Skip to content

***Jets VS Browns Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
201 39 6.2k 1
  • One thing that stood out to me last night was Garrett's demeanor. I have not seen him play with such intensity to really run through people rather than just bring them down. I think he was trying to make an emphatic statement to Williams that he really could have done better last year without a muzzle on his playing options. I believe he made his point to all of us.

    @texasag1969 said:

     I have not seen him play with such intensity to really run through people rather than just bring them down.

    I think that perhpas it's a case of "function following form"...

    Put another way Garrett looks bigger and stronger this season so no his bull rush is more effective than ever.

    And the good news is that he hasn't lost a step.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Across the league. It really is nfl preseason. August is all about setting the roster. Sept is the practice season. A lot of the slop goes away come October. Except officiating in Miami.

    FIFY

    @texasag1969 said:

     I hope this does not get into Myles' head, because it was not really his fault how the QB's leg tucked under himself the wrong way rather than take a better fall.

    Crossed my mind as well... hope he takes solace in not trying to injure, just trying to impact. I'm guessing that was the case.

    It would not shock me to hear that he called Trevor to wish him a speedy recovery and return to the league.

  • The Jets actually had the ball longer than we did.    (...just checked out the game book)

    OBJ was targeted 10 times (6 catches).  Landry 7 targets (3 catches)

    TE's targeted 3 times with 1 measly 4 yard catch.   It is THIS position (along with Higgins) that was supposed to flourish with OBJ & Landry on the field.  Higgins didn't suit up and Njoku was lost early in the game.  Higgins' replacement chipped in with a couple of 20+ yard receptions (Ratley) but it is Higgins that Baker developed a 'feel' for when he arrived in Cleveland.  Ratley was  hurt (again).

    Basically, we were without two weapons. 

    At TE, without Njoku, we're without a TE to throw to.  At least that's the way it looks right now.  You'd be tempted to want DeValve back, but really, he was just a tall lumbering lug who couldn't stay out of the medical tent.  We'll probably set TE as a mini-priority in next year's draft.

    ------------

    Freddie:

    I didn't like the idea of going for it on 4th down.  Fortunately, we benefited from a defensive penalty to convert one.  And Freddie was only bluffing on the two other 4th down plays.   The Jets were crippled.  We should've kept punting them deep in their end (which is what we did).  BTW, Hue was too dumb to try and draw a D offsides on 4th down.

    I didn't understand all of the passing in the closing minutes of the game.  I mean, why put Baker in position to get injured with a 20 point lead on a team with a crippled offense?  It didn't make sense to me.  We should've been running the ball and punting if we had to.  

    @orion said:

    The Jets actually had the ball longer than we did.    (...just checked out the game book)

    OBJ was targeted 10 times (6 catches).  Landry 7 targets (3 catches)

    TE's targeted 3 times with 1 measly 4 yard catch.   It is THIS position (along with Higgins) that was supposed to flourish with OBJ & Landry on the field.  Higgins didn't suit up and Njoku was lost early in the game.  Higgins' replacement chipped in with a couple of 20+ yard receptions (Ratley) but it is Higgins that Baker developed a 'feel' for when he arrived in Cleveland.  Ratley was  hurt (again).

    Basically, we were without two weapons. 

    At TE, without Njoku, we're without a TE to throw to.  At least that's the way it looks right now.  You'd be tempted to want DeValve back, but really, he was just a tall lumbering lug who couldn't stay out of the medical tent.  We'll probably set TE as a mini-priority in next year's draft.

    ------------

    Freddie:

    I didn't like the idea of going for it on 4th down.  Fortunately, we benefited from a defensive penalty to convert one.  And Freddie was only bluffing on the two other 4th down plays.   The Jets were crippled.  We should've kept punting them deep in their end (which is what we did).  BTW, Hue was too dumb to try and draw a D offsides on 4th down.

    I didn't understand all of the passing in the closing minutes of the game.  I mean, why put Baker in position to get injured with a 20 point lead on a team with a crippled offense?  It didn't make sense to me.  We should've been running the ball and punting if we had to.  

    all i can say is lucky we played the jets with their injuries...other than miami, we would have got our asses kicked...we play like this against the next 5 teams, we will not win one of those games....never saw so much undiscipline play in my life...the ol stinks...poor baker.....at least we cut the penalties down to what...8, which is still bad....fucking someone has to smack garrett in the head...he's heading for possible ejection with his play....we will see how we play against a  quality team in the rams this sunday......somehow i think its going to show that we should have hired williams instead of kitchens.... 

  • The browns are a mystery box, good d, Inconsistent offense, playmakers can make things happen when they get the ball, young quarterback that learned a lot tonight. Baker was inconsistent. 

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    The browns are a mystery box, good d, Inconsistent offense, playmakers can make things happen when they get the ball, young quarterback that learned a lot tonight. Baker was inconsistent. 

    combo of bad throws and a terrible ol......he's going to on ir if this keeps up....soooon.....

  • @d-bone said:

    Tried to sign up for the new Tavern........... makes me wish we had the old shitty one instead. Guess I'll artificially up my post count on this thread so I really look like I know what I'm talking about. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    I finally got it. What a pain.

    I did urge everyone to register and check it out EARLY...

    Some people are simply uncoachable... 🙄

    @tour2ma said:

    I did urge everyone to register and check it out EARLY...

    Some people are simply uncoachable... 🙄

    I was busy moving into a new home and getting my previous home of 29yrs ready to rent. Monday's game was the first snap I've seen of Browns football this year........ but I eventually found a way into the Tavern.

    Now to see if I can do it again. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I did urge everyone to register and check it out EARLY...

    Some people are simply uncoachable... 🙄

    I was busy moving into a new home and getting my previous home of 29yrs ready to rent. Monday's game was the first snap I've seen of Browns football this year........ but I eventually found a way into the Tavern.

    Now to see if I can do it again. 

    @d-bone said:

    I was busy moving into a new home and getting my previous home of 29yrs ready to rent. Monday's game was the first snap I've seen of Browns football this year........ but I eventually found a way into the Tavern.

    Now to see if I can do it again. 

    If you saved your password on your computer it should be easy. It tossed me out once Monday and I got right back with the saved password.

  • I'm still of the belief that Baker is pressing too much and because of this, isn't seeing the field as he should.

    Exhibit A)

  • I'm still of the belief that Baker is pressing too much and because of this, isn't seeing the field as he should.

    Exhibit A)

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm still of the belief that Baker is pressing too much and because of this, isn't seeing the field as he should.

    Exhibit A)

    I wasn't the only one who initially thought the sky cam was a player. Yeah Tia, last year that's an easy TD with the guy wide open....  

    It's been pointed out elsewhere he's missing stuff that he didn't last year.... The int thrown in OBJ's direction, he had Nick Chubb with no one within 5 yards of him. .....

  • He missed seeing open receivers last year...

    What he did not do is miss throws to the ones he saw.

    gum... you looked at the all-22 yet? Any confirmation/thoughts on Bito shading Robinson's way?

  • He missed seeing open receivers last year...

    What he did not do is miss throws to the ones he saw.

    gum... you looked at the all-22 yet? Any confirmation/thoughts on Bito shading Robinson's way?

    @tour2ma said:

    gum... you looked at the all-22 yet? Any confirmation/thoughts on Bito shading Robinson's way?

    taking a 2nd look at 2 things..my tavern concern was Joel's head turned right pre-snap, looking at Bake, feeding Tretter when to snap or any line changes..just looked odd & surprised we were not flagged on a few that Joel seemed to roll out of early.. 2nd..I don't get all the chatter about Baker not getting the play in or out of huddle... I logged when Baker walked out of huddle..Bakes got more time than Hue ever allowed for Kizer 😛.. only 3 snaps were under 5 secs..which 2 could have got flagged..16 were snapped 6-10 secs..25 with 11-15 seconds left on play clock.. Annyy-who?..over 60% of the snaps he had time to read & adjust..he might not be there yet after Lincoln Riley & Baker wrote the book on up tempo jumps starts a QB's rhythm..                        On to Robinson.Joel's head turned away from Robinison inside gap is bothersome at the sight of it. The only chance Robbie & Hub have got is when they get their hands inside..ask the refs😉.. did see the better line play, but it was a banged up Jets front. And we want no part of that Jags D' front from last night. Also add D'Ernest Johnson to a game pass pro blocker..Ernie cracked 2 in the hole, that never came back?      

  • @tour2ma said:

    gum... you looked at the all-22 yet? Any confirmation/thoughts on Bito shading Robinson's way?

    taking a 2nd look at 2 things..my tavern concern was Joel's head turned right pre-snap, looking at Bake, feeding Tretter when to snap or any line changes..just looked odd & surprised we were not flagged on a few that Joel seemed to roll out of early.. 2nd..I don't get all the chatter about Baker not getting the play in or out of huddle... I logged when Baker walked out of huddle..Bakes got more time than Hue ever allowed for Kizer 😛.. only 3 snaps were under 5 secs..which 2 could have got flagged..16 were snapped 6-10 secs..25 with 11-15 seconds left on play clock.. Annyy-who?..over 60% of the snaps he had time to read & adjust..he might not be there yet after Lincoln Riley & Baker wrote the book on up tempo jumps starts a QB's rhythm..                        On to Robinson.Joel's head turned away from Robinison inside gap is bothersome at the sight of it. The only chance Robbie & Hub have got is when they get their hands inside..ask the refs😉.. did see the better line play, but it was a banged up Jets front. And we want no part of that Jags D' front from last night. Also add D'Ernest Johnson to a game pass pro blocker..Ernie cracked 2 in the hole, that never came back?      

    @gumby73 said:

    taking a 2nd look at 2 things..my tavern concern was Joel's head turned right pre-snap, looking at Bake, feeding Tretter when to snap or line changes..just looked odd & surprised we were not flagged on a few that Joel seemed to roll out of.. 2nd..I don't get all the chatter about Baker not getting the play in or out of huddle... I logged when Baker walked out of huddle..Bakes got more time than Hue ever allowed for Kizer 😛.. only 3 snaps were under 5 secs..which 2 could have got flagged..16 were snapped 6-10 secs..25 with 11-15 seconds left on play clock.. Annyy-who?..over 60% of the snaps he had time to read & adjust..he might not be there yet after Lincoln Riley & Baker wrote the book on up tempo jumps starts a QB's rhythm..                        On to Robinson.Joel's head turned away from Robinison inside gap is bothersome at the sight of it. The only chance Robbie & Hub have got is when they get their hands inside..ask the refs😉.. did see the better line play, but it was a banged up Jets front. And we want no part of that Jags D' front from last night. Also add D'Ernest Johnson to a game pass pro blocker..Ernie cracked 2 in the hole, that never came back?      

    I don’t know if this has anything to do with anything, but l notice Bitonio is typically the last guy to get into his stance pre snap. Kinda like he’s part of the timing mechanism of the play, and possibly a last minute checker outer of what the defense is doing.