Skip to content

Rams' game reality check

The Browns Board
87 25 2.1k 1
  • First... we have a FB... he's on IR.

    Second those above that said the OL was "improved" this week are correct... It was... Even PFF says so. We had two starters earn grades >80, Bito and Hubbard.

    Third, we ran pretty damn well early. Chubb opened with back-to-back carries for 8 and 4 yards... Chubb's 19-yard TD came with nearly 11 minutes left in Q2. Late in the game we went very conservative and after Chubb was thought to have been dinged most of those late carries went to D'Ernest... and he ain't Hillliard let alone Hunt.

    @tour2ma said:

    First... we have a FB... he's on IR.

    Second those above that said the OL was "improved" this week are correct... It was... Even PFF says so. We had two starters earn grades >80, Bito and Hubbard.

    Third, we ran pretty damn well early. Chubb opened with back-to-back carries for 8 and 4 yards... Chubb's 19-yard TD came with nearly 11 minutes left in Q2. Late in the game we went very conservative and after Chubb was thought to have been dinged most of those late carries went to D'Ernest... and he ain't Hillliard let alone Hunt.

    So, you don't have a FB. If it was a position that mattered, they'd have signed another one. What? If a positional player gets hurt, you just give up and don't sign another player to take his place? If FB mattered to the Browns they would have signed another. Fact is, you don't need a FB to have a prolific rushing game. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Unless the line has in a couple of minutes is anybody surprised we are only a 3-point dog?

    WSS

    Well, we're at home and I don't think the Rams have offensively blown up yet either. Browns are still getting some good media love and many still seem to think we'll get it together soon. Will we? I dunno, but it won't help losing Njoku because our other TEs aren't exactly all world. 

    This game definitely has me worried for Baker's safety, as he won't be able to hold onto the ball as long this week without dying. What makes me feel good is how Freddie is stressing getting the rock out quicker, so that tells me they'll work on getting it right. The funny thing is, it would not surprise me to see us play much better and win, and it also wouldn't surprise me if we laid an egg, lol. One thing I do know is that we need to get Baker cooking EARLY, and I'm confident that we will. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Well, we're at home and I don't think the Rams have offensively blown up yet either. Browns are still getting some good media love and many still seem to think we'll get it together soon. Will we? I dunno, but it won't help losing Njoku because our other TEs aren't exactly all world. 

    This game definitely has me worried for Baker's safety, as he won't be able to hold onto the ball as long this week without dying. What makes me feel good is how Freddie is stressing getting the rock out quicker, so that tells me they'll work on getting it right. The funny thing is, it would not surprise me to see us play much better and win, and it also wouldn't surprise me if we laid an egg, lol. One thing I do know is that we need to get Baker cooking EARLY, and I'm confident that we will. 

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

  • Definitely need to step up the running game and utilize Chubb better......the whole flow to the offense has been very disjointed... the limited running plays weve seen have not been properly set up either.....not so sure its an issue with the line, as much as the flow and predictability of the plays....Freddie and Baker both need to settle down and develop some chemistry(and patience)....

    @mudfly said:

    Definitely need to step up the running game and utilize Chubb better......the whole flow to the offense has been very disjointed... the limited running plays weve seen have not been properly set up either.....not so sure its an issue with the line, as much as the flow and predictability of the plays....Freddie and Baker both need to settle down and develop some chemistry(and patience)....

    I agree with this, I think we were too pass happy in the second half of the game Monday. More Chubb to setup the play action. I love that Baker is looking to take deep shots but he seems more intent on doing this so far instead of hitting whats available. We have seen him hold the ball too long while shorter routes were open and he has missed some throws last year he hit with regularity. I think more focus on the run game makes everything else better, we try to get in a shoot out Sunday Night we will lose.

  • @mudfly said:

    Definitely need to step up the running game and utilize Chubb better......the whole flow to the offense has been very disjointed... the limited running plays weve seen have not been properly set up either.....not so sure its an issue with the line, as much as the flow and predictability of the plays....Freddie and Baker both need to settle down and develop some chemistry(and patience)....

    I agree with this, I think we were too pass happy in the second half of the game Monday. More Chubb to setup the play action. I love that Baker is looking to take deep shots but he seems more intent on doing this so far instead of hitting whats available. We have seen him hold the ball too long while shorter routes were open and he has missed some throws last year he hit with regularity. I think more focus on the run game makes everything else better, we try to get in a shoot out Sunday Night we will lose.

    @runyon27 said:

    I agree with this, I think we were too pass happy in the second half of the game Monday. More Chubb to setup the play action. I love that Baker is looking to take deep shots but he seems more intent on doing this so far instead of hitting whats available. We have seen him hold the ball too long while shorter routes were open and he has missed some throws last year he hit with regularity. I think more focus on the run game makes everything else better, we try to get in a shoot out Sunday Night we will lose.

    http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/statistics?team=LA

    I worry about LA's top 3 WRs. Sure they can cover 1 well, maybe 2, but all 3?

    Kupp

    Cooks and

    Woods? 

    Plus Gurley is healthy for now. Sure, Garrett will have his moments...but Malcom Brown is rushing for the same apc (5.3) as Todd. Put it this way: Browns must progress and play better than they have so far this season or a win will be tough to nab. Freddie better learn quick, on the job. Real quick.  

  • We should be some what concerned because we only have 4 Touchdowns for the season? That is not good at all when you look at the talent we have and the 2 Defenses we went up against. We should of put up over 30 against the Jets by the 3rd Quarter. We should of had way more against the titans  We need to run the ball more in the red zone and run it right up the gut on 3rd and short, Not some stupid ass 3 yard side line route that gets thrown in to triple coverage and is thrown 20 yards out of bounds. Very poor play calling at this point, Very poor. And now we mite of lost our very good TE for the season by hanging him out to dry on what would of only been a 3 yard gain if even caught. We do not look like a 500 team let alone a Playoff contender. 

    @medicineman said:

    We should be some what concerned because we only have 4 Touchdowns for the season? That is not good at all when you look at the talent we have and the 2 Defenses we went up against. We should of put up over 30 against the Jets by the 3rd Quarter. We should of had way more against the titans  We need to run the ball more in the red zone and run it right up the gut on 3rd and short, Not some stupid ass 3 yard side line route that gets thrown in to triple coverage and is thrown 20 yards out of bounds. Very poor play calling at this point, Very poor. And now we mite of lost our very good TE for the season by hanging him out to dry on what would of only been a 3 yard gain if even caught. We do not look like a 500 team let alone a Playoff contender. 

    I know I am dating myself, but didn't that play remind you of the hit Browns put on Don Beebe in the playoffs? It was the season before the Bills got really good. He's so lucky he walked away. 

  • Bring em on!

    E349CA79-0DA8-4B91-A681-E71161A73767.jpeg

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Well, we're at home and I don't think the Rams have offensively blown up yet either. Browns are still getting some good media love and many still seem to think we'll get it together soon. Will we? I dunno, but it won't help losing Njoku because our other TEs aren't exactly all world. 

    This game definitely has me worried for Baker's safety, as he won't be able to hold onto the ball as long this week without dying. What makes me feel good is how Freddie is stressing getting the rock out quicker, so that tells me they'll work on getting it right. The funny thing is, it would not surprise me to see us play much better and win, and it also wouldn't surprise me if we laid an egg, lol. One thing I do know is that we need to get Baker cooking EARLY, and I'm confident that we will. 

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    @icecube said:

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

  • @icecube said:

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    I knew a very avid and somewhat successful gambler that looked at the injury report first and then bet the team with the most names listed. Doesn’t really make sense to me but he did win money that way...... Go figure

  • And the reality check for the boys from LA..... how many time zones? Jet lag, allergic to clean air, and a good chance for rain. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    I knew a very avid and somewhat successful gambler that looked at the injury report first and then bet the team with the most names listed. Doesn’t really make sense to me but he did win money that way...... Go figure

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I knew a very avid and somewhat successful gambler that looked at the injury report first and then bet the team with the most names listed. Doesn’t really make sense to me but he did win money that way...... Go figure

    LOL, well hopefully that holds true because I'm not sure how we're going to put 53 players in PADS Sunday night.  The only way we win in my eyes is if we have "that game" where the defense gets a pick-6, the special teams has a huge play, we cause several turnovers (an INT would be nice at SOME point, right?  lol), and we can run the ball all night.  We were relatively lucky last year with injuries, and this year has started out pretty rough.  If Hubbard can't go, I don't want to THINK about what our backup is going to look like.  Also, BOTH starting safeties have yet to practice and it's not looking good for either.  

    *sigh*

  • @icecube said:

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

    Red Zone  reported "chest  injury". We'll see. 

  • 6 or 7 starters could be missing for the game Siunday

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    It's not confirmed yet, but it doesn't look good. Right now he's getting a second opinion, but it sounds like a torn pec. 

    We could literally be without our entire secondary, and I'm not even being dramatic. Randall is ruled out, Burnett is questionable, as are Greedy and Ward. Kirskey is out, Hubbard might play, and we're going to be without Njoku for at least a month, but I'm guessing much longer. 

    Ughhhhhhh..... 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

    Red Zone  reported "chest  injury". We'll see. 

    @hoorta said:

    Red Zone  reported "chest  injury". We'll see. 

    Browns roundtable with Grossi And Dieken speculated Torn Pec. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    It's not confirmed yet, but it doesn't look good. Right now he's getting a second opinion, but it sounds like a torn pec. 

    We could literally be without our entire secondary, and I'm not even being dramatic. Randall is ruled out, Burnett is questionable, as are Greedy and Ward. Kirskey is out, Hubbard might play, and we're going to be without Njoku for at least a month, but I'm guessing much longer. 

    Ughhhhhhh..... 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's not confirmed yet, but it doesn't look good. Right now he's getting a second opinion, but it sounds like a torn pec. 

    We could literally be without our entire secondary, and I'm not even being dramatic. Randall is ruled out, Burnett is questionable, as are Greedy and Ward. Kirskey is out, Hubbard might play, and we're going to be without Njoku for at least a month, but I'm guessing much longer. 

    Ughhhhhhh..... 

    Greedy and Ward are irreplaceable we can deal without the others and probably feel no major setback from the backup.

    This is the kind of team that Greedy and Ward are made for - fleet footed smallish WRs the Rams have. Carrie no thanks against these guys- he will have five penalties 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    Heard a Pec injury as well. But do like the thought of M.Wilson getting the opportunity to get plenty of game time. We know he can drop into coverage underneath and line up with TE'S,Although I don't see LA's TE's as big threats. I think once the game slows down for him, he will be a steal and make Kirksey/Schobert Expendable.

  • Ward and Greedy now true gametime decisions 

  • Ward and Greedy now true gametime decisions 

    @jcam222 said:

    Ward and Greedy now true gametime decisions 

    I get the feeling that they are a lil healthier than the team is letting on. That wouldn’t be a first would it?