Baltimore Sucks
-
-
Folks seemed to forget our opening 3 and out... which IIRC ended in a sack. Plus early short run after short run by Chubb.
We put 10 points on the board in the 1st half...
We wore down a very good, starting D that apparently lacks the depth to rotate enough to stay fresh...
Above was augmented by our D showing up early and often to keep the BLT D from being able to catch its collective breath. That we may have "exposed" a QB in the process is simply icing on the cake.
We then put 30 points on the board in the 2nd half.
That's what power teams do... wear down whomever is across from them.
We have an identity... we now need to wash-rinse-repeat until it's a reputation.
-
Folks seemed to forget our opening 3 and out... which IIRC ended in a sack. Plus early short run after short run by Chubb.
We put 10 points on the board in the 1st half...
We wore down a very good, starting D that apparently lacks the depth to rotate enough to stay fresh...
Above was augmented by our D showing up early and often to keep the BLT D from being able to catch its collective breath. That we may have "exposed" a QB in the process is simply icing on the cake.
We then put 30 points on the board in the 2nd half.
That's what power teams do... wear down whomever is across from them.
We have an identity... we now need to wash-rinse-repeat until it's a reputation.
Folks seemed to forget our opening 3 and out... which IIRC ended in a sack. Plus early short run after short run by Chubb.
We put 10 points on the board in the 1st half...
We wore down a very good, starting D that apparently lacks the depth to rotate enough to stay fresh...
Above was augmented by our D showing up early and often to keep the BLT D from being able to catch its collective breath. That we may have "exposed" a QB in the process is simply icing on the cake.
We then put 30 points on the board in the 2nd half.
That's what power teams do... wear down whomever is across from them.
We have an identity... we now need to wash-rinse-repeat until it's a reputation.
I’m pretty sure by the time we were into the 3rd quarter the Ravens defensive backfield was thoroughly done dealing with our pulling and shooting Olinemen cracking through to block them.
-
Alright, good game. I definitely had confidence in us before the game, but your fuckin team came in ready to play. Had an answer for everything we were doing offensively, and picked our pathetic defense apart play after play. Manhandled us, but I have no problem admitting that and congratulating you guys on your team playing awesome yesterday. They were well prepared. Good job!!!
-
Alright, good game. I definitely had confidence in us before the game, but your fuckin team came in ready to play. Had an answer for everything we were doing offensively, and picked our pathetic defense apart play after play. Manhandled us, but I have no problem admitting that and congratulating you guys on your team playing awesome yesterday. They were well prepared. Good job!!!
Alright, good game. I definitely had confidence in us before the game, but your fuckin team came in ready to play. Had an answer for everything we were doing offensively, and picked our pathetic defense apart play after play. Manhandled us, but I have no problem admitting that and congratulating you guys on your team playing awesome yesterday. They were well prepared. Good job!!!
Next time, know whom you are issuing challenges to. What did I say about you being a notch.

-
Alright, good game. I definitely had confidence in us before the game, but your fuckin team came in ready to play. Had an answer for everything we were doing offensively, and picked our pathetic defense apart play after play. Manhandled us, but I have no problem admitting that and congratulating you guys on your team playing awesome yesterday. They were well prepared. Good job!!!
Next time, know whom you are issuing challenges to. What did I say about you being a notch.

Next time, know whom you are issuing challenges to. What did I say about you being a notch.

That's pretty dumb, but we will meet again. I love tough talk from fans who haven't even seen there team in a playoff game in 17 years, and have had 2, TWO!!!, winning seasons in 20 years. But are we not supposed to talk about that here? Those 18 years where you all won anywhere from 0 to 5 games throughout the entire season are all forgiven since you won yesterday...Gotcha!! I'm starting to understand the rules here. 2 years ago, you didn't even win a game...but now you all are riding high as hell...2 and 2 record...yea baby!!!
-
Next time, know whom you are issuing challenges to. What did I say about you being a notch.

That's pretty dumb, but we will meet again. I love tough talk from fans who haven't even seen there team in a playoff game in 17 years, and have had 2, TWO!!!, winning seasons in 20 years. But are we not supposed to talk about that here? Those 18 years where you all won anywhere from 0 to 5 games throughout the entire season are all forgiven since you won yesterday...Gotcha!! I'm starting to understand the rules here. 2 years ago, you didn't even win a game...but now you all are riding high as hell...2 and 2 record...yea baby!!!
That's pretty dumb, but we will meet again. I love tough talk from fans who haven't even seen there team in a playoff game in 17 years, and have had 2, TWO!!!, winning seasons in 20 years. But are we not supposed to talk about that here? Those 18 years where you all won anywhere from 0 to 5 games throughout the entire season are all forgiven since you won yesterday...Gotcha!! I'm starting to understand the rules here. 2 years ago, you didn't even win a game...but now you all are riding high as hell...2 and 2 record...yea baby!!!
I wasn't talking about the Browns or the game. (and besides....it was a chance to post a cool photo)
-
Sorry, I misunderstood...But I agree, it is a cool photo..lol
-
Still can't get used to it. The most gaudy name/logo combo in the NFL.
Still can't get used to it. The most gaudy name/logo combo in the NFL.
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
-
Still can't get used to it. The most gaudy name/logo combo in the NFL.
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
-
Next time, know whom you are issuing challenges to. What did I say about you being a notch.

That's pretty dumb, but we will meet again. I love tough talk from fans who haven't even seen there team in a playoff game in 17 years, and have had 2, TWO!!!, winning seasons in 20 years. But are we not supposed to talk about that here? Those 18 years where you all won anywhere from 0 to 5 games throughout the entire season are all forgiven since you won yesterday...Gotcha!! I'm starting to understand the rules here. 2 years ago, you didn't even win a game...but now you all are riding high as hell...2 and 2 record...yea baby!!!
That's pretty dumb, but we will meet again. I love tough talk from fans who haven't even seen there team in a playoff game in 17 years, and have had 2, TWO!!!, winning seasons in 20 years. But are we not supposed to talk about that here? Those 18 years where you all won anywhere from 0 to 5 games throughout the entire season are all forgiven since you won yesterday...Gotcha!! I'm starting to understand the rules here. 2 years ago, you didn't even win a game...but now you all are riding high as hell...2 and 2 record...yea baby!!!
The past is the past Ravens guy. I was up in Cleveland for a wedding this past weekend, and sure enough saw a Ravens fan at the hotel yukking it up on how the Ravens were going to smear the Browns. Ravens fans seem to forget 2018- present, the Browns are now 2-1 against Baltimore, & were mighty close to making it 3-0. Lamar Jackson has improved, but as our former coach Sam Rutigliano said- "there are no old running QBs in the NFL."
MHO? the talking heads were too fast to start chirping about the Ravens after they beat up on two horrible teams.. I'll put the the odds at 50-50 the Dolphins will be the third team to go 0-16, now that one of the teams they play- the Giants are showing signs of life. I don't think the their odds are all that great against the Jets either...
I'll admit until last year post 1999 the Browns were terrible, bad coaches, horrible drafting, and screwed up front offices. But Steelers fans seem to forget before 1970 Pittsburgh was as big a joke as the recent Browns teams were- and maybe worse.
-
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
Yeah- and a guy who died in the gutter, IIRC.... The Ravens have enough talent to not wind up there this year- but time will tell....
-
That's pretty dumb, but we will meet again. I love tough talk from fans who haven't even seen there team in a playoff game in 17 years, and have had 2, TWO!!!, winning seasons in 20 years. But are we not supposed to talk about that here? Those 18 years where you all won anywhere from 0 to 5 games throughout the entire season are all forgiven since you won yesterday...Gotcha!! I'm starting to understand the rules here. 2 years ago, you didn't even win a game...but now you all are riding high as hell...2 and 2 record...yea baby!!!
The past is the past Ravens guy. I was up in Cleveland for a wedding this past weekend, and sure enough saw a Ravens fan at the hotel yukking it up on how the Ravens were going to smear the Browns. Ravens fans seem to forget 2018- present, the Browns are now 2-1 against Baltimore, & were mighty close to making it 3-0. Lamar Jackson has improved, but as our former coach Sam Rutigliano said- "there are no old running QBs in the NFL."
MHO? the talking heads were too fast to start chirping about the Ravens after they beat up on two horrible teams.. I'll put the the odds at 50-50 the Dolphins will be the third team to go 0-16, now that one of the teams they play- the Giants are showing signs of life. I don't think the their odds are all that great against the Jets either...
I'll admit until last year post 1999 the Browns were terrible, bad coaches, horrible drafting, and screwed up front offices. But Steelers fans seem to forget before 1970 Pittsburgh was as big a joke as the recent Browns teams were- and maybe worse.
The past is the past Ravens guy. I was up in Cleveland for a wedding this past weekend, and sure enough saw a Ravens fan at the hotel yukking it up on how the Ravens were going to smear the Browns. Ravens fans seem to forget 2018- present, the Browns are now 2-1 against Baltimore, & were mighty close to making it 3-0. Lamar Jackson has improved, but as our former coach Sam Rutigliano said- "there are no old running QBs in the NFL."
MHO? the talking heads were too fast to start chirping about the Ravens after they beat up on two horrible teams.. I'll put the the odds at 50-50 the Dolphins will be the third team to go 0-16, now that one of the teams they play- the Giants are showing signs of life. I don't think the their odds are all that great against the Jets either...
I'll admit until last year post 1999 the Browns were terrible, bad coaches, horrible drafting, and screwed up front offices. But Steelers fans seem to forget before 1970 Pittsburgh was as big a joke as the recent Browns teams were- and maybe worse.
To be fair we forget we were bad pre-1999. Only 1 winning season from 1990 -1999.
It's as if we picked up where we left off after we returned...ugh.
-
Still can't get used to it. The most gaudy name/logo combo in the NFL.
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
I never minded the name Ravens for Baltimore. I just minded how that franchise came about. To his credit...sort of, Modell kinda wanted to do the same thing with B-more that was done with the Browns: return the Colts name/history to Baltimore. But Robert Irsay wanted like 25 million dollars to do that, so Modell declined.
-
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
I in turn will say this though...the derogatory name for your team "Rats" fits your team better than any other teams "derogatory name". Modell shoulda went with it.
I wouldn't be going out on a limb by saying Baltimore has more rats than ravens living in it.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-rats-public-housing-20171101-story.html
http://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-rat-abatement-20141118-story.html
-
Oh, the Baltomorons- as I used to call them after Schmodell took the Baltimore| Maryland bribe- wanted to keep the "bird" thing, they do have the Orioles. They apparently didn't realize a Raven is a scavenger bird. Saw a bunch of them dining on a roadkill arctic hare up in Alaska....
Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks are already taken. I like this one though- the Baltimore Boobies....
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
Well....they did both...they wanted a bird that was endemic to Baltimore...and they selected the Raven from the poem.
And FYI....the Browns name is actually for, essentially: African-Americans, if you buy one version of how the name originated.
-
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
Yeah- and a guy who died in the gutter, IIRC.... The Ravens have enough talent to not wind up there this year- but time will tell....
-
Spoken like a true idiot...We didn't take the Ravens name because we wanted a bird, we took it because this is where Edgar Allen Poe came from and he wrote The Raven. But you already knew that. I WILL say this though...the name Browns does still fit your team though...the color of shit.
I in turn will say this though...the derogatory name for your team "Rats" fits your team better than any other teams "derogatory name". Modell shoulda went with it.
I wouldn't be going out on a limb by saying Baltimore has more rats than ravens living in it.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-rats-public-housing-20171101-story.html
http://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-rat-abatement-20141118-story.html
I in turn will say this though...the derogatory name for your team "Rats" fits your team better than any other teams "derogatory name". Modell shoulda went with it.
I wouldn't be going out on a limb by saying Baltimore has more rats than ravens living in it.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-rats-public-housing-20171101-story.html
http://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-rat-abatement-20141118-story.html
Baltimore's a pretty big place, but here, you're talkin about Baltimore City, and yes, the rats are nasty down there. Shit, I don't go to the city anymore. I ain't trying to get my ass shot. Baltimore's got a pretty bad rep, but it's so bad now, we deserve it.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



