Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Flags/Penalties

Flags/Penalties

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
105 Posts 28 Posters 3.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Gunz41 Gunz41G Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 1k Posts
    • 283 Reputation
    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Just watched the Henry 75 yard TD. Unless you guys had a better video than I did, there is no penalty on that play. 

    The Landry play on the sideline was on him. 

    I just found a video of all the penalties:

    1. Not a blindside block 

    2. Is absolutely the right call for Roughing the passer 

    3. Double team, there is a double team, cant argue that 1

    4. Unnecessary roughness on Garrett. Absolutely 

    5. Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

    6. Roughing the passer on Richardson was the right call. They are protecting the QB more and more and it was not needed. 

    7. Offsides- yeah

    8. The kick. It was absolutely a kick and he should be suspended 

    9. False start. I can't say I see it. Looks like maybe his hand moves

    10. Offensive PI. I'm sorry but it is. He pushes off to gain separation 

    11. Holding. It was but not one of the worst holds I have seen. But he does hold him at the POA

    12. Illegal use of hands and hold on PR. Video really didn't show it

    13. False start. No way to dispute it

    14. Hold on Harris. Clear hold

    15. 2nd hold on Harris, probably but not nearly as bad

    16. Hold on Ward. It wasn't in the video and no replay. It appears that Myles was held on the play

    17. Hold on Hubbard absolutely 

    I/or the video must have missed one. And this doesn't take into account ones that were missed on the Titans. But since I couldn't see the game I figured I would try to find a video since people were making it out to be so bad.

    2 that I didn't think were flags, a couple that were penalties but could have been no calls, and a couple couldn't see in video.

    S bjh2130B FlugelF 4 Replies Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • Gunz41G Gunz41

      Just watched the Henry 75 yard TD. Unless you guys had a better video than I did, there is no penalty on that play. 

      The Landry play on the sideline was on him. 

      I just found a video of all the penalties:

      1. Not a blindside block 

      2. Is absolutely the right call for Roughing the passer 

      3. Double team, there is a double team, cant argue that 1

      4. Unnecessary roughness on Garrett. Absolutely 

      5. Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

      6. Roughing the passer on Richardson was the right call. They are protecting the QB more and more and it was not needed. 

      7. Offsides- yeah

      8. The kick. It was absolutely a kick and he should be suspended 

      9. False start. I can't say I see it. Looks like maybe his hand moves

      10. Offensive PI. I'm sorry but it is. He pushes off to gain separation 

      11. Holding. It was but not one of the worst holds I have seen. But he does hold him at the POA

      12. Illegal use of hands and hold on PR. Video really didn't show it

      13. False start. No way to dispute it

      14. Hold on Harris. Clear hold

      15. 2nd hold on Harris, probably but not nearly as bad

      16. Hold on Ward. It wasn't in the video and no replay. It appears that Myles was held on the play

      17. Hold on Hubbard absolutely 

      I/or the video must have missed one. And this doesn't take into account ones that were missed on the Titans. But since I couldn't see the game I figured I would try to find a video since people were making it out to be so bad.

      2 that I didn't think were flags, a couple that were penalties but could have been no calls, and a couple couldn't see in video.

      SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @gunz41 said:

      Just watched the Henry 75 yard TD. Unless you guys had a better video than I did, there is no penalty on that play. 

      The Landry play on the sideline was on him. 

      I just found a video of all the penalties:

      1. Not a blindside block 

      2. Is absolutely the right call for Roughing the passer 

      3. Double team, there is a double team, cant argue that 1

      4. Unnecessary roughness on Garrett. Absolutely 

      5. Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

      6. Roughing the passer on Richardson was the right call. They are protecting the QB more and more and it was not needed. 

      7. Offsides- yeah

      8. The kick. It was absolutely a kick and he should be suspended 

      9. False start. I can't say I see it. Looks like maybe his hand moves

      10. Offensive PI. I'm sorry but it is. He pushes off to gain separation 

      11. Holding. It was but not one of the worst holds I have seen. But he does hold him at the POA

      12. Illegal use of hands and hold on PR. Video really didn't show it

      13. False start. No way to dispute it

      14. Hold on Harris. Clear hold

      15. 2nd hold on Harris, probably but not nearly as bad

      16. Hold on Ward. It wasn't in the video and no replay. It appears that Myles was held on the play

      17. Hold on Hubbard absolutely 

      I/or the video must have missed one. And this doesn't take into account ones that were missed on the Titans. But since I couldn't see the game I figured I would try to find a video since people were making it out to be so bad.

      2 that I didn't think were flags, a couple that were penalties but could have been no calls, and a couple couldn't see in video.

      The Henry 75 yard TD they were talking about illegal man down field possibly.  I didn’t really focus on that but it was apparently close. The more egregious error was the hook/hold and then possibly block in the back right in front of Henry after he caught the ball. That gets called most of the Time.  The lineman head may have snuck in front but he tagged him in the back shoulder. 

      Not taking anything else away - Heck of a play call and it was executed well.  But if we are calling the game tightly as they did I don’t know how you overlook that one.

      QB safety and those calls have no problem with those either they were cautious all game even to our detriment when Baker was ruled in the grasp way too early.

      the interior holds were either way too picky or you were thinking how did they miss that one and I’m talking both ways.  I watched the giants game right after ours- they let the interior line play go- there were some guys tackling LBs that they didn’t call. 

      Gunz41G Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • S SdBacker80

        @gunz41 said:

        Just watched the Henry 75 yard TD. Unless you guys had a better video than I did, there is no penalty on that play. 

        The Landry play on the sideline was on him. 

        I just found a video of all the penalties:

        1. Not a blindside block 

        2. Is absolutely the right call for Roughing the passer 

        3. Double team, there is a double team, cant argue that 1

        4. Unnecessary roughness on Garrett. Absolutely 

        5. Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

        6. Roughing the passer on Richardson was the right call. They are protecting the QB more and more and it was not needed. 

        7. Offsides- yeah

        8. The kick. It was absolutely a kick and he should be suspended 

        9. False start. I can't say I see it. Looks like maybe his hand moves

        10. Offensive PI. I'm sorry but it is. He pushes off to gain separation 

        11. Holding. It was but not one of the worst holds I have seen. But he does hold him at the POA

        12. Illegal use of hands and hold on PR. Video really didn't show it

        13. False start. No way to dispute it

        14. Hold on Harris. Clear hold

        15. 2nd hold on Harris, probably but not nearly as bad

        16. Hold on Ward. It wasn't in the video and no replay. It appears that Myles was held on the play

        17. Hold on Hubbard absolutely 

        I/or the video must have missed one. And this doesn't take into account ones that were missed on the Titans. But since I couldn't see the game I figured I would try to find a video since people were making it out to be so bad.

        2 that I didn't think were flags, a couple that were penalties but could have been no calls, and a couple couldn't see in video.

        The Henry 75 yard TD they were talking about illegal man down field possibly.  I didn’t really focus on that but it was apparently close. The more egregious error was the hook/hold and then possibly block in the back right in front of Henry after he caught the ball. That gets called most of the Time.  The lineman head may have snuck in front but he tagged him in the back shoulder. 

        Not taking anything else away - Heck of a play call and it was executed well.  But if we are calling the game tightly as they did I don’t know how you overlook that one.

        QB safety and those calls have no problem with those either they were cautious all game even to our detriment when Baker was ruled in the grasp way too early.

        the interior holds were either way too picky or you were thinking how did they miss that one and I’m talking both ways.  I watched the giants game right after ours- they let the interior line play go- there were some guys tackling LBs that they didn’t call. 

        Gunz41 Gunz41G Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 1k Posts
        • 283 Reputation
        Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @sdbacker80 said:

        The Henry 75 yard TD they were talking about illegal man down field possibly.  I didn’t really focus on that but it was apparently close. The more egregious error was the hook/hold and then possibly block in the back right in front of Henry after he caught the ball. That gets called most of the Time.  The lineman head may have snuck in front but he tagged him in the back shoulder. 

        Not taking anything else away - Heck of a play call and it was executed well.  But if we are calling the game tightly as they did I don’t know how you overlook that one.

        QB safety and those calls have no problem with those either they were cautious all game even to our detriment when Baker was ruled in the grasp way too early.

        the interior holds were either way too picky or you were thinking how did they miss that one and I’m talking both ways.  I watched the giants game right after ours- they let the interior line play go- there were some guys tackling LBs that they didn’t call. 

        It isnt a penalty. He starts in front, the defender turns which is where you see him in his back, he never hooks him, and he isn't tackled like I saw some say, he just drives him into the ground.

        S 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Gunz41 Gunz41G Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 1k Posts
          • 283 Reputation
          Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          It wouldn't let me put the url in.

          Go to YouTube and type Every Browns Penalty...

          And I am sure everyone can find the Henry TD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
            #5

            OK, so while at work I listened to 92 The Fan and I heard some callers ranting about the penalties (ok, WOW, more penalties than since before I was born....and that was a loooong time ago) and I heard rants about Freddie.  He's a bad coach and he should be fired.

            🙂

            Ya have to laugh...or else you'll go nuts.

            We had a defense drive where WE drove the Titans right down the field with penalties.  That was bad, of course.  And then we started going through offensive tackles.  Our LT literally kicked himself out of the game.  And then his replacement promptly got hurt.  We had to move our, not all that good, RT to the left side and we brought in a guy to play who wasn't even on the team a couple of weeks ago.  -  That, of course, was a recipe for MORE penalties (holding onto defensive pass rushers).

            Obviously, the game snowballed out of control after that.  Baker tried to do too much, receivers were trying to turn a completion into a big play by running back and forth (this sets them up for fumbles or injury).

            After starting off as a pleasant dream it turned into a nightmare.

            THE GAME HAS TO BE THROWN INTO THE TRASH BIN

            Obviously, you have to go over the game, extract the learning points and talk/teach the corrections.  And that includes the things that the coaches can do differently.  (as I said after the game, I would've liked to see some runs called for some of those 2nd & 3rd and ones that we had)

            Freddie didn't do anything to warrant being called a bad HC.  He's a 1st year HC.  He is going to have to learn the nuances of the in-game job of a HC.  He's got some experienced and smart coordinators and assistants.  They will talk, Freddie will grow.  As the season goes along he will grow more.  He's an aggressive play caller.  He likes to pass.  - I like that -  You wanna be successful, be aggressive and be able to pass.  Of course, you HAVE to be able to run the ball to some degree.  And we can.  But we didn't.  - mistake - With our OL turning into such a decimated mess in the 2nd quarter, we should've been telling those guys to 'knock the guy in front of you on his ass'.  Some running would've given the OL a little confidence.  And if the Titans would've bunched up to stop the run, then simply chuck it to one of our receiving weapons.  Run to set up the pass. (which is the opposite of what is usually required in today's NFL...but with two guys out of your OL and new guys playing, it was what was called for) 

            This is the ultimate Wake Up call.  Getting lambasted in game 1.

            Before we start calling for Freddie's head, let's see how he guides the team through this.

            Before wanting him fired, let's what bad game-day decisions he makes.  Use of time outs. Use of the red flags. Go for it or punt.  etc., etc.

            Freddie has had ONE regular season game as HC  (I know, I've counted)  🙂  I've heard him say that we'll find out what kind of team we are when adversity hits and how we handle it.  Well, adversity time arrived at the right time.  While there's plenty of season left to fix it.  

            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
            1 Reply Last reply
            ❤
            Quote Reply
            • Gunz41G Gunz41

              @sdbacker80 said:

              The Henry 75 yard TD they were talking about illegal man down field possibly.  I didn’t really focus on that but it was apparently close. The more egregious error was the hook/hold and then possibly block in the back right in front of Henry after he caught the ball. That gets called most of the Time.  The lineman head may have snuck in front but he tagged him in the back shoulder. 

              Not taking anything else away - Heck of a play call and it was executed well.  But if we are calling the game tightly as they did I don’t know how you overlook that one.

              QB safety and those calls have no problem with those either they were cautious all game even to our detriment when Baker was ruled in the grasp way too early.

              the interior holds were either way too picky or you were thinking how did they miss that one and I’m talking both ways.  I watched the giants game right after ours- they let the interior line play go- there were some guys tackling LBs that they didn’t call. 

              It isnt a penalty. He starts in front, the defender turns which is where you see him in his back, he never hooks him, and he isn't tackled like I saw some say, he just drives him into the ground.

              SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @gunz41 said:

              It isnt a penalty. He starts in front, the defender turns which is where you see him in his back, he never hooks him, and he isn't tackled like I saw some say, he just drives him into the ground.

              5C14A6C6-0800-45F9-8730-334007367137.jpeg

              O 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
                #7

                The illegal man down field is borderline the block was in the back-  his dang hands were on his back 

                i say hold because he catches his arm/shoulder area locks on and then finishes the block with his hands on his back driving him to the ground. 

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • TypicalBrowns50 TypicalBrowns50T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 609 Posts
                  • 292 Reputation
                  TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Refs fucking sucked regardless. And our young dudes got baited by the titans all day. Titans played a better football game. Without the penalties the game is completely different 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    BFBAFD9F-D0F3-44B7-9AC7-DF5F87EC23BF.jpeg

                    O 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      We lost we deserved to lose but they missed this call

                      medicinemanM 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Gunz41G Gunz41

                        Just watched the Henry 75 yard TD. Unless you guys had a better video than I did, there is no penalty on that play. 

                        The Landry play on the sideline was on him. 

                        I just found a video of all the penalties:

                        1. Not a blindside block 

                        2. Is absolutely the right call for Roughing the passer 

                        3. Double team, there is a double team, cant argue that 1

                        4. Unnecessary roughness on Garrett. Absolutely 

                        5. Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

                        6. Roughing the passer on Richardson was the right call. They are protecting the QB more and more and it was not needed. 

                        7. Offsides- yeah

                        8. The kick. It was absolutely a kick and he should be suspended 

                        9. False start. I can't say I see it. Looks like maybe his hand moves

                        10. Offensive PI. I'm sorry but it is. He pushes off to gain separation 

                        11. Holding. It was but not one of the worst holds I have seen. But he does hold him at the POA

                        12. Illegal use of hands and hold on PR. Video really didn't show it

                        13. False start. No way to dispute it

                        14. Hold on Harris. Clear hold

                        15. 2nd hold on Harris, probably but not nearly as bad

                        16. Hold on Ward. It wasn't in the video and no replay. It appears that Myles was held on the play

                        17. Hold on Hubbard absolutely 

                        I/or the video must have missed one. And this doesn't take into account ones that were missed on the Titans. But since I couldn't see the game I figured I would try to find a video since people were making it out to be so bad.

                        2 that I didn't think were flags, a couple that were penalties but could have been no calls, and a couple couldn't see in video.

                        bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 448 Reputation
                        bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
                        #11

                        @gunz41 said:

                        Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

                        I'll go back through and watch but this one right here was garbage.  If its holding it means he did it before the ball was in the air. Randall was never 5 within 5 yards of him until the ball was in the air. You can't have defensive holding when the ball is in the air. That's called pass interference. Officials don't confuse the two lol. If they had called p.i. it was maybe but his off hand didn't turn his body so unlikely called but they literally just made up the call of defensive holding. 

                        Also of note the o p.i. you agree with that defender actually made illegal contact and held more than randall did here.  Him and OBJ were just hand fighting. I was for calling neither but typically they don't call an offensive player for fighting off a guy who is holding them on their route.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Gunz41G Gunz41

                          Just watched the Henry 75 yard TD. Unless you guys had a better video than I did, there is no penalty on that play. 

                          The Landry play on the sideline was on him. 

                          I just found a video of all the penalties:

                          1. Not a blindside block 

                          2. Is absolutely the right call for Roughing the passer 

                          3. Double team, there is a double team, cant argue that 1

                          4. Unnecessary roughness on Garrett. Absolutely 

                          5. Defensive hold. He was a little early, that one could go either way. Wasn't egregious 

                          6. Roughing the passer on Richardson was the right call. They are protecting the QB more and more and it was not needed. 

                          7. Offsides- yeah

                          8. The kick. It was absolutely a kick and he should be suspended 

                          9. False start. I can't say I see it. Looks like maybe his hand moves

                          10. Offensive PI. I'm sorry but it is. He pushes off to gain separation 

                          11. Holding. It was but not one of the worst holds I have seen. But he does hold him at the POA

                          12. Illegal use of hands and hold on PR. Video really didn't show it

                          13. False start. No way to dispute it

                          14. Hold on Harris. Clear hold

                          15. 2nd hold on Harris, probably but not nearly as bad

                          16. Hold on Ward. It wasn't in the video and no replay. It appears that Myles was held on the play

                          17. Hold on Hubbard absolutely 

                          I/or the video must have missed one. And this doesn't take into account ones that were missed on the Titans. But since I couldn't see the game I figured I would try to find a video since people were making it out to be so bad.

                          2 that I didn't think were flags, a couple that were penalties but could have been no calls, and a couple couldn't see in video.

                          bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 448 Reputation
                          bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
                          #12

                          @gunz41 said:

                          Hold on Harris. Clear hold

                          This one they actually showed the replay of during the game. It was anything but a clear hold on Harris. It was a hell of a block. The announcers even said "they had to have the wrong number there maybe it was on njoku" or something along those lines. Regardless it wasn't a clear hold on Harris. 

                          I don't blame the officials at all for the game. the browns got out toughed out played and out coaches. The browns showed no discipline. My last two posts were just to say the refs did make mistakes that didn't effect the outcome of the game, but you just blindly saying they were right doesn't make you look any better than all the guys at my work today who solely blamed the officials. The browns earned 85-90% of those calls. 

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • TypicalBrowns50 TypicalBrowns50T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 609 Posts
                            • 292 Reputation
                            TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            He proved yesterday that he isn’t much of a head coach so far. Prolly the worst HC of the league as far as performance goes. Dolphins are tanking so they don’t count. Flores had a better game 1, even Sean Taylor of Cincy showed more promise game 1 than Kitchens. 

                            CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC 1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                              • 28k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Kitchens should never have been hired to begin with.

                              "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50

                                He proved yesterday that he isn’t much of a head coach so far. Prolly the worst HC of the league as far as performance goes. Dolphins are tanking so they don’t count. Flores had a better game 1, even Sean Taylor of Cincy showed more promise game 1 than Kitchens. 

                                CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 2k Posts
                                • 390 Reputation
                                CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @typicalbrowns50 said:

                                He proved yesterday that he isn’t much of a head coach so far. Prolly the worst HC of the league as far as performance goes. 

                                It wasn’t a good job playcalling the play action on the 1 yard line after Hilliard let a 70 yard punt roll to the 3. The whole team sucked not just Kitchens.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • Gunz41 Gunz41G Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 283 Reputation
                                  Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

                                  As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                  And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                  As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

                                  On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                  S CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC bjh2130B 3 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Gunz41G Gunz41

                                    With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

                                    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

                                    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                    SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @gunz41 said:

                                    With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

                                    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

                                    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                    The block never started out front 

                                    Gunz41G 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Gunz41G Gunz41

                                      With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

                                      As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                      And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                      As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

                                      On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                      CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 390 Reputation
                                      CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
                                      #18

                                      @gunz41 said:

                                      He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                      And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                      On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                      Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

                                      I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

                                      Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

                                      bjh2130B Gunz41G 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Gunz41G Gunz41

                                        With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

                                        As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                        And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                        As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

                                        On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                        bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
                                        • 1k Posts
                                        • 448 Reputation
                                        bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
                                        #19

                                        @gunz41 said:

                                        With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

                                        As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                        And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                        As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

                                        On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                        I know what Harris play you are talking about. His first "hold" They did a replay during the game with the camera right on him. His hands were inside the shoulder pads the entire time. There wasn't a hold earlier you didn't see as Randall was not within 5 yards of any receiver until the ball was in the air. You can clearly see that in video. His left hand is on the receiver almost simultaneously to his right hand tipping the ball but regardless his hand didn't turn or move the receiver. The browns still beat themselves but I don't blindly agree with all calls.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

                                          @gunz41 said:

                                          He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

                                          And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

                                          On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

                                          Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

                                          I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

                                          Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

                                          bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
                                          • 1k Posts
                                          • 448 Reputation
                                          bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

                                          Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

                                          I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

                                          Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

                                          Hands inside the shoulder pads don't get called for holds ever.  Those are the ones they say you can call a hold on every play. 

                                          CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate