Flags/Penalties
-
Let's just ask this question, exactly how many of these flags did people pointing them out see at the split second, not with replay, and how many were in the angle of the official?
I've coached a long time, know the rules very well, know some rules that most people don't know existed, and I don't know as much as officials.
But heck, go try it out for yourself. Go to a football game or practice, be at the same level as the game, and watch multiple things/players all at the same time. And then see if you get it right 100% of the time.
I don't understand why people expect these guys (and a couple gals) to be perfect, to see everything they see, but wouldn't expect themselves to be perfect in their job.
But people here are actually taking it further. Sure they missed calls, but talking about them actually cheating. Absolutely ridiculous.
I forgot, those officials couldn't block, threw 3 INTs, and lost their cool.
Many times I have disagreed with a call coaching. And a lot of the time I was correct. And even more when breaking down film I have seen things I thought was obvious that should have been called. They weren't trying to make me lose, they missed it.
As for the still shots here, after I seen a different view I said the call was missed, but a still shot can be frozen to make it look worse. On the Henry TD, the block started on side/a bit in front from the video I saw. The defender TURNED to try and get loose, which is how you see him directly in his back. And the guys down field means ZERO. One, the pass was BEHIND the LOS, and 2 at the time the ball hits his hands they are WITHIN a yard of LOS, way within a yard.
Again, there were a few plays I saw that were incorrect, a few that I don't think should have been thrown, but to call them cheaters is ridiculous, and to defend a guy who kicks someone is crazy. And to actually blame the officials for a 30 point loss and make it seem like they are the ones who made the Browns lose and they cheated is so out there that it is crazy
-
How many of the Browns’ 18 penalties against the Titans were from poor technique or lack of discipline?
By Tim Bielik, cleveland.com | Posted September 10, 2019 at 11:49 AM
Freddie Kitchens' team committed 18 penalties on Sunday as the Browns lost by 30 to the Titans. (John Kuntz, cleveland.com)CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Browns’ 30-point home loss to the Titans on Sunday was marred by the massive amount of penalties they took.
In total, the Browns committed 18 for 182 yards. It wasn’t even the most the Browns have made in a game. But that’s still way too many for one team to commit.
So the question when looking back at each of them is how many of them were because a player used poor technique? And how many times did the Browns lose their discipline at the moment.
Here’s a look back at all 18 penalties.
1. Blindside block on Greg Robinson, 12:14 in first quarterVerdict: Bad technique
This is a new rule that the NFL instituted for this season, saying that blocks made by a player either running toward or parallel to his end line and leading with his helmet, forearm or shoulder are considered illegal. While Robinson did get Titans corner Malcolm Butler on the side, he led with his head and shoulder and was running in a direction towards his end zone. By the rule, the call was correct.
2. Roughing the passer on Jordan Whitehead, 10:04 in first quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Nearly all roughing the passer penalties are results of players going too hard at the quarterback. Whitehead only clipped Marcus Mariota shortly after the throw. But the referees felt he didn’t pull up in time, resulting in the flag.
3. Illegal double-team block on D’Ernest Johnson, 6:36 in first quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Johnson came in to block a player that was already being blocked on the return. By the definition of the rule, the block was illegal and it cost them 10 yards.
4. Unnecessary roughness on Myles Garrett, 14:11 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Garrett threw a one-handed shove at the face of Delanie Walker. That’s something refs will call every time.
5. Holding on Damarious Randall, 13:11 in second quarterVerdict: Bad technique
This one was a very ticky-tack call against Randall because he got to Adam Humphries just a split-second too early. It probably could have been let go. But Randall got flagged, which extended the Titans’ drive.
6. Roughing the passer on Sheldon Richardson, 11:08 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
This was a clear penalty by Richardson as he shoved Mariota to the ground after he let the ball go. He made it an easy call. Denzel Ward was also called for holding, but the Richardson penalty was the one that the Titans accepted.
7. Neutral zone infraction on Sheldon Richardson, 10:18 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Richardson jumped too early, giving the Titans a free first down on the way to a touchdown.
8. Disqualification on Greg Robinson, 5:03 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Kicking Kenny Vaccaro in the head is an obvious disqualification and just a lack of composure from Robinson, who claimed on Monday that he didn’t mean to kick Vaccaro.
9. False start on Chris Hubbard, 1:47 left in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Moving for the snap is obviously a mental lapse that can simple be fixed by understanding the cadence.
10. Pass interference on Odell Beckham Jr., :21 in second quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Beckham got open with the help of a push-off, which obviously isn’t allowed and took a crucial chance at points off the board in the final seconds of the half.
11. Holding on Chris Hubbard, 10:14 in third quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Hubbard, who moved to left tackle after Robinson’s ejection, clearly gets his left hand on the outside right shoulder of the defender, pulling him into the middle of the play. It’s a textbook holding call and was the third penalty called on a Browns offensive tackle.
12. Holding on Greedy Williams, 5:58 in third quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Williams essentially tackled the Titans’ gunner just before the punt was kicked off. It’s something that can be coached out of a player. Tavierre Thomas was also flagged for illegal hands to the face on the same play.
13. False start on Justin McCray, 5:52 in third quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Again, false starts are just lapses in concentration and focusing too much on what the defense is doing.
14. Holding on Demetrius Harris, 5:52 in third quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Harris starts the play by extending his left arm to the outside, which is just bad technique. That’s something refs are looking for every time from offensive linemen and tight ends.
15. Holding on Demetrius Harris, 15:00 in fourth quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Harris clearly grabs a hold of the defender’s jersey, drawing the easy flag from the refs.
16. Holding on Denzel Ward, 13:05 in fourth quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Ward is lined up here in the slot against Corey Davis. He clearly has his left hand on the right shoulder of Davis, holding him and taking him out of the play. The Titans got a first down anyway on the Marcus Mariota scramble. But even if it didn’t, Tennessee would have still gotten the first down.
17. Holding on Chris Hubbard, 8:43 in fourth quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Hubbard got beat right off the snap and then grabbed the defender on his inside shoulder for his third penalty of the afternoon.
18. Unsportsmanlike conduct on Devaroe Lawrence, 3:11 in fourth quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Lawrence clearly said something to the official to draw the penalty.
ConclusionBad technique penalties: 10
Lack of discipline penalties: 8
There clearly is a lot of work to do in terms of discipline for the Browns. They roughed the quarterback twice and committed multiple dead-ball fouls, including Robinson’s ejection and Garrett smacking Walker in the face.
But of course, there were plenty of penalties that were also due to poor technique. That happens often in the first game and can certainly be corrected in the film room.
Ten penalties alone is considered a bad game. But as technique gets refined during the season, that number should go down. It comes down to the penalties due to lack of discipline that can hurt a team most.
-
Let's just ask this question, exactly how many of these flags did people pointing them out see at the split second, not with replay, and how many were in the angle of the official?
I've coached a long time, know the rules very well, know some rules that most people don't know existed, and I don't know as much as officials.
But heck, go try it out for yourself. Go to a football game or practice, be at the same level as the game, and watch multiple things/players all at the same time. And then see if you get it right 100% of the time.
I don't understand why people expect these guys (and a couple gals) to be perfect, to see everything they see, but wouldn't expect themselves to be perfect in their job.
But people here are actually taking it further. Sure they missed calls, but talking about them actually cheating. Absolutely ridiculous.
I forgot, those officials couldn't block, threw 3 INTs, and lost their cool.
Many times I have disagreed with a call coaching. And a lot of the time I was correct. And even more when breaking down film I have seen things I thought was obvious that should have been called. They weren't trying to make me lose, they missed it.
As for the still shots here, after I seen a different view I said the call was missed, but a still shot can be frozen to make it look worse. On the Henry TD, the block started on side/a bit in front from the video I saw. The defender TURNED to try and get loose, which is how you see him directly in his back. And the guys down field means ZERO. One, the pass was BEHIND the LOS, and 2 at the time the ball hits his hands they are WITHIN a yard of LOS, way within a yard.
Again, there were a few plays I saw that were incorrect, a few that I don't think should have been thrown, but to call them cheaters is ridiculous, and to defend a guy who kicks someone is crazy. And to actually blame the officials for a 30 point loss and make it seem like they are the ones who made the Browns lose and they cheated is so out there that it is crazy
Let's just ask this question, exactly how many of these flags did people pointing them out see at the split second, not with replay, and how many were in the angle of the official?
I've coached a long time, know the rules very well, know some rules that most people don't know existed, and I don't know as much as officials.
But heck, go try it out for yourself. Go to a football game or practice, be at the same level as the game, and watch multiple things/players all at the same time. And then see if you get it right 100% of the time.
I don't understand why people expect these guys (and a couple gals) to be perfect, to see everything they see, but wouldn't expect themselves to be perfect in their job.
But people here are actually taking it further. Sure they missed calls, but talking about them actually cheating. Absolutely ridiculous.
I forgot, those officials couldn't block, threw 3 INTs, and lost their cool.
Many times I have disagreed with a call coaching. And a lot of the time I was correct. And even more when breaking down film I have seen things I thought was obvious that should have been called. They weren't trying to make me lose, they missed it.
As for the still shots here, after I seen a different view I said the call was missed, but a still shot can be frozen to make it look worse. On the Henry TD, the block started on side/a bit in front from the video I saw. The defender TURNED to try and get loose, which is how you see him directly in his back. And the guys down field means ZERO. One, the pass was BEHIND the LOS, and 2 at the time the ball hits his hands they are WITHIN a yard of LOS, way within a yard.
Again, there were a few plays I saw that were incorrect, a few that I don't think should have been thrown, but to call them cheaters is ridiculous, and to defend a guy who kicks someone is crazy. And to actually blame the officials for a 30 point loss and make it seem like they are the ones who made the Browns lose and they cheated is so out there that it is crazy
Played/Coached/currently Analyze rules and regs outside of sports for a living - most of the folks on here have a sense of things. I have to admit The Henry catch and run- Looked more obvious in real time. Aside from first drive catch that went to the doorstep of the goal line It was loudest yell of the game from me. When you freeze it you see his head on the back shoulder and hand on his back and his momentum driving the tackler into the ground- what else is needed?
The Browns defender beats the titan blocker to the spot, the defender actually over pursues looks like he turns and breaks down to make a tackle gets hit from Side/back with defenders head on back and hand on back finishing the block to the ground.
I don’t know if he makes the tackle he probably over-pursued the play but the blocker clearly had bad technique and couldn’t block properly because he was beaten to the spot by the defender.
The personal foul garbage is all on the Browns. The holds most of those are called a few were ticky tack variety. The PI was a bang bang play with defender arriving slightly early. I don’t blame the ref you just hope we are on other end of it next time. I didnt see the Browns on the good side of many calls though on Sunday.
I’m not yelling conspiracy or they have out for us...but the play I highlighted above was pretty significant given the the flag happy nature the refs had all game. How it was not considered a penalty was surprising given the way the yellow flags were thrown
-
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/09/devaroe-lawrence-cleveland-browns.html
"Lawrence told Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram that the official said to him “watch where the f——you’re going.’’
Neat! Nothing to see here though...
-
Let's just ask this question, exactly how many of these flags did people pointing them out see at the split second, not with replay, and how many were in the angle of the official?
I've coached a long time, know the rules very well, know some rules that most people don't know existed, and I don't know as much as officials.
But heck, go try it out for yourself. Go to a football game or practice, be at the same level as the game, and watch multiple things/players all at the same time. And then see if you get it right 100% of the time.
I don't understand why people expect these guys (and a couple gals) to be perfect, to see everything they see, but wouldn't expect themselves to be perfect in their job.
But people here are actually taking it further. Sure they missed calls, but talking about them actually cheating. Absolutely ridiculous.
I forgot, those officials couldn't block, threw 3 INTs, and lost their cool.
Many times I have disagreed with a call coaching. And a lot of the time I was correct. And even more when breaking down film I have seen things I thought was obvious that should have been called. They weren't trying to make me lose, they missed it.
As for the still shots here, after I seen a different view I said the call was missed, but a still shot can be frozen to make it look worse. On the Henry TD, the block started on side/a bit in front from the video I saw. The defender TURNED to try and get loose, which is how you see him directly in his back. And the guys down field means ZERO. One, the pass was BEHIND the LOS, and 2 at the time the ball hits his hands they are WITHIN a yard of LOS, way within a yard.
Again, there were a few plays I saw that were incorrect, a few that I don't think should have been thrown, but to call them cheaters is ridiculous, and to defend a guy who kicks someone is crazy. And to actually blame the officials for a 30 point loss and make it seem like they are the ones who made the Browns lose and they cheated is so out there that it is crazy
Played/Coached/currently Analyze rules and regs outside of sports for a living - most of the folks on here have a sense of things. I have to admit The Henry catch and run- Looked more obvious in real time. Aside from first drive catch that went to the doorstep of the goal line It was loudest yell of the game from me. When you freeze it you see his head on the back shoulder and hand on his back and his momentum driving the tackler into the ground- what else is needed?
The Browns defender beats the titan blocker to the spot, the defender actually over pursues looks like he turns and breaks down to make a tackle gets hit from Side/back with defenders head on back and hand on back finishing the block to the ground.
I don’t know if he makes the tackle he probably over-pursued the play but the blocker clearly had bad technique and couldn’t block properly because he was beaten to the spot by the defender.
The personal foul garbage is all on the Browns. The holds most of those are called a few were ticky tack variety. The PI was a bang bang play with defender arriving slightly early. I don’t blame the ref you just hope we are on other end of it next time. I didnt see the Browns on the good side of many calls though on Sunday.
I’m not yelling conspiracy or they have out for us...but the play I highlighted above was pretty significant given the the flag happy nature the refs had all game. How it was not considered a penalty was surprising given the way the yellow flags were thrown
Played/Coached/currently Analyze rules and regs outside of sports for a living - most of the folks on here have a sense of things. I have to admit The Henry catch and run- Looked more obvious in real time. Aside from first drive catch that went to the doorstep of the goal line It was loudest yell of the game from me. When you freeze it you see his head on the back shoulder and hand on his back and his momentum driving the tackler into the ground- what else is needed?
The Browns defender beats the titan blocker to the spot, the defender actually over pursues looks like he turns and breaks down to make a tackle gets hit from Side/back with defenders head on back and hand on back finishing the block to the ground.
I don’t know if he makes the tackle he probably over-pursued the play but the blocker clearly had bad technique and couldn’t block properly because he was beaten to the spot by the defender.
The personal foul garbage is all on the Browns. The holds most of those are called a few were ticky tack variety. The PI was a bang bang play with defender arriving slightly early. I don’t blame the ref you just hope we are on other end of it next time. I didnt see the Browns on the good side of many calls though on Sunday.
I’m not yelling conspiracy or they have out for us...but the play I highlighted above was pretty significant given the the flag happy nature the refs had all game. How it was not considered a penalty was surprising given the way the yellow flags were thrown
After you posted the other view did I not say that it should have been called? That doesn't change the fact that at the moment of contact he was NOT blocking him in the back, and that the blocking in back portion of it appears to be a result of the defenders action to try and get away. But it also should have been called back. And the part about the still shots wasn't about the hook and hold, as I already said that should have been thrown, it's the part of linemen down field, when A. There is no such thing on a pass behind LOS and B. The still shot is after he has caught the ball and started to run. And that sure with the benefit of replay and still shots you can find things, yet the guys on the field are expected to be right 100% of the time without it, while watching multiple things at eye level.
And I don't agree with you that most people have a good sense of things. It hasn't been just this game, but others that everyone is out to get the Browns, every call (not the obvious ones) shouldn't have been called, etc. You actually have people on here defending Robinson and saying that the refs cheated. I don't think that is good sense.
Since you said coached/analyze rules you are probably like me and view flags and stuff without any kind of bias whatsoever. My whole point in bringing it up wasn't to say that there couldn't have been a blown call, but to show that there were far more that were correct than not, and it wasn't some kind of conspiracy.
-
Played/Coached/currently Analyze rules and regs outside of sports for a living - most of the folks on here have a sense of things. I have to admit The Henry catch and run- Looked more obvious in real time. Aside from first drive catch that went to the doorstep of the goal line It was loudest yell of the game from me. When you freeze it you see his head on the back shoulder and hand on his back and his momentum driving the tackler into the ground- what else is needed?
The Browns defender beats the titan blocker to the spot, the defender actually over pursues looks like he turns and breaks down to make a tackle gets hit from Side/back with defenders head on back and hand on back finishing the block to the ground.
I don’t know if he makes the tackle he probably over-pursued the play but the blocker clearly had bad technique and couldn’t block properly because he was beaten to the spot by the defender.
The personal foul garbage is all on the Browns. The holds most of those are called a few were ticky tack variety. The PI was a bang bang play with defender arriving slightly early. I don’t blame the ref you just hope we are on other end of it next time. I didnt see the Browns on the good side of many calls though on Sunday.
I’m not yelling conspiracy or they have out for us...but the play I highlighted above was pretty significant given the the flag happy nature the refs had all game. How it was not considered a penalty was surprising given the way the yellow flags were thrown
After you posted the other view did I not say that it should have been called? That doesn't change the fact that at the moment of contact he was NOT blocking him in the back, and that the blocking in back portion of it appears to be a result of the defenders action to try and get away. But it also should have been called back. And the part about the still shots wasn't about the hook and hold, as I already said that should have been thrown, it's the part of linemen down field, when A. There is no such thing on a pass behind LOS and B. The still shot is after he has caught the ball and started to run. And that sure with the benefit of replay and still shots you can find things, yet the guys on the field are expected to be right 100% of the time without it, while watching multiple things at eye level.
And I don't agree with you that most people have a good sense of things. It hasn't been just this game, but others that everyone is out to get the Browns, every call (not the obvious ones) shouldn't have been called, etc. You actually have people on here defending Robinson and saying that the refs cheated. I don't think that is good sense.
Since you said coached/analyze rules you are probably like me and view flags and stuff without any kind of bias whatsoever. My whole point in bringing it up wasn't to say that there couldn't have been a blown call, but to show that there were far more that were correct than not, and it wasn't some kind of conspiracy.
Since you said coached/analyze rules you are probably like me and view flags and stuff without any kind of bias whatsoever. My whole point in bringing it up wasn't to say that there couldn't have been a blown call, but to show that there were far more that were correct than not, and it wasn't some kind of conspiracy.
I appreciate your comments, always great to have a good banter. I guess my whole thing is this, and I'm not sure anyone can really "deny" this. If you want to call the game at the level of "ticky-tacky" they did Sunday, it's gotta be both ways. If Robinson's block was illegal, so was the one that led to the Henry TD. If you're calling the holds they were calling, you need to call hands to the face/holding when Garrett's helmet is literally 1/2 way off his head. If this game was even something like 18 penalties to say 10, I'd be willing to fall on the sword. It's just a very tough pill to swallow when that's not the case.
I absolutely don't think for a second there's a "conspiracy" against teams. But I do absolutely feel the NFL has a unique problem and the methods used to correct them aren't there. Frankly, I think the solution is to make the game "easier" to officiate, save safety issues.
-
We lost we deserved to lose but they missed this call
We lost we deserved to lose but they missed this call
They missed many calls, they had a hard on for us since after the first drive. They were dead set against us period. some were legit but many were ticky tack at best and they hardly called them for ANYTHING. It was not down the middle refs they made sure we didn't stand a chance, 18 penalties, 18? The refs should be fired as well
-
How many of the Browns’ 18 penalties against the Titans were from poor technique or lack of discipline?
By Tim Bielik, cleveland.com | Posted September 10, 2019 at 11:49 AM
Freddie Kitchens' team committed 18 penalties on Sunday as the Browns lost by 30 to the Titans. (John Kuntz, cleveland.com)CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Browns’ 30-point home loss to the Titans on Sunday was marred by the massive amount of penalties they took.
In total, the Browns committed 18 for 182 yards. It wasn’t even the most the Browns have made in a game. But that’s still way too many for one team to commit.
So the question when looking back at each of them is how many of them were because a player used poor technique? And how many times did the Browns lose their discipline at the moment.
Here’s a look back at all 18 penalties.
1. Blindside block on Greg Robinson, 12:14 in first quarterVerdict: Bad technique
This is a new rule that the NFL instituted for this season, saying that blocks made by a player either running toward or parallel to his end line and leading with his helmet, forearm or shoulder are considered illegal. While Robinson did get Titans corner Malcolm Butler on the side, he led with his head and shoulder and was running in a direction towards his end zone. By the rule, the call was correct.
2. Roughing the passer on Jordan Whitehead, 10:04 in first quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Nearly all roughing the passer penalties are results of players going too hard at the quarterback. Whitehead only clipped Marcus Mariota shortly after the throw. But the referees felt he didn’t pull up in time, resulting in the flag.
3. Illegal double-team block on D’Ernest Johnson, 6:36 in first quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Johnson came in to block a player that was already being blocked on the return. By the definition of the rule, the block was illegal and it cost them 10 yards.
4. Unnecessary roughness on Myles Garrett, 14:11 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Garrett threw a one-handed shove at the face of Delanie Walker. That’s something refs will call every time.
5. Holding on Damarious Randall, 13:11 in second quarterVerdict: Bad technique
This one was a very ticky-tack call against Randall because he got to Adam Humphries just a split-second too early. It probably could have been let go. But Randall got flagged, which extended the Titans’ drive.
6. Roughing the passer on Sheldon Richardson, 11:08 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
This was a clear penalty by Richardson as he shoved Mariota to the ground after he let the ball go. He made it an easy call. Denzel Ward was also called for holding, but the Richardson penalty was the one that the Titans accepted.
7. Neutral zone infraction on Sheldon Richardson, 10:18 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Richardson jumped too early, giving the Titans a free first down on the way to a touchdown.
8. Disqualification on Greg Robinson, 5:03 in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Kicking Kenny Vaccaro in the head is an obvious disqualification and just a lack of composure from Robinson, who claimed on Monday that he didn’t mean to kick Vaccaro.
9. False start on Chris Hubbard, 1:47 left in second quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Moving for the snap is obviously a mental lapse that can simple be fixed by understanding the cadence.
10. Pass interference on Odell Beckham Jr., :21 in second quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Beckham got open with the help of a push-off, which obviously isn’t allowed and took a crucial chance at points off the board in the final seconds of the half.
11. Holding on Chris Hubbard, 10:14 in third quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Hubbard, who moved to left tackle after Robinson’s ejection, clearly gets his left hand on the outside right shoulder of the defender, pulling him into the middle of the play. It’s a textbook holding call and was the third penalty called on a Browns offensive tackle.
12. Holding on Greedy Williams, 5:58 in third quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Williams essentially tackled the Titans’ gunner just before the punt was kicked off. It’s something that can be coached out of a player. Tavierre Thomas was also flagged for illegal hands to the face on the same play.
13. False start on Justin McCray, 5:52 in third quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Again, false starts are just lapses in concentration and focusing too much on what the defense is doing.
14. Holding on Demetrius Harris, 5:52 in third quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Harris starts the play by extending his left arm to the outside, which is just bad technique. That’s something refs are looking for every time from offensive linemen and tight ends.
15. Holding on Demetrius Harris, 15:00 in fourth quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Harris clearly grabs a hold of the defender’s jersey, drawing the easy flag from the refs.
16. Holding on Denzel Ward, 13:05 in fourth quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Ward is lined up here in the slot against Corey Davis. He clearly has his left hand on the right shoulder of Davis, holding him and taking him out of the play. The Titans got a first down anyway on the Marcus Mariota scramble. But even if it didn’t, Tennessee would have still gotten the first down.
17. Holding on Chris Hubbard, 8:43 in fourth quarterVerdict: Bad technique
Hubbard got beat right off the snap and then grabbed the defender on his inside shoulder for his third penalty of the afternoon.
18. Unsportsmanlike conduct on Devaroe Lawrence, 3:11 in fourth quarterVerdict: Lack of discipline
Lawrence clearly said something to the official to draw the penalty.
ConclusionBad technique penalties: 10
Lack of discipline penalties: 8
There clearly is a lot of work to do in terms of discipline for the Browns. They roughed the quarterback twice and committed multiple dead-ball fouls, including Robinson’s ejection and Garrett smacking Walker in the face.
But of course, there were plenty of penalties that were also due to poor technique. That happens often in the first game and can certainly be corrected in the film room.
Ten penalties alone is considered a bad game. But as technique gets refined during the season, that number should go down. It comes down to the penalties due to lack of discipline that can hurt a team most.
-
I'd like to see the breakdown on NON-CALLED Penalties committed by the Titans. I'm sure there were about 20 as well, period.
-
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
-
It's Wednesday and people are still convincing themselves that the refs were to blame for the Browns loss.
This isn't behavior expected from the Toughest Fans in Football.
-
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.
Lets go ahead and excuse his behavior so that we can excuse his behavior.
And you have shown your ability to judge someone (McCoy, Hogan, etc), I would bet that "bi*ch" would make you his
-
I don't see any reason he had to kick at the guy.
cause he missed with his left & landed with his right..if we owned a back-up Tackle? would Freddie suspend him another 1 Game? I really don't care who pushed him over before or after the whistle..that's class-less browns football..am not believing the Robbie words of "it looks a lot worse than it really was".. but the NFL did ?
-
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.
Lets go ahead and excuse his behavior so that we can excuse his behavior.
And you have shown your ability to judge someone (McCoy, Hogan, etc), I would bet that "bi*ch" would make you his
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.
Actually, it's not.
I agree that we probably lost because of the penalties. But it's not the fault of the refs.
-
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.
Actually, it's not.
I agree that we probably lost because of the penalties. But it's not the fault of the refs.
This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"-
Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.
- And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.
Actually, it's not.
I agree that we probably lost because of the penalties. But it's not the fault of the refs.
You must not have read the rest of the thread or understood the context of that comment. My whole point was that they didn't lose because of refs, certainly not to take up for Robinson
-
Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..
They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra.
...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.
-
Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..
They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra.
...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.
Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..
They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra.
...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.
I watch MLB as well as football. It’s amazing at the hair close plays that are called right in baseball. Of course having full time well paid officials helps. I guess the NFL can’t or won’t afford good officiating. Training and money works.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login