Skip to content

Personel Issues

The Browns Board
53 15 1.4k 1
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The weird regression I see in Baker is he’s fleeing the pocket.  Some of the time it isn’t because of Pass rushers. If the ball is snapped and he’s going to his first read he’s in the pocket. If he goes to the second read or what appears to be a second or third WRs he’s not standing in and making the throw.  He’s rolling out sometimes retreating and throwing on the run.  Just a bad habit really.

    Im not saying the line is perfect, but we are seeing tons of zone with backers dropping and the four man blitz.  He’s given time in most of the circumstances and he’s going back to what I describe above.  Baker did a lot of work from the pocket last year and one of his better qualities was feeling the rush and moving around IN the pocket.  I don’t see the same this year. 

    Now the routes are awful too.  I am not impressed with the scheme and the effort so far.  We had a 3rd and 10 yesterday and we three side by side WRs running go routes!??? 

    The line is the convenient excuse- they were really bad in the 4th quarter yesterday.  McCray isn’t a RT in this league.  Hubbard has had some problems too.  Aside from Robinson’s bone head kick he’s serviceable we can certainly have a lot worse out there.  We have bigger problems than this group.  We need Kendall Lam back or we need to make a trade with a team that has tackle depth.  I would say TE is a priority too. 

    The rest is Fixing Baker and scheming better offensively.  Problems 1a and 1b

    I don’t think any major personnel moves need to be made.  Our depth as showcased last night is great defensively.  Bravo to the back 7.

    I disagree to this point......IF they are going to be so pourous as to let the interior D line of the opponents get on Baker's ass in 1.5 seconds....like they did last night.....then an asskicking blocking Fullback could possibly help in that area.  A second line of defense, if you will.   Baker is not going through his progressions mainly because he has no time to go through his progressions.  (Ergo, I also disagree with you statement that "He's give time in most circumstances"...totally disagree with that....at least as far a last night is concerned.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I disagree to this point......IF they are going to be so pourous as to let the interior D line of the opponents get on Baker's ass in 1.5 seconds....like they did last night.....then an asskicking blocking Fullback could possibly help in that area.  A second line of defense, if you will.   Baker is not going through his progressions mainly because he has no time to go through his progressions.  (Ergo, I also disagree with you statement that "He's give time in most circumstances"...totally disagree with that....at least as far a last night is concerned.)

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I disagree to this point......IF they are going to be so pourous as to let the interior D line of the opponents get on Baker's ass in 1.5 seconds....like they did last night.....then an asskicking blocking Fullback could possibly help in that area.  A second line of defense, if you will.   Baker is not going through his progressions mainly because he has no time to go through his progressions.  (Ergo, I also disagree with you statement that "He's give time in most circumstances"...totally disagree with that....at least as far a last night is concerned.)

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

    @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

    I know he did....but would it not have helped to have had a FB back there to slow him down a bit at least after he blew through our line? 

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

    I know he did....but would it not have helped to have had a FB back there to slow him down a bit at least after he blew through our line? 

    @the-gipper said:

    I know he did....but would it not have helped to have had a FB back there to slow him down a bit at least after he blew through our line? 

    I don't particularly have your fullback-a philia...:)  If the Browns were that worried about it, I suppose having Chubb or one of the TEs back there would have been about as effective as a designated fullback... 😁  Donald is so fast, you can almost use his speed against him- just have a body to get in his way....  And since he lines up in multiple places- that's not always going to work.  

    PS- still having Duke on the roster wouldn't have helped much, MHO. I don't think there's a player in the NFL who can block Aaron one on one.  

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The weird regression I see in Baker is he’s fleeing the pocket.  Some of the time it isn’t because of Pass rushers. If the ball is snapped and he’s going to his first read he’s in the pocket. If he goes to the second read or what appears to be a second or third WRs he’s not standing in and making the throw.  He’s rolling out sometimes retreating and throwing on the run.  Just a bad habit really.

    Im not saying the line is perfect, but we are seeing tons of zone with backers dropping and the four man blitz.  He’s given time in most of the circumstances and he’s going back to what I describe above.  Baker did a lot of work from the pocket last year and one of his better qualities was feeling the rush and moving around IN the pocket.  I don’t see the same this year. 

    Now the routes are awful too.  I am not impressed with the scheme and the effort so far.  We had a 3rd and 10 yesterday and we three side by side WRs running go routes!??? 

    The line is the convenient excuse- they were really bad in the 4th quarter yesterday.  McCray isn’t a RT in this league.  Hubbard has had some problems too.  Aside from Robinson’s bone head kick he’s serviceable we can certainly have a lot worse out there.  We have bigger problems than this group.  We need Kendall Lam back or we need to make a trade with a team that has tackle depth.  I would say TE is a priority too. 

    The rest is Fixing Baker and scheming better offensively.  Problems 1a and 1b

    I don’t think any major personnel moves need to be made.  Our depth as showcased last night is great defensively.  Bravo to the back 7.

    I disagree to this point......IF they are going to be so pourous as to let the interior D line of the opponents get on Baker's ass in 1.5 seconds....like they did last night.....then an asskicking blocking Fullback could possibly help in that area.  A second line of defense, if you will.   Baker is not going through his progressions mainly because he has no time to go through his progressions.  (Ergo, I also disagree with you statement that "He's give time in most circumstances"...totally disagree with that....at least as far a last night is concerned.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I disagree to this point......IF they are going to be so pourous as to let the interior D line of the opponents get on Baker's ass in 1.5 seconds....like they did last night.....then an asskicking blocking Fullback could possibly help in that area.  A second line of defense, if you will.   Baker is not going through his progressions mainly because he has no time to go through his progressions.  (Ergo, I also disagree with you statement that "He's give time in most circumstances"...totally disagree with that....at least as far a last night is concerned.)

    I thought Dernest Johnson did a great job at blitz pickup last week against the Jets. He had two snaps yesterday. 

    If we are in such dire need of TE and we don’t have a good unit there why not go FB- so to that point I agree.

    the line played poorly for a lot of the second half last night.

    but if you honestly look at most of our pass plays he has more than 1.5 seconds it may not seem like in fact it won’t seem like when he’s leaving the pocket with NO pressure on him.  He’s doing it a ton.  Watch the tape. It’s a problem makes you susceptible to pressure on the outside too something we aren’t accustomed to handling especially with a backup guard playing right tackle.

    Baker and our O scheme is the problem.  Next I’d put Oline particularly the RT spot, TE personnel grouping and Higgins being out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I disagree to this point......IF they are going to be so pourous as to let the interior D line of the opponents get on Baker's ass in 1.5 seconds....like they did last night.....then an asskicking blocking Fullback could possibly help in that area.  A second line of defense, if you will.   Baker is not going through his progressions mainly because he has no time to go through his progressions.  (Ergo, I also disagree with you statement that "He's give time in most circumstances"...totally disagree with that....at least as far a last night is concerned.)

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

    @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

    I’m going to play devils advocate...he left some huge rush lanes that we took too long to exploit.

    you RUN at him, you trap him - take him up field and hit the spot he vacated.  We had some nice runs at him not so much when he wasn’t cutting off the backside and making plays across the field.

    unbelievable talent but you can scheme him out for some of the game in fact use his penetration against him 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I know he did....but would it not have helped to have had a FB back there to slow him down a bit at least after he blew through our line? 

    I don't particularly have your fullback-a philia...:)  If the Browns were that worried about it, I suppose having Chubb or one of the TEs back there would have been about as effective as a designated fullback... 😁  Donald is so fast, you can almost use his speed against him- just have a body to get in his way....  And since he lines up in multiple places- that's not always going to work.  

    PS- still having Duke on the roster wouldn't have helped much, MHO. I don't think there's a player in the NFL who can block Aaron one on one.  

    @hoorta said:

    I don't particularly have your fullback-a philia...:)  If the Browns were that worried about it, I suppose having Chubb or one of the TEs back there would have been about as effective as a designated fullback... 😁  Donald is so fast, you can almost use his speed against him- just have a body to get in his way....  And since he lines up in multiple places- that's not always going to work.  

    PS- still having Duke on the roster wouldn't have helped much, MHO. I don't think there's a player in the NFL who can block Aaron one on one.  

    Well....Right....no, there is no one that can block him one on one.....but that is essentially what the Browns tried to do it seems.   The question is:  can they block him  with two on one.   Have the OC or OG in there...and also have a RB...be it a fullback or anyone else who can block also in their chipping on him, or full blown blasting on him.   Slow him down...some at least, so that Baker doesn't have to scramble after 1.5 seconds on every play...and so he can maybe make some 1 or 2 reads after his first. 

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ I'll say this Gipper it was easy to see why Donald is a multiple D-MVP winner. Bunch of times he blew through there essentially untouched before our o-line even stood up....  

    Myles has some serious catching up to do if he wants to get that honor....  

    I’m going to play devils advocate...he left some huge rush lanes that we took too long to exploit.

    you RUN at him, you trap him - take him up field and hit the spot he vacated.  We had some nice runs at him not so much when he wasn’t cutting off the backside and making plays across the field.

    unbelievable talent but you can scheme him out for some of the game in fact use his penetration against him 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to play devils advocate...he left some huge rush lanes that we took too long to exploit.

    you RUN at him, you trap him - take him up field and hit the spot he vacated.  We had some nice runs at him not so much when he wasn’t cutting off the backside and making plays across the field.

    unbelievable talent but you can scheme him out for some of the game in fact use his penetration against him 

    Did the Browns ever try any bubble screens?   Don't recall any.  Would that have helped accomplish that? 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to play devils advocate...he left some huge rush lanes that we took too long to exploit.

    you RUN at him, you trap him - take him up field and hit the spot he vacated.  We had some nice runs at him not so much when he wasn’t cutting off the backside and making plays across the field.

    unbelievable talent but you can scheme him out for some of the game in fact use his penetration against him 

    Did the Browns ever try any bubble screens?   Don't recall any.  Would that have helped accomplish that? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Did the Browns ever try any bubble screens?   Don't recall any.  Would that have helped accomplish that? 

    No they didn’t.  If you have backers that are crashing down like they were especially over the right side - that opens up screen game.  But I saw a lot piss poor blocking downfield from the Browns too and you need some blocks on that play.  Ratley has a great opportunity to spring Jarvis on that last drive and past a guy like he had an infectious disease.

    Instead of putting five guys in the end zone on weakly executed routes on 1-4 goal at the 4 last night- that may have been a good call.  WR screen or the obvious Chubb left or Chubb right 4 times probably too we had three timeouts too.

    we did well with the screens to Chubb but we went to the well too many times on it at the end.

    we played like we had a rookie coach.  

  • Duke Johnson would have been on the injured list last night and would not have suited up.

    ill take the 3rd round pick next year and use it to replace Njoku 

  • @the-gipper said:

    What I mean is that we need an outlet receiver for times when Baker is in trouble and needs to dump it off. There appears to be NO scheme for that in this offense. So...no checkdown back means that Baker has to scramble and heave the ball downfield..instead of having a safety valve in there.

    The best QBs always have an offense with a checkdown short pass receiver. Whatever this is our OC runs is very defective, especially with a porous OL.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The best QBs always have an offense with a checkdown short pass receiver. Whatever this is our OC runs is very defective, especially with a porous OL.

    Me and Brother in law said the very same thing. I know many people made fun of "check-down" Alex Smith but it'd better then what I been seeing.  It like if the 1st option isn't available Baker is either eating dirt or scrabbling for his life to the right, throwing weirdfading away. Infuriating how they wasting all this talent. Also has anyone notice Jarvis is being completely ignore on everything and is a glorified special teamer/kick returner. 

  • Maybe Baker shouldn’t have shotgunned that beer on tv.... Maybe he shouldn’t do tv ads with that cute blonde(real wife), maybe he shouldn’t have gotten married

     He’s a young newlywed celebrity athlete.  I’m of the opinion that our man Baker is merely going through what many call a sophomore slump or jinx. A lot has happened to him in a short year and it’s catching up. I’m sure that he’ll process things and that the game starts “slowing down” for him soon. With his work ethic and attitude, he’ll be just fine

  • Maybe Baker shouldn’t have shotgunned that beer on tv.... Maybe he shouldn’t do tv ads with that cute blonde(real wife), maybe he shouldn’t have gotten married

     He’s a young newlywed celebrity athlete.  I’m of the opinion that our man Baker is merely going through what many call a sophomore slump or jinx. A lot has happened to him in a short year and it’s catching up. I’m sure that he’ll process things and that the game starts “slowing down” for him soon. With his work ethic and attitude, he’ll be just fine

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Maybe Baker shouldn’t have shotgunned that beer on tv.... Maybe he shouldn’t do tv ads with that cute blonde(real wife), maybe he shouldn’t have gotten married

     He’s a young newlywed celebrity athlete.  I’m of the opinion that our man Baker is merely going through what many call a sophomore slump or jinx. A lot has happened to him in a short year and it’s catching up. I’m sure that he’ll process things and that the game starts “slowing down” for him soon. With his work ethic and attitude, he’ll be just fine

    That may be true maybe the whirlwind finally caught up with him AFTER the rookie season when he just got thrown into the fire after an injury and he was just playing on adrelenine and natural football ability and instinct.

    Maybe this weekend with a tough opponent and on the road he can kick it in gear again.

    Mr Hollywood has to go back to just being a football player again.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Maybe Baker shouldn’t have shotgunned that beer on tv.... Maybe he shouldn’t do tv ads with that cute blonde(real wife), maybe he shouldn’t have gotten married

     He’s a young newlywed celebrity athlete.  I’m of the opinion that our man Baker is merely going through what many call a sophomore slump or jinx. A lot has happened to him in a short year and it’s catching up. I’m sure that he’ll process things and that the game starts “slowing down” for him soon. With his work ethic and attitude, he’ll be just fine

    That may be true maybe the whirlwind finally caught up with him AFTER the rookie season when he just got thrown into the fire after an injury and he was just playing on adrelenine and natural football ability and instinct.

    Maybe this weekend with a tough opponent and on the road he can kick it in gear again.

    Mr Hollywood has to go back to just being a football player again.

    @mjp28 said:

    That may be true maybe the whirlwind finally caught up with him AFTER the rookie season when he just got thrown into the fire after an injury and he was just playing on adrelenine and natural football ability and instinct.

    Maybe this weekend with a tough opponent and on the road he can kick it in gear again.

    Mr Hollywood has to go back to just being a football player again.

    It is fairly common. I don’t think he’s trying to be a mr Hollywood type. That’s just mad ave hype. He’ll settle

  • I’m starting to wonder if the loss of Zeitler is having a greater effect on Baker’s style of play than we thought. I feel like last year Baker at least had a teacup of reliable protection up front in the form of Bitonio, Tretter and Zeitler and seemed more confident stepping up in the pocket when the walls closed in instead of bolting stage right.

  • I thought something was off on this thread I'm sure Gip meant:. 

    personnel

    [ pur-suh-nel ]SHOW IPA

    noun

    a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
    (used with a plural verb) persons:All personnel are being given the day off.
  • I thought something was off on this thread I'm sure Gip meant:. 

    personnel

    [ pur-suh-nel ]SHOW IPA

    noun

    a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
    (used with a plural verb) persons:All personnel are being given the day off.

    @mjp28 said:

    I thought something was off on this thread I'm sure Gip meant:. 

    personnel

    [ pur-suh-nel ]SHOW IPA

    noun

    a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
    (used with a plural verb) persons:All personnel are being given the day off.

    Well....I am usually a very good speller, but a few words do get me at times:   Reccommend ...recommend. or is it reccomend.   Accomodation. Accommodation? And a few others.  I don't know if I can go in and edit a subject title like we do with our posts. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I thought something was off on this thread I'm sure Gip meant:. 

    personnel

    [ pur-suh-nel ]SHOW IPA

    noun

    a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
    (used with a plural verb) persons:All personnel are being given the day off.

    Well....I am usually a very good speller, but a few words do get me at times:   Reccommend ...recommend. or is it reccomend.   Accomodation. Accommodation? And a few others.  I don't know if I can go in and edit a subject title like we do with our posts. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....I am usually a very good speller, but a few words do get me at times:   Reccommend ...recommend. or is it reccomend.   Accomodation. Accommodation? And a few others.  I don't know if I can go in and edit a subject title like we do with our posts. 

    I know you are in fact you are an excellent wordsmith and put up many good questions and surveys.

    You can go back and edit your title and call me an idiot now.   😆

  • There may be some personal issues holding this team back.  

  • There may be some personal issues holding this team back.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    There may be some personal issues holding this team back.  

    That is initially what I thought this thread was about......or the Gipper was having personal issues and needed our help, not that there is anything wrong with that.   😉

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    There may be some personal issues holding this team back.  

    That is initially what I thought this thread was about......or the Gipper was having personal issues and needed our help, not that there is anything wrong with that.   😉

    @mjp28 said:

    That is initially what I thought this thread was about......or the Gipper was having personal issues and needed our help, not that there is anything wrong with that.   😉

    I do need a blow job. Can you help