Skip to content

Go Browns!

Locked The Browns Board
73 9 1.7k 1
  • 8B15E2CF-8327-4E78-A4A2-C9C83116DE98.jpeg

  • Is that really the best you can do flyingfooldoug? I feel like I entered a forum of pre-teens....

  • I’ve often said that you guys are living proof that anal sex can result in pregnancy.  And that’s all the time you get from me shithead

  • Ok 'Gipper', you are clearly a bit obtuse. Let me break it down for you:

    1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.
    2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

    3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

    Wow...The Gipper has really educated me on football.  I am wholly appreciative of that. 

    @steelersfan412 said:

    Ok 'Gipper', you are clearly a bit obtuse. Let me break it down for you:

    Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

    1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.

    Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.
    2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

    So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

    3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

    The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

    Wow...The Gipper has really educated me on football.  I am wholly appreciative of that. 

  • Is that really the best you can do flyingfooldoug? I feel like I entered a forum of pre-teens....

    @steelersfan412 said:

    Is that really the best you can do flyingfooldoug? I feel like I entered a forum of pre-teens....

    Steeler fans are rooster lollipops?  

  • @steelersfan412 said:

    Is that really the best you can do flyingfooldoug? I feel like I entered a forum of pre-teens....

    Steeler fans are rooster lollipops?  

    @the-gipper said:

    Steeler fans are rooster lollipops?  

    That or cock suckers. I go with the latter

  • This is some quality stuff. 

  • This is some quality stuff. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    This is some quality stuff.

    Molly Ringwalded it for ya.?

  • @steelersfan412 said:

    Ok 'Gipper', you are clearly a bit obtuse. Let me break it down for you:

    Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

    1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.

    Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.
    2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

    So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

    3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

    The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

    Wow...The Gipper has really educated me on football.  I am wholly appreciative of that. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

    1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.

    Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.
    2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

    So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

    3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

    The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

    1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

    2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

    3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

    I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

  • @steelersfan412 said:

    No, there was not. I'll reply when you re-join reality.

    No you won't, you will be too gutless and delusional to hear the facts.  We have dealt with ignorant Steeler trolls like you for decades...and everyone of them has had their ass handed to them when it comes to NFL history.  I would give you documentation....but you likely would not be capable of comprehending it.  I will just give you the bare bones basics:

    1920,  1922, 1923, 1924, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964.    Count them.  13 championships for Northeast Ohio. 

    And in case you had not heard,  this is the 100th anniversary being celebrated this year.  Not the 50th..or any other number...100.  If you need more data that you could hopefully be able to read, look at this:

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

    @the-gipper said:

    No you won't, you will be too gutless and delusional to hear the facts.  We have dealt with ignorant Steeler trolls like you for decades...and everyone of them has had their ass handed to them when it comes to NFL history.  I would give you documentation....but you likely would not be capable of comprehending it.  I will just give you the bare bones basics:

    1920,  1922, 1923, 1924, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964.    Count them.  13 championships for Northeast Ohio. 

    And in case you had not heard,  this is the 100th anniversary being celebrated this year.  Not the 50th..or any other number...100.  If you need more data that you could hopefully be able to read, look at this:

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

    Gip- even most Browns fans don't agree agree with your count. I don't count "Northeast Ohio" the same way Browns fans in Dayton don't count anything the Bengals have ever done. EDIT: that's the same as me claiming Dayton has a couple Super Bowl appearances- it's all SW Ohio, right?  Canton isn't the same as Cleveland- that's just spin on your part. Same as the Bears- the "Decatur Staleys" 180 miles away from Chicago. 

    Yeah go wax nostalgic about the Canton Bulldogs or Akron Pros- teams that went out of existence long before most of us were born- or even our parents.  Yeah the Titanic sank too- that's just about as relevant to the current NFL.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

    1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.

    Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.
    2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

    So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

    3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

    The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

    1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

    2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

    3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

    I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

    @steelersfan412 said:

    1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

    2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

    3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

    I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

    Just ignore Gipper, he's not going to give it up.   Most fans think the "real" modern era of the NFL started with the Super Bowl. What irks Browns fans is Steeler front runner fans thinking the history of the NFL started in 1970. 🙂  

    The ones in denial not being willing to admit before that, the pre 1970 Steelers were as bad as the post 1999 Browns.  🙂  

  • I'd say it boils down to a matter of opinion when the "real" modern era started. Did it start with the first AFC/NFC championship? Post merger? Eh, its all opinion.

    I'm no steelers front runner fan. A Pens front runner fan yes, but I'm only a small steelers fan. Hey, i've been to two steelers games though!

    On a side note, vegas superbowl odds went from +2200 to +2800 after yesterdays game. Is anyone on here placing any bets?

  • I'll say this- to Gipper. I don't- and almost no one else does- cares about your personal cockamamie definitions of "area" Championships that happened damn near 100 years ago.  Be my guest if you want to puff your chest out about long defunct franchises. I'd bet you could win a lot of money betting supposed NFL fans they couldn't name more than three of them. Those records most certainly don't relate to the franchise called the Cleveland Browns. Historically correct? Yep. Were you at any of those 1920s games? I don't think so. Possible my grandfather was, though I never got the chance to ask him. They're as much a relevant part of history as the Stock Market crash of the 20s to economics as the the current state of the NFL. Did you lose money then? Then stop your yammering, it's getting old.  

  • So again, no championships under the current league?

    I won a taco eating contest once. Let me add that to the list of the brownies championships...

    The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I came on here being perfectly pleasant and wishing well upon your team, and every response I have got has been 'ignorant' like a troll would do. Seems like browns fans have something lodged in their rectum... wonder why....

    @steelersfan412 said:

    So again, no championships under the current league?

    I won a taco eating contest once. Let me add that to the list of the brownies championships...

    The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I came on here being perfectly pleasant and wishing well upon your team, and every response I have got has been 'ignorant' like a troll would do. Seems like browns fans have something lodged in their rectum... wonder why....

    You must be Vagifags Boyfriend..

  • @steelersfan412 said:

    So again, no championships under the current league?

    I won a taco eating contest once. Let me add that to the list of the brownies championships...

    The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I came on here being perfectly pleasant and wishing well upon your team, and every response I have got has been 'ignorant' like a troll would do. Seems like browns fans have something lodged in their rectum... wonder why....

    You must be Vagifags Boyfriend..

    @nickers said:

    You must be Vagifags Boyfriend..

    Such a pleasant group of people here...

    No, never met Vagifag. But after the past few weeks, your wife has been calling me that. You should probably check her phone, shes been getting around.

  • @nickers said:

    You must be Vagifags Boyfriend..

    Such a pleasant group of people here...

    No, never met Vagifag. But after the past few weeks, your wife has been calling me that. You should probably check her phone, shes been getting around.

    @steelersfan412 said:

    Such a pleasant group of people here...

    No, never met Vagifag. But after the past few weeks, your wife has been calling me that. You should probably check her phone, shes been getting around.

    Well his name here is Vagitron.. You sound a lot like him.... Wives are overrated... Cost money.. And do nothing but whine.... I prefer one night stands as opposed to Lifetime commitments.. Besides.. I have better things to do like song composition rather than listening to some wife nag all goddamn day..

  • @steelersfan412 said:

    Such a pleasant group of people here...

    No, never met Vagifag. But after the past few weeks, your wife has been calling me that. You should probably check her phone, shes been getting around.

    Well his name here is Vagitron.. You sound a lot like him.... Wives are overrated... Cost money.. And do nothing but whine.... I prefer one night stands as opposed to Lifetime commitments.. Besides.. I have better things to do like song composition rather than listening to some wife nag all goddamn day..

    @nickers said:

    Well his name here is Vagitron.. You sound a lot like him.... My wife wouldn't be caught dead , or alive with pond scum like you.. She detests sissy boi's like you!

    Like I said, you should probably check her phone... You obviously don't know her as well as you think. She also doesn't like homophobes like you. Gotta give it to you though, she is really really good....

  • @nickers said:

    Well his name here is Vagitron.. You sound a lot like him.... My wife wouldn't be caught dead , or alive with pond scum like you.. She detests sissy boi's like you!

    Like I said, you should probably check her phone... You obviously don't know her as well as you think. She also doesn't like homophobes like you. Gotta give it to you though, she is really really good....

    @steelersfan412 said:

    Like I said, you should probably check her phone... You obviously don't know her as well as you think. Gotta give it to you though, she is really really good....

    I don't check other peoples phones... Thats creepy!

  • Probably should... well on second thought, don't. There are naked pictures of me. Would disgust a homophobe like you.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

    1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.

    Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.
    2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

    So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

    3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

    The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

    1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

    2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

    3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

    I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

    @steelersfan412 said:

    1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

    There is nothing you can say that can clarify what you say... because you just want to use some arbitrary point in time to count something that itself is arbitrary. There are any number of specific points in time that could be used....like the beginning of a new millenium.  Here is a news flash for you...the league began 100 years ago...EVERYTHING in that time period counts. What is it about THAT that YOU do not understand.

    2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

    Actually that is exactly what you are doing...you are wanting to ignore history, and ignore facts that exist....how is that not "twisting" them?

    3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

    And nobody gives a shit about what the NFL accepts or does not...because they are NOT the official anything associated with the maintainence of Pro Football's records.  And you say that there is nothing that I can educate you on.  OK, prove it.....give us the story about why the AAFC records are not accepted...You explain it to us.  Otherwise, you are a liar.

    I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    Quite the contrary, I m the one that has cut your nuts off, just as I do with every stupid steeler fan that comes on here. We do NOT buy your propaganda horseshit on here. We do not buy your revisionist history.  We do not buy your bullshit history that says the Earth was created in 1970...just in time for the Steelers to have come out of 40 years of ineptitude.   That is the specific reason why you do not want to recognize the facts...because the facts do you no good. 

    I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

    We/I  understand fucking  perfectly....I probably know more about the history of your team than you do. What you don't want to understand is the fact that you haven't even got half the titles that teams from NE Ohio have accumulated over the years....the 100 years, all of which count.  Call us when you do...catch up halfway that is (you ain't there yet...and 0-3 ain't gonna get you there any time soon)

    News flash for you:  things happened in the world before your short miserable existence started...or mine, and believe it or not....things happened in football before the Steeler franchise decided to wake up after their double Rip Van Winkle hibernation period.