nobody told you to set your expectations that high. Put a quarter in your ass... you played yourself.
If you care what the media says then you're absolutely right but the loss is on you. Who gives a shit what the media thinks. It's a loss. Browns fans should already know how to lose. Get over it. Week 2 coming. Nobody told you to set your expectations that high. Put a quarter in your ass... you played yourself.
Wtf? Expecting this Browns team to win their first home opener since 2005 is "setting our expectations too high?"
Get the fuck out of here.
-
I remember in 1986 we went 12-4 and played the Bengals on MNF and got destroyed, in fact I believe our only TD that game came from a Blocked Punt,Kosar and the boys could not get anything going. We should not panic.....yet
-
I remember in 1986 we went 12-4 and played the Bengals on MNF and got destroyed, in fact I believe our only TD that game came from a Blocked Punt,Kosar and the boys could not get anything going. We should not panic.....yet
I remember in 1986 we went 12-4 and played the Bengals on MNF and got destroyed, in fact I believe our only TD that game came from a Blocked Punt,Kosar and the boys could not get anything going. We should not panic.....yet
Not panic. But get focused. 18 flags is loco.
-
I remember in 1986 we went 12-4 and played the Bengals on MNF and got destroyed, in fact I believe our only TD that game came from a Blocked Punt,Kosar and the boys could not get anything going. We should not panic.....yet
Not panic. But get focused. 18 flags is loco.
Not panic. But get focused. 18 flags is loco.
I think the problem is we're a loss AWAY from panic mode. The problem with that many penalties is that they will build on themselves. In other words, the refs are going to know we were heavily penalized, so they're going to be looking very hard at our team. You know Greg Robinson gets called differently than other people, and some of that is warranted, some of it isn't fair. I don't think we're going to have freaking 18 penalties or anything close to that number, but we're going to have a good (bad) amount. I'd guess 9 total penalties for 80ish yards.
I just watched the recent episode of Building the Browns and I'm sick to my stomach. They went through the game highlights and what happened and it's totally sickening. I just hope our boys respond...for the city, the fans everywhere, and for themselves.
-
Not panic. But get focused. 18 flags is loco.
I think the problem is we're a loss AWAY from panic mode. The problem with that many penalties is that they will build on themselves. In other words, the refs are going to know we were heavily penalized, so they're going to be looking very hard at our team. You know Greg Robinson gets called differently than other people, and some of that is warranted, some of it isn't fair. I don't think we're going to have freaking 18 penalties or anything close to that number, but we're going to have a good (bad) amount. I'd guess 9 total penalties for 80ish yards.
I just watched the recent episode of Building the Browns and I'm sick to my stomach. They went through the game highlights and what happened and it's totally sickening. I just hope our boys respond...for the city, the fans everywhere, and for themselves.
I think the problem is we're a loss AWAY from panic mode. The problem with that many penalties is that they will build on themselves. In other words, the refs are going to know we were heavily penalized, so they're going to be looking very hard at our team. You know Greg Robinson gets called differently than other people, and some of that is warranted, some of it isn't fair. I don't think we're going to have freaking 18 penalties or anything close to that number, but we're going to have a good (bad) amount. I'd guess 9 total penalties for 80ish yards.
I just watched the recent episode of Building the Browns and I'm sick to my stomach. They went through the game highlights and what happened and it's totally sickening. I just hope our boys respond...for the city, the fans everywhere, and for themselves.
Not to mention....when players are cussing at referees, whenever there is a questionable penalty, they are always going to call it.
-
If you care what the media says then you're absolutely right but the loss is on you. Who gives a shit what the media thinks. It's a loss. Browns fans should already know how to lose. Get over it. Week 2 coming. Nobody told you to set your expectations that high. Put a quarter in your ass... you played yourself.
Oh....so, tell me you expected the Titans to come in here and beat our asses? You are full of crap. It's not just the media. When the Browns are favored by 5.5 points, that tells me something. Bookies are usually right, with a few exceptions. The media is one thing, but there was nothing to indicate this team would be so undisciplined. Nothing positive from the 2nd half of last season carried over. They fell right back into the same crap we've seen for years. If you didn't see that in the 4th quarter against the Titans, you need to open your eyes. I do not want a coaching change for many years, so hopefully Kitchens will learn how to become a HC. We can't keep firing head coaches. We've already proven that does not work.
Oh....so, tell me you expected the Titans to come in here and beat our asses? You are full of crap. It's not just the media. When the Browns are favored by 5.5 points, that tells me something. Bookies are usually right, with a few exceptions. The media is one thing, but there was nothing to indicate this team would be so undisciplined. Nothing positive from the 2nd half of last season carried over. They fell right back into the same crap we've seen for years. If you didn't see that in the 4th quarter against the Titans, you need to open your eyes. I do not want a coaching change for many years, so hopefully Kitchens will learn how to become a HC. We can't keep firing head coaches. We've already proven that does not work.
I knew this game would be close. Titans are not a bad team. Not great. Not bad. If you think 4 preseason games is enough for a team to mesh especially when they sat starters for all 4 games you're just too caught up in the hype... be realistic. Ok if you think this is the same shit we been seeing for years stop watching. You already know how this is going to play out right? 1 loss and its... back to the same Browns... fire Kitchens... hahaha. Before hitting submit reply just read what you're typing. You're being dramatic.
-
If you care what the media says then you're absolutely right but the loss is on you. Who gives a shit what the media thinks. It's a loss. Browns fans should already know how to lose. Get over it. Week 2 coming. Nobody told you to set your expectations that high. Put a quarter in your ass... you played yourself.
Wtf? Expecting this Browns team to win their first home opener since 2005 is "setting our expectations too high?"
Get the fuck out of here.
Wtf? Expecting this Browns team to win their first home opener since 2005 is "setting our expectations too high?"
Get the fuck out of here.
Complete panic mode after 1 game... stop watching then. A home opener is just that... a home opener. It's doesnt count as 2 wins. You dont get a shiny trophy for winning your first game. We lost so what. Yes that stat is ugly but complete panic mode? You and OP need to go play somewhere when grown men are talking football.
-
Oh....so, tell me you expected the Titans to come in here and beat our asses? You are full of crap. It's not just the media. When the Browns are favored by 5.5 points, that tells me something. Bookies are usually right, with a few exceptions. The media is one thing, but there was nothing to indicate this team would be so undisciplined. Nothing positive from the 2nd half of last season carried over. They fell right back into the same crap we've seen for years. If you didn't see that in the 4th quarter against the Titans, you need to open your eyes. I do not want a coaching change for many years, so hopefully Kitchens will learn how to become a HC. We can't keep firing head coaches. We've already proven that does not work.
I knew this game would be close. Titans are not a bad team. Not great. Not bad. If you think 4 preseason games is enough for a team to mesh especially when they sat starters for all 4 games you're just too caught up in the hype... be realistic. Ok if you think this is the same shit we been seeing for years stop watching. You already know how this is going to play out right? 1 loss and its... back to the same Browns... fire Kitchens... hahaha. Before hitting submit reply just read what you're typing. You're being dramatic.
I knew this game would be close. Titans are not a bad team. Not great. Not bad. If you think 4 preseason games is enough for a team to mesh especially when they sat starters for all 4 games you're just too caught up in the hype... be realistic. Ok if you think this is the same shit we been seeing for years stop watching. You already know how this is going to play out right? 1 loss and its... back to the same Browns... fire Kitchens... hahaha. Before hitting submit reply just read what you're typing. You're being dramatic.
Nobody said to fire Kitchens. You obviously have a comprehension disability. Which game was close? It sure as hell wasn't this game after the 3rd quarter.
-
I knew this game would be close. Titans are not a bad team. Not great. Not bad. If you think 4 preseason games is enough for a team to mesh especially when they sat starters for all 4 games you're just too caught up in the hype... be realistic. Ok if you think this is the same shit we been seeing for years stop watching. You already know how this is going to play out right? 1 loss and its... back to the same Browns... fire Kitchens... hahaha. Before hitting submit reply just read what you're typing. You're being dramatic.
Nobody said to fire Kitchens. You obviously have a comprehension disability. Which game was close? It sure as hell wasn't this game after the 3rd quarter.
Nobody said to fire Kitchens. You obviously have a comprehension disability. Which game was close? It sure as hell wasn't this game after the 3rd quarter.
I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. ???
-
Nobody said to fire Kitchens. You obviously have a comprehension disability. Which game was close? It sure as hell wasn't this game after the 3rd quarter.
I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. ???
I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. ???
Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.
-
I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. ???
Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.
-
I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. ???
Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.
Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.
Not mad but you're name calling. Haha. I'll watch the game twice that way if I didn't watch close enough the first time I have a second chance at it. Oh I'll try to learn the game. Hopefully we get a lot of three pointers.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login