Skip to content

Rams' game reality check

The Browns Board
87 25 2.1k 1
  • We should be some what concerned because we only have 4 Touchdowns for the season? That is not good at all when you look at the talent we have and the 2 Defenses we went up against. We should of put up over 30 against the Jets by the 3rd Quarter. We should of had way more against the titans  We need to run the ball more in the red zone and run it right up the gut on 3rd and short, Not some stupid ass 3 yard side line route that gets thrown in to triple coverage and is thrown 20 yards out of bounds. Very poor play calling at this point, Very poor. And now we mite of lost our very good TE for the season by hanging him out to dry on what would of only been a 3 yard gain if even caught. We do not look like a 500 team let alone a Playoff contender. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @medicineman said:

    We should be some what concerned because we only have 4 Touchdowns for the season? That is not good at all when you look at the talent we have and the 2 Defenses we went up against. We should of put up over 30 against the Jets by the 3rd Quarter. We should of had way more against the titans  We need to run the ball more in the red zone and run it right up the gut on 3rd and short, Not some stupid ass 3 yard side line route that gets thrown in to triple coverage and is thrown 20 yards out of bounds. Very poor play calling at this point, Very poor. And now we mite of lost our very good TE for the season by hanging him out to dry on what would of only been a 3 yard gain if even caught. We do not look like a 500 team let alone a Playoff contender. 

    I know I am dating myself, but didn't that play remind you of the hit Browns put on Don Beebe in the playoffs? It was the season before the Bills got really good. He's so lucky he walked away. 

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Bring em on!

    E349CA79-0DA8-4B91-A681-E71161A73767.jpeg

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Well, we're at home and I don't think the Rams have offensively blown up yet either. Browns are still getting some good media love and many still seem to think we'll get it together soon. Will we? I dunno, but it won't help losing Njoku because our other TEs aren't exactly all world. 

    This game definitely has me worried for Baker's safety, as he won't be able to hold onto the ball as long this week without dying. What makes me feel good is how Freddie is stressing getting the rock out quicker, so that tells me they'll work on getting it right. The funny thing is, it would not surprise me to see us play much better and win, and it also wouldn't surprise me if we laid an egg, lol. One thing I do know is that we need to get Baker cooking EARLY, and I'm confident that we will. 

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @icecube said:

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

  • @icecube said:

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    I knew a very avid and somewhat successful gambler that looked at the injury report first and then bet the team with the most names listed. Doesn’t really make sense to me but he did win money that way...... Go figure

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #34

    And the reality check for the boys from LA..... how many time zones? Jet lag, allergic to clean air, and a good chance for rain. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    I knew a very avid and somewhat successful gambler that looked at the injury report first and then bet the team with the most names listed. Doesn’t really make sense to me but he did win money that way...... Go figure

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I knew a very avid and somewhat successful gambler that looked at the injury report first and then bet the team with the most names listed. Doesn’t really make sense to me but he did win money that way...... Go figure

    LOL, well hopefully that holds true because I'm not sure how we're going to put 53 players in PADS Sunday night.  The only way we win in my eyes is if we have "that game" where the defense gets a pick-6, the special teams has a huge play, we cause several turnovers (an INT would be nice at SOME point, right?  lol), and we can run the ball all night.  We were relatively lucky last year with injuries, and this year has started out pretty rough.  If Hubbard can't go, I don't want to THINK about what our backup is going to look like.  Also, BOTH starting safeties have yet to practice and it's not looking good for either.  

    *sigh*

  • @icecube said:

    They got to get Baker more open to hitting the open man instead of always trying to hit a big play. He is pushing too much so far. 

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

    Red Zone  reported "chest  injury". We'll see. 

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    6 or 7 starters could be missing for the game Siunday

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919
    #40

    @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    It's not confirmed yet, but it doesn't look good. Right now he's getting a second opinion, but it sounds like a torn pec. 

    We could literally be without our entire secondary, and I'm not even being dramatic. Randall is ruled out, Burnett is questionable, as are Greedy and Ward. Kirskey is out, Hubbard might play, and we're going to be without Njoku for at least a month, but I'm guessing much longer. 

    Ughhhhhhh..... 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Heard it was Likely a torn Pectoral.  

    Red Zone  reported "chest  injury". We'll see. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @hoorta said:

    Red Zone  reported "chest  injury". We'll see. 

    Browns roundtable with Grossi And Dieken speculated Torn Pec. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    It's not confirmed yet, but it doesn't look good. Right now he's getting a second opinion, but it sounds like a torn pec. 

    We could literally be without our entire secondary, and I'm not even being dramatic. Randall is ruled out, Burnett is questionable, as are Greedy and Ward. Kirskey is out, Hubbard might play, and we're going to be without Njoku for at least a month, but I'm guessing much longer. 

    Ughhhhhhh..... 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's not confirmed yet, but it doesn't look good. Right now he's getting a second opinion, but it sounds like a torn pec. 

    We could literally be without our entire secondary, and I'm not even being dramatic. Randall is ruled out, Burnett is questionable, as are Greedy and Ward. Kirskey is out, Hubbard might play, and we're going to be without Njoku for at least a month, but I'm guessing much longer. 

    Ughhhhhhh..... 

    Greedy and Ward are irreplaceable we can deal without the others and probably feel no major setback from the backup.

    This is the kind of team that Greedy and Ward are made for - fleet footed smallish WRs the Rams have. Carrie no thanks against these guys- he will have five penalties 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is basically it in a nutshell.  Baker has said as much, Freddie harped on it, and now it's time to put knowledge into action.

    That being said, it's going to be a tough ask for our team to win.  Our injury report is like nothing I've ever seen on week 3.  Kirksey is now out (likely for the year and probably won't play for us again), Demarious Randall is likely out, Hubbard hasn't practiced, Ward AND Greedy both came down with hamstring injuries yesterday (not sure how serious), Njoku out for month or more, and lord knows what else.  

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    Kirksey out for the year?   I have heard nothing about that.

    Heard a Pec injury as well. But do like the thought of M.Wilson getting the opportunity to get plenty of game time. We know he can drop into coverage underneath and line up with TE'S,Although I don't see LA's TE's as big threats. I think once the game slows down for him, he will be a steal and make Kirksey/Schobert Expendable.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Ward and Greedy now true gametime decisions 

  • Ward and Greedy now true gametime decisions 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @jcam222 said:

    Ward and Greedy now true gametime decisions 

    I get the feeling that they are a lil healthier than the team is letting on. That wouldn’t be a first would it?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    I get the feeling we're in deep trouble and I really don't see a weakness on this Rams team. And we're not likely to be any healthier next week at Baltimore, which totally sucks. Our entire freakin secondary is hurt, which I've literally never seen in my life through only two games. Hubbard is in a walking boot, and THAT scares me. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I heard even "the boot" is listed as doubtful...

  • I heard even "the boot" is listed as doubtful...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919
    #48

    @tour2ma said:

    I heard even "the boot" is listed as doubtful...

    Our podcast said they'd be extremely surprised to see Hubbard play Sunday night, so I guess we'll see.  To me, that means he's not going to play because they almost certainly have insider information, even if it's just watching him limp around.  To be fair, Tretter was in a boot basically the entire YEAR, but this doesn't sound like the same thing to me.  I'm extremely concerned about our tackle depth, as I don't think we even HAVE one on the roster.  

    Aside from Baker, Myles, or OBJ getting injured, we're having about as bad of luck as you can have right now.  This is what makes winning in the NFL so very difficult, as injuries are impossible to predict, and they drastically impact the performance of a team.  We didn't look great offensively when we HAD everyone out there, so I can't see how we're going to somehow "put it together" when missing our RT, TE, lord knows who else.  We had about the best injury luck on earth last year, and now it appears as if the pendulum has swung.  

    Now, this doesn't mean we CAN'T win, just that it would take a bizarre set of circumstances for us to pull it out.  It would go something like this:  The Rams settle for FG's virtually every drive and we whip out the "bend don't break" defense.  We have "that game" where the ball bounces our way, like the Rams fumble a punt return and we hop on it.  We deflect a pass at the line and it floats softly to Mack Wilson and he takes it to the house.  Rams have a coverage breakdown like the Jets and leave OBJ open down the field, or forget to cover Landry deep on a seam route.  We need to make our own luck, but we're also going to need some help from the football gods.  We're NOT going to be able to run the ball, as we're likely to be trailing early.  The Rams are probably going to tee off on our OL on passing downs, and I struggle to see how we can truly keep this close without some spectacular luck kicking in.  

    I don't want to sound negative, I HATE being negative after only two games when our team is 1-1, but this game feels very much like our last game against the Jets.  The Jets were completely banged up, just like we're going to be, and the only difference is that the Rams will hang a 50 burger on you if you come out stale.  The one point I want to continue to make, and the ONE thing that gives me SOME hope is that the Rams struggled during their first game of the season at Carolina, and the stats say that Goff doesn't play quite as well on the road.  That's as close of a weakness as the Rams have, and it's just how it is.  If we can hold them to FG's in the first half, manage to scrape together a few points and keep the game close as the second half goes on, we can MAYBE scratch out a win.  Keep it close and have one of your playmakers win the game for you.  Myles with the strip-sack and we return it for a TD, our secondary with the pick-6, or just a "routine" 60 yard TD bomb to OBJ.  Special players make special plays when you need them the most, and that's something we've been missing for a LONG time.

    C'mon Brownies, win a home game you're not supposed to win.  LET'S FREAKING GO. 

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    So far the Rams offense has been very flat. That combined with the fact Goff I pretty bad I’m away games might help us. Guys are going to have to step up.