Skip to content

Josh Cribbs named first time candidate for Pro-Football Hall of Fame

The Browns Board
29 16 712 1
  • @icecube said:

    fat guy speedo GIF

    Dude, quit posting your pictures.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Dude, quit posting your pictures.

    I think he wants you to "FLUFF" it for him lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    Anyone who had played five years ago would now be a candidate for the Hall of Fame. That doesn’t mean they’re gonna come close to getting in. I fully expect him to be ignored by the HOF voters . Who in history has ever made the Hall of Fame purely as a kick returner

    Not only that, he was a good K/P returner, but not one of the best ever. No way he even sniffs the HOF.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @icecube said:

    Not only that, he was a good K/P returner, but not one of the best ever. No way he even sniffs the HOF.

    I disagree I think he was one of the best ever but still again name me any Hall of Famer his primary job was to return kicks

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #21

     Shows them all..The spin out in KC & the sideline dash in Pittsburgh still ties as my fave "take it to the Cribb" moments..how bout yours? but while were at it..man, i miss those sweet jerseys..     

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I've always been more partial to Eric Metcalf who could do it all and had 12 total punt/KO returns for TDs.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Dude, quit posting your pictures.

    I think he wants you to "FLUFF" it for him lol

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nickers said:

    I think he wants you to "FLUFF" it for him lol

    Considering how often you seem to be coming to DieHard's rescue lately, I think he'd have to get in line behind you. 

    Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. 

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I would put his chances of getting in...ever....at 5% on this vote I'm gonna say 0%

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    My first take was I'd agree... except have you looked at this year's nominees?

    Time for a new thread...

  • Anyone who had played five years ago would now be a candidate for the Hall of Fame. That doesn’t mean they’re gonna come close to getting in. I fully expect him to be ignored by the HOF voters . Who in history has ever made the Hall of Fame purely as a kick returner

    marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    Anyone who had played five years ago would now be a candidate for the Hall of Fame. That doesn’t mean they’re gonna come close to getting in. I fully expect him to be ignored by the HOF voters . Who in history has ever made the Hall of Fame purely as a kick returner

    I’m with you. Besides I think Metcalf should be considered before Josh. Josh was awesome but Metcalf did more as a runner and receiver.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Anyone who had played five years ago would now be a candidate for the Hall of Fame. That doesn’t mean they’re gonna come close to getting in. I fully expect him to be ignored by the HOF voters . Who in history has ever made the Hall of Fame purely as a kick returner

    I’m with you. Besides I think Metcalf should be considered before Josh. Josh was awesome but Metcalf did more as a runner and receiver.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @marcus said:

    I’m with you. Besides I think Metcalf should be considered before Josh. Josh was awesome but Metcalf did more as a runner and receiver.

    No doubt. And his daddy Terry was a great football player.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Many seem to forget that Cribbs was pretty damn good on coverage too and made many tackles. Hell, his jersey is already there. 

  • Many seem to forget that Cribbs was pretty damn good on coverage too and made many tackles. Hell, his jersey is already there. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Many seem to forget that Cribbs was pretty damn good on coverage too and made many tackles. Hell, his jersey is already there. 

    Close maybe but I would give the edge to Metcalf......but enjoyed watching them both.   Steve Tasker is still my #1 on the most deserving ST list.