Skip to content

***Jets VS Browns Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
201 39 6.2k 1
  • Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

  • Former Jets RB Elijah McGuire is reported to move up to 53 from PS, as Hillard will be out with concussion tonight..Pending move to do so is coming & not reported at this posting 

    @gumby73 said:

    Former Jets RB Elijah McGuire is reported to move up to 53 from PS, as Hillard will be out with concussion tonight..Pending move to do so is coming & not reported at this posting 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

    Now I see it..Drew Stanton will be coaching up Baker from the IR sidelines...just the way we drew it up😉

  • @gumby73 said:

    Former Jets RB Elijah McGuire is reported to move up to 53 from PS, as Hillard will be out with concussion tonight..Pending move to do so is coming & not reported at this posting 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

    Now I see it..Drew Stanton will be coaching up Baker from the IR sidelines...just the way we drew it up😉

    @gumby73 said:

    Now I see it..Drew Stanton will be coaching up Baker from the IR sidelines...just the way we drew it up😉

    Exactly.  But really, we're gonna need a guy an the PS.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Former Jets RB Elijah McGuire is reported to move up to 53 from PS, as Hillard will be out with concussion tonight..Pending move to do so is coming & not reported at this posting 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

    Now I see it..Drew Stanton will be coaching up Baker from the IR sidelines...just the way we drew it up😉

    @gumby73 said:

    Now I see it..Drew Stanton will be coaching up Baker from the IR sidelines...just the way we drew it up😉

    Thats how it shouldve been all along.....IR is a good way to not waste a roster spot..

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Calling out Greg Williams is not exactly what I would call "a minimum of chatter" or "learning that talking a good game doesn't mean squat". They just need to totally STFU and play the f'n game right! No BS or Browns colored watches, shoes and cars etc. Just win and let that do the talking! Be Joe Friday, "Just the facts mam."

    It’s been next to nothing compared to opening week. Other than OBJ, it’s been quiet

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    It’s been next to nothing compared to opening week. Other than OBJ, it’s been quiet

    Agreed....that giant egg they laid sure shut everyone up....and fast.......

    @jcam222 said:

    That’s because right now most of us are still in shock wondering if we have a turd team with a shiny coating or a solid gold team with just a little shit on the outside to clean up.

    Righto.....I was stunned at how terrible they looked.....Expect a complete turnaround this week.....

    But, if they play the same.....then all bets are off.....I think the season could spiral out of control and be a massive disappointment...

    That O line better come to play .......

  • The following Browns will be inactive for tonight's game against the Jets.

    S Damarious Randall 
    RB Dontrell Hilliard 
    DE Genard Avery 
    LB Adarius Taylor 
    C Austin Corbett 
    T Kendall Lamm 
    WR Rashard Higgins

    Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

  • Well, adversity breeds character. The Wife and I went out fishing, in our canoe w'trolling motor, had a great time, got fillets.

    Two days later, went out again, but as I went to start the truck and back down the ramp to put the boat in, nothin.

    Crawling under, figured out it was the starter. Two different guys came over, didn't go fishing, but helped me replace the starter.  A few hours later, finally got the starter off, taking "shifts" of cursing it, one one guy lived 2 mi from the lake, so he took me into town to get a new starter. Later, went back for different tools to get that one )(*^& bolt out. We needed a makeshift special tool for one bolt.

        Then we took turns trying to get the starter out from between the manifold and the engine. Tried and tried, completely unbolted, spun it around at every angle. Nope. We finally had to give up. I owe those guys. The one, a retired Marine said his reward would be for me to pass it on. So, I will one of these days.

       Next time out, trailer lights didn't work. Didn't realize it til we got to the lake. Had turn signals and brake lights, no running lights. Caught more bluegill, and a very large channel cat broke the hook off at the boat. We drove to our close friends' house, he and I figured it was a mini-fuse. Running lights worked!

    Next time out, the next day, we got to the lake, got ready to put the boat in the water, and my Wife, hands on her hips, looks at me and says "what happed to the paddles and fishing rods?" I'm like, "they are in the truck, right?" She says nope, she put them in the back of the truck bed. I forgot I was running errands with the truck and took em out and put em in the garage so I didn't have them stolen.

    Went to friends' house and borrowed fishing rods and paddle. Caught many fish.

    So, we are good to go, and I predict a huge win by the Browns tonight.

    Adversity breeds character, brings out the best in those who don't give up.

  • Mud got'em, good to see ya back Mud. Teller & McGary will give us our normal 7 on OL..JETS Out---Darnold/CJ Mosley/Q.Williams/RB B.Powell/J.F Meyers/J.Willis/Chuma Edoga...WR-Demaryius Thomas & RB L.Bell are both active..  Chris Smith a field game Captain tonight  ?

  • Omg can't wait for the game! 

  • The following Browns will be inactive for tonight's game against the Jets.

    S Damarious Randall 
    RB Dontrell Hilliard 
    DE Genard Avery 
    LB Adarius Taylor 
    C Austin Corbett 
    T Kendall Lamm 
    WR Rashard Higgins

    Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

    @mudfly said:

    The following Browns will be inactive for tonight's game against the Jets.

    S Damarious Randall 
    RB Dontrell Hilliard 
    DE Genard Avery 
    LB Adarius Taylor 
    C Austin Corbett 
    T Kendall Lamm 
    WR Rashard Higgins

    Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

    Why the heck is Avery out again?! 

  • Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

    Well....they WERE the Champions of that league.   We got that going for us. 

  • The following Browns will be inactive for tonight's game against the Jets.

    S Damarious Randall 
    RB Dontrell Hilliard 
    DE Genard Avery 
    LB Adarius Taylor 
    C Austin Corbett 
    T Kendall Lamm 
    WR Rashard Higgins

    Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

    @mudfly said:

    The following Browns will be inactive for tonight's game against the Jets.

    S Damarious Randall 
    RB Dontrell Hilliard 
    DE Genard Avery 
    LB Adarius Taylor 
    C Austin Corbett 
    T Kendall Lamm 
    WR Rashard Higgins

    Sorry to see Higgins out.....Corbett still inactive, even after last weeks OL debacle.......oh man, he must be worse than we even imagined(and I imagined pretty bad).....hope thats the right decision, knowing Lamm is out and how we could have used the extra OL last week....

    I fucking HATE the fucking "inactive" list.

    What fucking use does that device serve?  Not a fucking thing.  It is ignorant to have to pay guys and not be allowed to play them (while they are not hurt).

    Ignorant.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

    Well....they WERE the Champions of that league.   We got that going for us. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....they WERE the Champions of that league.   We got that going for us. 

    "Which is nice." 

    Hahahahaha. I'm not saying Gilbert would blow us away if he had to play, but I like him more than Stanton. However, I pray to the lord above that we don't have to see him play! 

    This game will come down to tackling and turnovers. If we tackle their short screens, we force punts, we win. We stay away from turnovers, we win. We're the better team, freakin PROVE IT. 

  • Today is my wife's birthday! 

    We are having lasagna and ice cream cake.

    The Browns are going to kill it. I have a feeling!!! 

  • Lets go browns. Shoot down the jets

  • Today is my wife's birthday! 

    We are having lasagna and ice cream cake.

    The Browns are going to kill it. I have a feeling!!! 

    @poeticg said:

    Today is my wife's birthday! 

    We are having lasagna and ice cream cake.

    What does Kevin Hogan get for his birthday? 

  • Tried to sign up for the new Tavern........... makes me wish we had the old shitty one instead. Guess I'll artificially up my post count on this thread so I really look like I know what I'm talking about. 

  • Tried to sign up for the new Tavern........... makes me wish we had the old shitty one instead. Guess I'll artificially up my post count on this thread so I really look like I know what I'm talking about. 

    @d-bone said:

    Tried to sign up for the new Tavern........... makes me wish we had the old shitty one instead. Guess I'll artificially up my post count on this thread so I really look like I know what I'm talking about. 

    ditto-more trouble than it was worth since if wanted me to sign up for some other shit first with a password etc. just for that.

  • Good drive, but run the damn ball down there Freddie. 

  • Why do we hate Chubb in the redzone?