Skip to content

Flags/Penalties

The Browns Board
105 28 3.6k
  • Thanks for merging my thread with this one as I did not see this one.

  • I'd like to see the breakdown on NON-CALLED Penalties committed by the Titans. I'm sure there were about 20 as well, period. 

  • I'd like to see the breakdown on NON-CALLED Penalties committed by the Titans. I'm sure there were about 20 as well, period. 

    @poeticg said:

    I'd like to see the breakdown on NON-CALLED Penalties committed by the Titans. I'm sure there were about 20 as well, period. 

    This.

  • This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

  • It's Wednesday and people are still convincing themselves that the refs were to blame for the Browns loss.

    This isn't behavior expected from the Toughest Fans in Football. 

  • This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

    @poeticg said:

    This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

    This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.

    Lets go ahead and excuse his behavior so that we can excuse his behavior.

    And you have shown your ability to judge someone (McCoy, Hogan, etc), I would bet that "bi*ch" would make you his

  • I don't see any reason he had to kick at the guy.

  • I don't see any reason he had to kick at the guy.

    @vambo said:

    I don't see any reason he had to kick at the guy.

    cause he missed with his left & landed with his right..if we owned a back-up Tackle? would Freddie suspend him another 1 Game? I really don't care who pushed him over before or after the whistle..that's class-less browns football..am not believing the Robbie words of "it looks a lot worse than it really was".. but the NFL did ?

  • @poeticg said:

    This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

    This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.

    Lets go ahead and excuse his behavior so that we can excuse his behavior.

    And you have shown your ability to judge someone (McCoy, Hogan, etc), I would bet that "bi*ch" would make you his

      17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

    This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

    @gunz41 said:

    This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.

    Actually, it's not.

    I agree that we probably lost because of the penalties.   But it's not the fault of the refs.  

  •   17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

    This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

    @gunz41 said:

    This is one of the most asinine things I've ever seen.

    Actually, it's not.

    I agree that we probably lost because of the penalties.   But it's not the fault of the refs.  

    @orion said:

      17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

    This is the last thing I'm going to say about the penalties and the Robinson "kick"- 

    Penalty's cost us this game. We lost solely because of the penalties. Either self inflicted or gifted by the refs, we can't have them if we want to be who we think we are. Gotta clean it up.

    - And why the hell is KENNY FUCKING VACCARRO'S helmet anywhere near Greg Robinson's feet as he's falling down after the play is over. Kenny's a bitch, he deserved it.

    Actually, it's not.

    I agree that we probably lost because of the penalties.   But it's not the fault of the refs.  

    You must not have read the rest of the thread or understood the context of that comment. My whole point was that they didn't lose because of refs, certainly not to take up for Robinson 

  • Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-nfl-refs-do-what-analysts-never-could-get-coaches-to-pass-more/

    They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra. 

    ...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.

  • Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-nfl-refs-do-what-analysts-never-could-get-coaches-to-pass-more/

    They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra. 

    ...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-nfl-refs-do-what-analysts-never-could-get-coaches-to-pass-more/

    They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra. 

    ...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.

    I watch MLB as well as football. It’s amazing at the hair close plays that are called right in baseball. Of course having full time well paid officials helps. I guess the NFL can’t or won’t afford good officiating. Training and money works. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Just cause I'm still not over how reffing has been..

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-nfl-refs-do-what-analysts-never-could-get-coaches-to-pass-more/

    They said as of last night holding is still up 70% from this time last year. I'm wearing my tin foil hat if anyone wants to join, I got a few extra. 

    ...in all seriousness, that game last night was unwatchable. With yellow on the field seemingly every play (holding) and pouring down rain I didn't even make through the 1st quarter.

    I watch MLB as well as football. It’s amazing at the hair close plays that are called right in baseball. Of course having full time well paid officials helps. I guess the NFL can’t or won’t afford good officiating. Training and money works. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I watch MLB as well as football. It’s amazing at the hair close plays that are called right in baseball. Of course having full time well paid officials helps. I guess the NFL can’t or won’t afford good officiating. Training and money works. 

    For sure, my dude. I'm not being funny or dramatic when I say it's making the game unwatchable. 

    the GOAT agrees with me too: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27655167/brady-turns-tnf-citing-ridiculous-penalties

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I watch MLB as well as football. It’s amazing at the hair close plays that are called right in baseball. Of course having full time well paid officials helps. I guess the NFL can’t or won’t afford good officiating. Training and money works. 

    For sure, my dude. I'm not being funny or dramatic when I say it's making the game unwatchable. 

    the GOAT agrees with me too: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27655167/brady-turns-tnf-citing-ridiculous-penalties

    @jrb12711 said:

    For sure, my dude. I'm not being funny or dramatic when I say it's making the game unwatchable. 

    the GOAT agrees with me too: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27655167/brady-turns-tnf-citing-ridiculous-penalties

    You’re right. Makes for a very boring game. I watch the Browns but rarely sit through any other games. When reruns are better than a NFL game......writing on the wall?

  • I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    Holding was made a "point of emphasis" this year. Often those points are made in the preseason and fade as the real season starts... not so much this go 'round.

    I have to wonder if the turnover in the Ref ranks is a factor. What was it I heard... 5 or 6 longtime Refs retired after last season? So others are promoted from wherever and they may be seeing the play from behind the OL for the first time. Then somewhere on the field is a fresh replacement for the retiree making calls at this level for the first time...

    And so it goes...

    NFL grading and continuing education should reduce the calls over time.

  • I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    Holding was made a "point of emphasis" this year. Often those points are made in the preseason and fade as the real season starts... not so much this go 'round.

    I have to wonder if the turnover in the Ref ranks is a factor. What was it I heard... 5 or 6 longtime Refs retired after last season? So others are promoted from wherever and they may be seeing the play from behind the OL for the first time. Then somewhere on the field is a fresh replacement for the retiree making calls at this level for the first time...

    And so it goes...

    NFL grading and continuing education should reduce the calls over time.

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    And pretty much every game is that way. Gets old 

  • And as for the plethora of body-weight roughing the passer calls...

    I think NY needs to look at all sacks related penalties and either confirm or overturn them within 30 seconds.

    1. Buzz the ref that that they are looking and to hold play...
    2. Buzz once to confirm... Buzz twice to overturn...

    No trotting to the sideline so the ref can see replays and otherwise listen in... quick review and "Play on."

  • I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    Holding was made a "point of emphasis" this year. Often those points are made in the preseason and fade as the real season starts... not so much this go 'round.

    I have to wonder if the turnover in the Ref ranks is a factor. What was it I heard... 5 or 6 longtime Refs retired after last season? So others are promoted from wherever and they may be seeing the play from behind the OL for the first time. Then somewhere on the field is a fresh replacement for the retiree making calls at this level for the first time...

    And so it goes...

    NFL grading and continuing education should reduce the calls over time.

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    Holding was made a "point of emphasis" this year. Often those points are made in the preseason and fade as the real season starts... not so much this go 'round.

    I have to wonder if the turnover in the Ref ranks is a factor. What was it I heard... 5 or 6 longtime Refs retired after last season? So others are promoted from wherever and they may be seeing the play from behind the OL for the first time. Then somewhere on the field is a fresh replacement for the retiree making calls at this level for the first time...

    And so it goes...

    NFL grading and continuing education should reduce the calls over time.

    I think to this point, and what still makes me mad about week one, is that if you're going to "emphasize" that you gotta call it both ways. The Browns were extremely sloppy week one, but the 18-5 flag discrepancy was and still is unacceptable. Myles Garrett literally looked at the ref with his helmet almost off his head the ref just shrugged his shoulders. And obviously based on last night the Titans aren't some "disciplined" team. 

    Point is and continues to be the NFL has a serious referee issue.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    Holding was made a "point of emphasis" this year. Often those points are made in the preseason and fade as the real season starts... not so much this go 'round.

    I have to wonder if the turnover in the Ref ranks is a factor. What was it I heard... 5 or 6 longtime Refs retired after last season? So others are promoted from wherever and they may be seeing the play from behind the OL for the first time. Then somewhere on the field is a fresh replacement for the retiree making calls at this level for the first time...

    And so it goes...

    NFL grading and continuing education should reduce the calls over time.

    I think to this point, and what still makes me mad about week one, is that if you're going to "emphasize" that you gotta call it both ways. The Browns were extremely sloppy week one, but the 18-5 flag discrepancy was and still is unacceptable. Myles Garrett literally looked at the ref with his helmet almost off his head the ref just shrugged his shoulders. And obviously based on last night the Titans aren't some "disciplined" team. 

    Point is and continues to be the NFL has a serious referee issue.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I think to this point, and what still makes me mad about week one, is that if you're going to "emphasize" that you gotta call it both ways. The Browns were extremely sloppy week one, but the 18-5 flag discrepancy was and still is unacceptable. Myles Garrett literally looked at the ref with his helmet almost off his head the ref just shrugged his shoulders. And obviously based on last night the Titans aren't some "disciplined" team. 

    Point is and continues to be the NFL has a serious referee issue.

    And to me that led directly to so many hits on Mariotta that I think even commentators were starting to lose count.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I don't mind holding or any other call...

    I mind bad calls...

    ... and non-calls.

    We saw examples of all three last nite.

    Holding was made a "point of emphasis" this year. Often those points are made in the preseason and fade as the real season starts... not so much this go 'round.

    I have to wonder if the turnover in the Ref ranks is a factor. What was it I heard... 5 or 6 longtime Refs retired after last season? So others are promoted from wherever and they may be seeing the play from behind the OL for the first time. Then somewhere on the field is a fresh replacement for the retiree making calls at this level for the first time...

    And so it goes...

    NFL grading and continuing education should reduce the calls over time.

    I think to this point, and what still makes me mad about week one, is that if you're going to "emphasize" that you gotta call it both ways. The Browns were extremely sloppy week one, but the 18-5 flag discrepancy was and still is unacceptable. Myles Garrett literally looked at the ref with his helmet almost off his head the ref just shrugged his shoulders. And obviously based on last night the Titans aren't some "disciplined" team. 

    Point is and continues to be the NFL has a serious referee issue.

    @jrb12711 said:

    ... the 18-5 flag discrepancy...

    I hear ya, but I thought we earned that margin...