Darnold ruled out for Monday
-
Darnold had "Mono"... a/k/a "the kissing disease"...
Trevor Siemian, recent Elway savior turned castoff, is the NYJ backup. Numbers he racked up in Denver are decent... for a backup.
And our history vs. backups is littered with bad results. Once upon a time it seemed that whenever we knocked out a starter, the #2 beat us.
I doubt Gase is going to put the game on Trevor's shoulders. Expect them to "pound the rock" early and often.
Darnold had "Mono"... a/k/a "the kissing disease"...
Trevor Siemian, recent Elway savior turned castoff, is the NYJ backup. Numbers he racked up in Denver are decent... for a backup.
And our history vs. backups is littered with bad results. Once upon a time it seemed that whenever we knocked out a starter, the #2 beat us.
I doubt Gase is going to put the game on Trevor's shoulders. Expect them to "pound the rock" early and often.
to make matters worse, it appears bell may not be able to go, but not 100 percent sure at this time...i have seen this time and time again...this looks like a recipe for disaster for the browns....they will as you say, run run run and rely on their d which is quite good....this game will be closer than anyone thinks..
-
WebMD.....
Mononucleosis, often called "mono," is an illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. When mono occurs during adolescence or adulthood, symptoms are more severe --high fever that can last up to three weeks, swollen lymph glands in the back of the neck, and severe sore throat. Rare but major complications that can develop from mono include rupture of the spleen.
When the Browns get you down? just Listen to a Jets fan ?...
-
WebMD.....
Mononucleosis, often called "mono," is an illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. When mono occurs during adolescence or adulthood, symptoms are more severe --high fever that can last up to three weeks, swollen lymph glands in the back of the neck, and severe sore throat. Rare but major complications that can develop from mono include rupture of the spleen. Follow the links below to find WebMD's comprehensive coverage about how mononucleosis is contracted, what it looks like, how to treat it, and much more......
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Jets might be screwed for awhile.
My buddy got mono senior year high school (12 years ago, to be fair) and they would absolutely not let him play football (or any contact sport) for a month based on his spleen being "sensitive". That didn't have to do with his case being severe, just standard practice, On top of that as you've noted, this really has almost pneumonia type symptoms. I have zero clue how they treat this nowadays, but I'd bet he misses a full month.
My buddy got mono senior year high school (12 years ago, to be fair) and they would absolutely not let him play football (or any contact sport) for a month based on his spleen being "sensitive". That didn't have to do with his case being severe, just standard practice, On top of that as you've noted, this really has almost pneumonia type symptoms. I have zero clue how they treat this nowadays, but I'd bet he misses a full month.
It's a viral infection- there's still no effective way to treat it, other than doing symptomatic relief stuff.....
"Because your spleen may become enlarged as a result of infectious mononucleosis, you should avoid contact sports until you fully recover. Participating in contact sports can be strenuous and may cause the spleen to rupture." You can bet the Jets Docs will do an ultrasound on Sam to check on his spleen before they let him resume contact...
A ruptured spleen can be life threatening due to internal blood loss....
-
-
That’s a shame. Did they run out of knife murderers for commentary?
Who is a knife murderer?
-
-
Browns win easy, but then here comes back all the over-hype which hurts them like in week 1. OBJ is really gonna want to excel with the game being in NYC. He wants to make the fans sorry he was traded out of NY, even though this isn't the team who did it.
Jets secondary is terrible. Bakes should rip it to shreds. I'm gonna say, Browns 24, NY 13.
-
Perfect trap game. If I was Freddie I'd coach these fuckers up like we are going up against the Patriots. If I saw one ounce of lazy shit I'd flip the fuck out on them.
-
Le'Veon Bell with negative MRI will be ready to play Monday night.
-
Darnold had "Mono"... a/k/a "the kissing disease"...
Trevor Siemian, recent Elway savior turned castoff, is the NYJ backup. Numbers he racked up in Denver are decent... for a backup.
And our history vs. backups is littered with bad results. Once upon a time it seemed that whenever we knocked out a starter, the #2 beat us.
I doubt Gase is going to put the game on Trevor's shoulders. Expect them to "pound the rock" early and often.
our history vs. backups is littered with bad results
Anybody know the Browns record against backup QBs? Isn't it like 1-107
YUP!! First thing I thought when I heard it on the radio today at work.
Second thing I thought was, we're now in a no win situation. If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB. And if we lose....well...you know....
-
our history vs. backups is littered with bad results
Anybody know the Browns record against backup QBs? Isn't it like 1-107
YUP!! First thing I thought when I heard it on the radio today at work.
Second thing I thought was, we're now in a no win situation. If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB. And if we lose....well...you know....
YUP!! First thing I thought when I heard it on the radio today at work.
Second thing I thought was, we're now in a no win situation. If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB. And if we lose....well...you know....
From a media perspective you are totally right, that said it will still count as a W
-
our history vs. backups is littered with bad results
Anybody know the Browns record against backup QBs? Isn't it like 1-107
YUP!! First thing I thought when I heard it on the radio today at work.
Second thing I thought was, we're now in a no win situation. If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB. And if we lose....well...you know....
we're now in a no win situation. If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB. And if we lose....well...you know....
Screw the media....its a win win if we win..cause a win is a win is a win.....
Besides...they're more worried about what Odell will be wearing then if we actually win......
-
we're now in a no win situation. If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB. And if we lose....well...you know....
Screw the media....its a win win if we win..cause a win is a win is a win.....
Besides...they're more worried about what Odell will be wearing then if we actually win......
-
I honestly think the jets win. I have no confidence that Kitchens knows what the hell hes doing, the watch bullshit and Greg Williams bitching by Beckham this week has been nauseating, the defense is immature and not experienced with winning, Baker will hold the ball as long as the Titanic film runtime while also not being helped by the redneck calling plays in over his head, the offensive line injuries make it a mess, Chubb will only get 10 carries while averaging 15 yards a carry, and our field goal kicker needs a seeing eye dog.
-
I honestly think the jets win. I have no confidence that Kitchens knows what the hell hes doing, the watch bullshit and Greg Williams bitching by Beckham this week has been nauseating, the defense is immature and not experienced with winning, Baker will hold the ball as long as the Titanic film runtime while also not being helped by the redneck calling plays in over his head, the offensive line injuries make it a mess, Chubb will only get 10 carries while averaging 15 yards a carry, and our field goal kicker needs a seeing eye dog.
I honestly think the jets win. I have no confidence that Kitchens knows what the hell hes doing, the watch bullshit and Greg Williams bitching by Beckham this week has been nauseating, the defense is immature and not experienced with winning, Baker will hold the ball as long as the Titanic film runtime while also not being helped by the redneck calling plays in over his head, the offensive line injuries make it a mess, Chubb will only get 10 carries while averaging 15 yards a carry, and our field goal kicker needs a seeing eye dog.
Have a Wellbutryn and a Midol...... Time will slow down shortly....3... 2... 1.....
-
-
Siemian at this moment gives the Jets a better chance to win the game Monday. If the Jets can somehow block up front and get a run game going this is a dangerous game.
Now if Mosley can’t go or is restricted that is the bigger news. The Jets are hurting at LB and we could easily put up big numbers if that scenario plays out.
I expect the Browns to be pissed off and play inspired football and be disciplined we got bigger problems if that doesn’t play out
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
