Skip to content

Flags/Penalties

The Browns Board
105 28 3.6k
  • Kitchens should never have been hired to begin with.

  • He proved yesterday that he isn’t much of a head coach so far. Prolly the worst HC of the league as far as performance goes. Dolphins are tanking so they don’t count. Flores had a better game 1, even Sean Taylor of Cincy showed more promise game 1 than Kitchens. 

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    He proved yesterday that he isn’t much of a head coach so far. Prolly the worst HC of the league as far as performance goes. 

    It wasn’t a good job playcalling the play action on the 1 yard line after Hilliard let a 70 yard punt roll to the 3. The whole team sucked not just Kitchens.

  • With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

  • With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    @gunz41 said:

    With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    The block never started out front 

  • With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    @gunz41 said:

    He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

    I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

    Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

  • With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    @gunz41 said:

    With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    I know what Harris play you are talking about. His first "hold" They did a replay during the game with the camera right on him. His hands were inside the shoulder pads the entire time. There wasn't a hold earlier you didn't see as Randall was not within 5 yards of any receiver until the ball was in the air. You can clearly see that in video. His left hand is on the receiver almost simultaneously to his right hand tipping the ball but regardless his hand didn't turn or move the receiver. The browns still beat themselves but I don't blindly agree with all calls.

  • @gunz41 said:

    He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

    I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

    Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

    I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

    Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

    Hands inside the shoulder pads don't get called for holds ever.  Those are the ones they say you can call a hold on every play. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

    I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

    Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

    Hands inside the shoulder pads don't get called for holds ever.  Those are the ones they say you can call a hold on every play. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Hands inside the shoulder pads don't get called for holds ever.  Those are the ones they say you can call a hold on every play. 

    Welp they called it 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Hands inside the shoulder pads don't get called for holds ever.  Those are the ones they say you can call a hold on every play. 

    Welp they called it 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Welp they called it 

    They sure did but it was textbook blocking.  He had his hands on the breastplate of the shoulderpads.

  • I’m talking the team and the discipline, which Is up to kitchens. He’s like Mike Pettine with more personality. He showed yesterday he hasn’t done anything for the culture or mentality of the team. His playcalling regressed big time, doing the opposite of last year, which is just brutal to see in action. Yesterday was brutal man. Idk how else to say it. A coach that knows what he is doing doesn’t let something like that happen yesterday 

  • @gunz41 said:

    With a different angle it looks different, but from the video his block certainly starts in front. That still shot does look like a penalty though. And now that I have seen the other view, I can match it up with the hook/hold

    As for the Harris one... go to YouTube and look up Every Browns penalty and the play that starts at 4:37. He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    As for the one on Randall, they called a D. Hold. I was merely saying that he was there a little early for PI. There could have been a hold earlier that I didn't see. But he was there before the ball. So you can say they made the wrong call (hold vs PI).

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    The block never started out front 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The block never started out front 

    Sure looks like it to me. Not front front, but enough for it to not be a block in back.

  • @gunz41 said:

    He grabs the top of his jersey and holds it when Chubb goes to outside.

    And men downfield, they can be a yard downfield, and this pic is AFTER he has caught it. When the ball hits his hands the front two linemen are less than a yard over.

    On the OBJ one, I have no issue with saying no flag, but saying how horrible of a call it was, no OBJ pushed off.

    Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

    I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

    Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Correct, he was holding the inner jersey when Romo said he couldn’t see a hold.

    I didn’t see much of a push from OBJ, it looked like a clean route break, some hand-fighting and a great sell job from the corner.

    Randall was a millisecond early and we’ve all seen that call uncalled hundreds of times 

    Not saying I think it should have been called, I think that is a no flag, but he was there a bit early.

    As for Harris, I must be looking at someone different then. His left hand APPEARS to be on his outside shoulder pad

  • So what do you do when you are an NFL coach and one of your Lineman holds somebody? 

    Tell him not to hold the defender? Bench him for holding and put in.... who? The 3rd string DT? 

    Or when your LT kicks some one in the face for pushing him in the back over a pile after the whistle was blown? 

    Does a good coach tell him “don’t kick people in the face?” 

  • So what do you do when you are an NFL coach and one of your Lineman holds somebody? 

    Tell him not to hold the defender? Bench him for holding and put in.... who? The 3rd string DT? 

    Or when your LT kicks some one in the face for pushing him in the back over a pile after the whistle was blown? 

    Does a good coach tell him “don’t kick people in the face?” 

    @hx214 said:

    So what do you do when you are an NFL coach and one of your Lineman holds somebody? 

    Tell him not to hold the defender? Bench him for holding and put in.... who? The 3rd string DT? 

    Or when your LT kicks some one in the face for pushing him in the back over a pile after the whistle was blown? 

    Does a good coach tell him “don’t kick people in the face?” 

    When you look at a single penalty or two you might have a point. In the context of the most penalties in franchise history it’s a systemic issue. Systemic issues like that to me would trace back to coaching. Let’s see if he can adjust and get back on track. 

  • @hx214 said:

    So what do you do when you are an NFL coach and one of your Lineman holds somebody? 

    Tell him not to hold the defender? Bench him for holding and put in.... who? The 3rd string DT? 

    Or when your LT kicks some one in the face for pushing him in the back over a pile after the whistle was blown? 

    Does a good coach tell him “don’t kick people in the face?” 

    When you look at a single penalty or two you might have a point. In the context of the most penalties in franchise history it’s a systemic issue. Systemic issues like that to me would trace back to coaching. Let’s see if he can adjust and get back on track. 

    @jcam222 said:

    When you look at a single penalty or two you might have a point. In the context of the most penalties in franchise history it’s a systemic issue. Systemic issues like that to me would trace back to coaching. Let’s see if he can adjust and get back on track. 

    I gotta think it’s having bad/dumb players on your roster. 

    But then again even Myles Garrett picked up a personal foul for jacking someone in the face. Guy was holding both of his hands and raking on them, but all the ref sees is the open hand punch. 

  • look in in 0vthink there was allot of pump and emotion from the locker room before hitting the field.

  • That ref and his team are straight garbage. I'd petition the League to make sure they never ref another game in Cleveland for the rest of their careers. Certainly smelt like fish, bet that elf looking motherfucker and his goons had a lot of money on the Titans. This is exactly why you cannot allow betting on NFL games. The refs don't get paid much and when they can make six-hundred thousand dollars off of one bet, that's a recipe for disaster. They are underpaid and unappreciated referees not saints. Fuck them zebras. Completely one sided affair and it was obvious. 

    Robinson was shoved to the ground AFTER the play was over and reacted by kicking AS HE WAS FALLING DOWN, that's a reactionary action not premeditated, but whatever.

  • @gunz41 said:

    It isnt a penalty. He starts in front, the defender turns which is where you see him in his back, he never hooks him, and he isn't tackled like I saw some say, he just drives him into the ground.

    5C14A6C6-0800-45F9-8730-334007367137.jpeg

    The fucking point of it is, if you are going to call shit this tight on us, then how in the FUCK is that hold/black in the back NOT CALLED?

    @sdbacker80 said:

    5C14A6C6-0800-45F9-8730-334007367137.jpeg

    Here we CLEARLY have a block in the back...and then...

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    BFBAFD9F-D0F3-44B7-9AC7-DF5F87EC23BF.jpeg

    ...a fucking blatant hold on the SAME PLAY by the SAME PLAYER.  There should have been TWO FOULS on this play.

  • Freddie now cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.. He pronounced that his team bonded together in the inter squad week with the Colts..We opened with the Skins with 6 flags(gassers after own teammates fight at practice)..Day 1 with Colts, was a clean scrimmage Draw/media...Day 2, most media declared us as the winner..but with many player dust-ups where taking swings was the norm..Friday we were off, when Freddie declares boxing day as teams bonding day. Saturday Game day Colts PS3-13 flags.. after Colts game, the touch the end zone wall laps started at practice..TB-8 flags..Lions-10 flags..Titans 20 with 2 declined=18...   bonding date? like we need more targets to shoot at on this team.. ? (zip it)